**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New IRON MAN sucks!

Sarkhan_UnbrokenSarkhan_Unbroken Posts: 35
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
It’s an awkward attacker
His debuff are far too short to maintain
Without his debuff, his damage output is underwhelming
Not worth the arena trouble (stay away)

He may be an ok defender, solid as best (at his very best)
It just seems like they tried to have all this utilities in place for him but none of them are actually useful at all.

It’s a meh champion

Comments

• KyleMKyleM Posts: 129
    His rebuffs are excellent his damage out isn’t the best but the same applies to gwenpool that the way both rely on debuffd
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    It’s an awkward attacker
    His debuff are far too short to maintain
    Without his debuff, his damage output is underwhelming
    Not worth the arena trouble (stay away)

He may be an ok defender, solid as best (at his very best)
    It just seems like they tried to have all this utilities in place for him but none of them are actually useful at all.

It’s a meh champion

i'm curious to see if you keep saying that after running into him on AW defense
  • So the complaint is he’s not an OP god tier that needs to be nerfed now?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    of course, everybody that wants him wants him for defense and not really for attack.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    He should be a god tier attacker why does STARK enhanced spiderman get to be the best tech champ and one of the best overall while wearing a suit made by TONY STARK whereas TONY STARK can't even make a suit which is even better for himself.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,349 ★★★★★
    Other people seem to have very different opinions.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/69609/detailed-thoughts-on-iron-man-iw-warning-its-a-long-read#latest

Maybe give it time before a final decision on how he is overall?
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Does the op even have one? If he did must not know how to use him. I only have the 3* version, and he amazing, unblocked sp1, big heavy damage, bleed immuned, incernate , and cold snap as well with a stack of molecular armor, and there's still way more lol, he must be trolling
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    First he's OP and now he sucks? Make up your darn minds
    Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He still looks interesting to me but doesn't look like he'll be putting out big damage anytime soon. I've always been a fan of utility champs though. That said I don't have him and if I pulled him he wouldn't get ranked up for a very long time the way he looks.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    His auto block triggers parry. He is worse than Medusa the most powerful AW defender atm. He is sought after for AW defense not attack. You might not realize how useful he is as a defender because even on Uncollected he didn’t have Parry mastery. Wait and see.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    I didn’t even know he was available yet lol
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Is that so? Then why is he not the same god tier when he is classic spidey? Also I am talking about in game.
    @Axo4545
  • helloguyshelloguys Posts: 90
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    He should be a god tier attacker why does STARK enhanced spiderman get to be the best tech champ and one of the best overall while wearing a suit made by TONY STARK whereas TONY STARK can't even make a suit which is even better for himself.

Because Spider-Man will always be better than Iron man. With or without the suits. Greatest hero of them all.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Batman is the greatest hero of all-time. Batman with prep ftw.
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    I got a 4* IM IW and he's pretty interesting. The DOT is actually pretty good, and you can keep it up indefinitely. Plus, if you have the plasma debuff going, you drain power on repulsor attacks. Oh, and you can STACK plasma debuffs, and keep them going indefinitely. It'd be cool if you could keep Gwenpool's bleed going indefinitely, huh? Throw in a pretty high crit rating (29.9% on my R3 4*), armor break, stun, heal block, non-evadable repulsor attacks, an unblockable start to his SP1, and the ability to decrease ability accuracy/effectiveness for power control champs, and you've got more than a pretty solid offensive champ. He may not do MAX DAMAGE!!!!!, but he's a good champ. I think once people get their hands on him & figure him out, he will rank pretty high on the list of champs. I definitely wouldn't sell him short.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    From what op says about “stay away from his arena” makes me really feel like this is nothing more than a troll post.
    It would seem to me that op infact thinks IM IW is infact an awesome champ and want to be able to get him from arena with as little competition as possible.

What OP fails to realise is that by doing this all that is happening is more people are talking about how good he will be and it may just encourage more people to go for him in arena than otherwise would have
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Zeronaut81 wrote: »
    I got a 4* IM IW and he's pretty interesting. The DOT is actually pretty good, and you can keep it up indefinitely. Plus, if you have the plasma debuff going, you drain power on repulsor attacks. Oh, and you can STACK plasma debuffs, and keep them going indefinitely. It'd be cool if you could keep Gwenpool's bleed going indefinitely, huh? Throw in a pretty high crit rating (29.9% on my R3 4*), armor break, stun, heal block, non-evadable repulsor attacks, an unblockable start to his SP1, and the ability to decrease ability accuracy/effectiveness for power control champs, and you've got more than a pretty solid offensive champ. He may not do MAX DAMAGE!!!!!, but he's a good champ. I think once people get their hands on him & figure him out, he will rank pretty high on the list of champs. I definitely wouldn't sell him short.

You can make Gwenpools bleed last pretty Long by performing heavy attacks to renew her over 20 second bleeds. But yeah probs not as easy as IW Iron Man