**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

IW Cap syn not working?

Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
Tech Breakthrough doesn't seem to be working with IW Cap.

My opponents use special attacks and yet keep their extra power, nothing gets drained.

Comments

• Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    Are you using Vision or Iron man?
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    I've used all three listed. Currently using OG Vision. I also considered that maybe the wording was wrong, it doesn't matter - they use their special, I use mine: the opponent's excess power remains and doesn't get drained (excluding the power burn Vision naturally has of course). Is it working for you?
    Device and Version: iPad Air 2

Device Operating System: 0s 11.2.6

Mobile Carrier: N/A

Cellular or WiFi: WiFi - no cellular

Game Version Installed: 18.0.1

Game Mode: All

Champions Affected: Infinity War Captain America (by extension Vision [both] and Iron Man)

Active Boosts: No

Description of the Issue: Captain America's 'Tech Breakthrough' synergy doesn't seem to work at all. I have placed Vision (both) as well as Iron Man on my team and yet my opponent's power is never drained. I've testing this with all three heroes, I've tested this fighting as all three, fighting as IW Cap, I've tested it against my opponents SP1 and SP2 and I've even tested it using my own specials. The synergy seems broken and does not work, my opponent's excess power is never drained.
    edited May 2018
    Still no reply on this.

Also, why is the IW Cap syn old Iron Man and not IW Iron Man? Seems like a pretty obvious missed opportunity. Regardless, the syn is not working and if I could get some sort of acknowledgement...

"We're aware and working on it..."
    "It works and you're crazy, here is how to do it..."

Something would be nice.

Edit: Sorry, I wanted to edit this into my last comment but I can't edit the post.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi! We've passed this information along for investigation and will update as we have any new information.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Cap IW does not gain this benefit, the tech champs do...
    Yes, I mentioned that I tested it with all, Cap as well as both Visions and Iron Man (whom I still think should be IW version)
    edited May 2018
    For me, tech champs work as the description reads. CA IW does not gain this benefit, but that’s as intended.

The way it’s “suppose” to work is when you have the synergy active, you use a tech champ. When the opponent fires a special, the remainder of the power they have drains to zero.

I hope they fix this issue for you. I also hope the issue(s) you’re experiencing don’t show up for me 😅
    For me, tech champs work as the description reads. CA IW does not gain this benefit, but that’s as intended.

The way it’s “suppose” to work is when you have the synergy active, you use a tech champ. When the opponent fires a special, the remainder of the power they have drains to zero.

I hope they fix this issue for you. I also hope the issue(s) you’re experiencing don’t show up for me 😅

I get that, but when I fight people using OG Vision/Civil War Vision or OG Iron Man, they use their specials and no excess energy gets drained/burned off. It remains.

For you, does the synergy have it's own icon, like the mutant one?
    uwc5cc5vez9z.jpeg

I used that line up. I wanted to ensure the mystic and tech synergies would be extended beyond the champs shown for the synergy.

I just used SL and it works. I can send you the clip via Line: {} Tasty
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    To clarify, this synergy only drains the opponent's remaining power after the opponent uses a special, not the player.
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    To clarify, this synergy only drains the opponent's remaining power after the opponent uses a special, not the player.

Yes, I follow. But when I build a team, regardless of whether I use OG/Civil War Vision or OG Iron Man, whether or not I have any other tech member on my team. The opponent will build, let's say 2.5 bars of power and I bait out a special, they will have that .5 bar of power left.

I'll try and record a clip.
    Okay, it's working now. I updated my iOS but it's more likely I'm just stupid... sorry for wasting all of your time.
  • IkedoggIkedogg Posts: 1
    edited June 2018
    Caps also having issues with vfqpbsyp13pg.png

He’s also taking hits from Juggs as well I have video if needed
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Ikedogg wrote: »
    Caps also having issues with vfqpbsyp13pg.png

He’s also taking hits from Juggs as well I have video if needed

He needs to be kinetically charged, so you can't do it at the start of the fight.
    Once you get at least 1 kinetic potential, you can just hit Juggs after every special of his.