**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Speed Variations

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
I've tried to grin and bear it, but I have to say something because this is a major issue. There needs to be consistency in the speed of the AI vs. our controls. I don't know what causes it, whether it's the server, the devices, the CR, higher AI, quite frankly I'm beyond trying to figure out at this point. Every month, Master is lagging beyond belief and the AI moves faster for me. War is worse, when you can't even Evade or get a hit in because they're 3x speed. The Infinite is insane sometimes. It's becoming fanatical. Add on the proc amount of things like Evade from the AI, and it's too much. Way too much. Trials are the same. Spent hundreds of Units on them, along with Thanos. Not because the difficulty is too much, but because you get jumped before you can even respond. You can't Evade, you can't Block, you just mash the device and die.
I'm all for a challenge and pushing myself, but if whatever mechanics are causing side-effects, whether device-related or not, where you can't use your controls properly and your Fight is 3x faster than you can move, it needs to be examined. At this point it's not just a sporadic problem. It's seriously affecting the experience of the game.

Comments

• Options
    The_RikerpThe_Rikerp Posts: 59
    This has been an issue for a long time, with no fix in sight. Just more generic responses from kabam. I think it might be time for a new game.
  • Options
    WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    Also noticed this for a long time. Personally I like them when they’re in “hyperdrive“ it’s when everything slows down that irritates me and causes problems
  • Options
    Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    edited May 2018
    Venom, Doc Ock and occasionally Beast when super sped up are hard to evade attacks. Don’t know if it’s just me but I notice when Spidey evades or the AI uses dexterity our champ will stay in place swinging. When I use Dex against faster champs they are able to lunge forward making it very hard to use dexterity properly.
    Add Dorm to that list.
  • Options
    Venom, Doc Ock and occasionally Beast when super sped up are hard to evade attacks. Don’t know if it’s just me but I notice when Spidey evades or the AI uses dexterity our champ will stay in place swinging. When I use Dex against faster champs they are able to lunge forward making it very hard to use dexterity properly.
    Add Dorm to that list.

Some Champs are faster, but not as much as I've been experiencing. There's no time for response.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Not sure about your Threads. I try to stay constructive. I'm not really ranting or venting. I just had to say something because it's been sitting with me for months. The speed is way up and down. I'm just expressing that I think it needs to be looked at. No judgment or anything like that. For me, it's ruining the experience of the game. I had a few guys in my Ally express the same thing in our current War, Heavies were sped up beyond control. It's more or less starting a Fight you can't win. Master, Trials, War, Infinite, all over. I don't hold it against anyone. I just want to say I think it's essential to have it more cconsistent. It's not just a little fast. It's as if you pressed Fast Forward, but our controls are Slow Motion.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • Options
    Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    when I see fast forward style gameplay it's usually the game going past 30 fps and it takes sometime to adjust I use iOS now mostly so don't know if in android they uncapped the fps for alliance wars/ other content
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Sirnoob2 wrote: »
    when I see fast forward style gameplay it's usually the game going past 30 fps and it takes sometime to adjust I use iOS now mostly so don't know if in android they uncapped the fps for alliance wars/ other content

Nope, I dont think this is it.

Definitely AI is sped up at higher difficulties. They dash quicker, they heavy quicker and overall it just messes up the parry / block/intercept timings and detection.
This discussion has been closed.