**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Crazy Idea: What about having a Golden Adaptoid, Symbioid, and Ultron Drone as a Playable Character?

Alright, I know this idea sounds insane, but hear me out. This just might be so crazy that it works.

Acquiring these champions:
At level 20, you would receive a 1* Golden Adaptoid in your Champion list. At level 40, you would get a Symbioid. At level 60, you would get an Ultron Drone. These Drones were extremely powerful and annoying to fight. They have been largely forgotten and haven't been utilized by Kabam since that Ultron update so long ago. These Drones would be amazing to have due to their Class abilities that are very powerful. I found something on Reddit listing the Class abilities they had: https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/359m6v/signature_abilities_of_ultron_and_drones_in_arena/

Editing, Customization, and Personalization of these champions:
Immediately when gaining these champions, you unlock their SP1 move and a Passive ability. You get to choose any SP1 move that any Adaptoid has. When they reach 2* Tier, which I'll explain soon, you can choose their SP2 move. You also get to choose their Awakened Ability from all Adaptoid Awakened Abilities. This is the same for Symbioids and Ultron Drones, but with their type of SP moves and abilities. None of these champions have SP3 moves since they don't have them in any other modes.

Ranking and Leveling up these champions:
When you gain these champions, they are 1*. You level and rank them up as normal until they are maxed out. You level and rank them up for each star tier until they are maxed out. The "Tier Upgrade" process is as follows:

1* to 2*: Costs 10,000 Gold. Their Signature Ability is level 25 once chosen.
2* to 3*: Costs 20,000 Gold. Signature Ability 50.
3* to 4*: Costs 30,000 Gold. Signature Ability 75.
4* to 5*: Costs 50,000 Gold. Signature Ability Maxed at 99.

Anyone like this idea? It's pretty far out there, so there's going to be a lot of people that love or hate this idea. Maybe Kabam could even throw in those weird Deadpooloids that were out with the Venompool quests to give to those people who have purchased Deadpool. Anyway, let me know what you think! Thanks for reading!
-CrusherOfDreams

Comments

• ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I think the mutant syms would be the best of the bunch. The mystics would be fun too.
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    i like what u have there, but i'm a bit confused by the use of the asterisk(*) are you saying that a champ changes number of "stars" as he levels up?
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Trumpoot wrote: »
    i like what u have there, but i'm a bit confused by the use of the asterisk(*) are you saying that a champ changes number of "stars" as he levels up?

You max them out as a 1*, the spend the gold to make them a 2*. This continues all the way to 5*. And yes, when I use an asterisk, I mean star. Sorry for the confusion.
    Thawnim wrote: »
    I think the mutant syms would be the best of the bunch. The mystics would be fun too.

These champion are "neutral" in class. There would be no class for them. I guess that they aren't necessarily Golden since Golden Adaptoids do have classes, they're just hidden before the fight, but I meant for these ones to be neutral, or maybe have the Universal class like Maestro has.
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    I think this is a great idea. But MCOC would have to devote a lot of time to make this possible. If this was going to proceed it might take awhile to get the update. Because a big change like that does not happen overnight.
  • namelessnameless Posts: 31
    I was thinking the same thing! They can also do a Sentinel that copy's your opponents moves and signature abilities.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    just imagine a war filled with symbioids on every node.
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    just imagine a war filled with symbioids on every node.

These Champions have no SP3 moves, and level up as you do. They won't be your best champion at any point in time unless you were to solely focus on upgrading them to prove me wrong. Their abilities aren't great, so they won't be used often. They just would be fun to use every once in awhile in Arena. Yeah, some might put these guys in AW, but shouldn't you be happy if they do? They aren't good. They'll have no SP3, and they'll have very ineffective and predictable abilities. Plus, if everyone only gets three of these guys, how would they be on every node? They would only make up 3/5 of the nodes, and that's if we're assuming that everyone decides to use all three of them to begin with, which they won't. No one would level up this guy before any half-decent champ that you'd see in AW. Even champs like Joe Fixit would probably be better than these guys. They'd just be a fun addition to give us Summoners a good time, which would definitely help Kabam out.
    Dave2442 wrote: »
    I think this is a great idea. But MCOC would have to devote a lot of time to make this possible. If this was going to proceed it might take awhile to get the update. Because a big change like that does not happen overnight.

Yes, it would be a huge update. It would definitely be worth it, though.
    nameless wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing! They can also do a Sentinel that copy's your opponents moves and signature abilities.

What do you mean?
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    Well, they could go your route or increase the power level, add some more abilities and increase the rank up costs to contain catalysts. In that case, here's my ideas for it:
    They'd gain an ability from a pool of tier-specific abilities at each new tier, which could be replaced with a small-to-medium gold fee. Their Awakened Ability would only have 3 parts, first gained at 1*, second at 3* and the final one at 5* tier; these could be replaced with a small unit fee. All of these abilities would be unique to their respective tier, with the later tiers being stronger, of course. You could choose your animations from a pool, and they'd have a fixed Sp3 animation.

As for the costs, here's my option: (level progression)
    1*->2*: 20000 gold, 6 t2b cats, 1 of all t1 class cats; (from 1/10 to 2/20)
    2*->3*: 30000 gold, 5 t3b cats, 1 of all t2 class cats; (from 2/20 to 3/30)
    3*->4*: 55000 gold, 3 t4b cats, 2 of all t3 class cats; (from 3/30 to 4/40)
    4*->5*: 100000 gold, 3 t5b cats, 1 of all t4 class cats; (from 4/40 to 5/65)
  • Dusky_DawnDusky_Dawn Posts: 60
    Ah, I remeber ultron drones...they were fricking terrible, none of the noobs even know. I kinda like this idea, I'd be down just to have one for fun
    Well, they could go your route or increase the power level, add some more abilities and increase the rank up costs to contain catalysts. In that case, here's my ideas for it:
    They'd gain an ability from a pool of tier-specific abilities at each new tier, which could be replaced with a small-to-medium gold fee. Their Awakened Ability would only have 3 parts, first gained at 1*, second at 3* and the final one at 5* tier; these could be replaced with a small unit fee. All of these abilities would be unique to their respective tier, with the later tiers being stronger, of course. You could choose your animations from a pool, and they'd have a fixed Sp3 animation.

See, in this thread, I changed it up so that you only gain one of these champs, and that champ has no class. Because of this, I think that you should be able to pick your SP moves and abilities from all classes of Adaptoids/Symbioids/Ultron Drones. As for their Awakened Abilities, you actually can't duplicate a 1* champ. That's why I split it up as I did. Also, these champs don't ever use SP3 moves. If they could, then users could rely on these champs from early on, which isn't the point. And finally, for the rank up costs, I don't think there should be any catalysts required to upgrade to the next star. That is one of the major changes from my previous post. I only put the costs in place so that these champs would progress with you as you level up and gain access to new catalysts. I realized, however, that the catalysts are used to rank them up within each star, which would already hinder them enough. Any extra costs would make the users quit trying to upgrade them to the next star.
    Dusky_Dawn wrote: »
    Ah, I remeber ultron drones...they were fricking terrible, none of the noobs even know. I kinda like this idea, I'd be down just to have one for fun

Yes, fun is the entire point. These guys probably wouldn't be anywhere near the top of your roster, but would be consistently dependable as backup in quests and arena. Plus, it would be very fun to use a guy that you basically created yourself.
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146

See, in this thread, I changed it up so that you only gain one of these champs, and that champ has no class. Because of this, I think that you should be able to pick your SP moves and abilities from all classes of Adaptoids/Symbioids/Ultron Drones. As for their Awakened Abilities, you actually can't duplicate a 1* champ. That's why I split it up as I did. Also, these champs don't ever use SP3 moves. If they could, then users could rely on these champs from early on, which isn't the point. And finally, for the rank up costs, I don't think there should be any catalysts required to upgrade to the next star. That is one of the major changes from my previous post. I only put the costs in place so that these champs would progress with you as you level up and gain access to new catalysts. I realized, however, that the catalysts are used to rank them up within each star, which would already hinder them enough. Any extra costs would make the users quit trying to upgrade them to the next star.

Then first awakening is at 2*s. And that's my spin on it. Different minds, different versions. As for the sp3 animation, you could just make a generic one for these guys and unlock it at tier 3

Then first awakening is at 2*s. And that's my spin on it. Different minds, different versions. As for the sp3 animation, you could just make a generic one for these guys and unlock it at tier 3

See, I'm just thinking that the SP3 not being an option would help keep these guys as a background champ. Maybe their lack of great abilities would already do that, I'm not really sure, but that's my thought. Honestly, I'd be happy whether they had SP3 moves or not.
    Remember, these guys would be background players, so you wouldn't really run into them during AW.
    No one else would want to use an Ultron Drone or a Symbioid or Adaptoid?
    Does anyone else like this idea?
    SlowDigz wrote: »
    Really? With the amount of characters Marvel has you want the adaptoids, symbiotes and drones? Kabam, these types of ideas are due to your lack of quality in the champions you have already released. People get HB IP SH LC and cringe at the sight of them popping up on their screen making the game less fun. Listen you your players and clean up the garbage.

Um, obviously. They wouldn't be great, they'd just be a new background champ for us to have fun with. We'd pretty much get to create them ourselves, which is why it would be fun.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★

How about this idea for adaptoids?

Adaptoids, by default, do not have a class. Their regular attacks (weak, medium, heavy) do not inflict debuffs nor provide buffs of any kinds.

Their special 1 and 2s do not provide buffs nor inflict debuffs, either.

So in other words, there is nothing special about the adaptoid. It's just a robot that can punch and kick.

Their special 3, however, is special. When triggered, he is in the "adaptoid phase".

When an adaptoid triggers its special 3, the following happens:

1. Gains 25% attack, enemy loses 25% attack
    2. Any debuffs inflicted by the enemy is removed.
    3. Gains any buffs that the enemy had active at the time the special was triggered with the exception of power gain and health regeneration. The buffs lasts the duration of the adaptoid phase.
    4. Power Gain + 25%
    5. Gains all the special attack abilities of the enemy -- meaning he now has the same special 1, 2, AND 3 of the enemy
    6. Gains the signature ability of the enemy -- if he has one and if the adaptoid itself is also awakened. The strength of the signature, however, is based on the signature level of the adaptoid, not the enemy's.
    7. He looks like the enemy but with a gray or silver skin color

This adaptoid phase last 12 seconds. After the 12 seconds, his power level is set back to 0 and he reverts back to a boring robot.

As for ranking and leveling, the adaptoid is treated the same way as all the other heroes in the game so no coding change is needed.

How about this idea for adaptoids?

Adaptoids, by default, do not have a class. Their regular attacks (weak, medium, heavy) do not inflict debuffs nor provide buffs of any kinds.

Their special 1 and 2s do not provide buffs nor inflict debuffs, either.

So in other words, there is nothing special about the adaptoid. It's just a robot that can punch and kick.

Their special 3, however, is special. When triggered, he is in the "adaptoid phase".

When an adaptoid triggers its special 3, the following happens:

1. Gains 25% attack, enemy loses 25% attack
    2. Any debuffs inflicted by the enemy is removed.
    3. Gains any buffs that the enemy had active at the time the special was triggered with the exception of power gain and health regeneration. The buffs lasts the duration of the adaptoid phase.
    4. Power Gain + 25%
    5. Gains all the special attack abilities of the enemy -- meaning he now has the same special 1, 2, AND 3 of the enemy
    6. Gains the signature ability of the enemy -- if he has one and if the adaptoid itself is also awakened. The strength of the signature, however, is based on the signature level of the adaptoid, not the enemy's.
    7. He looks like the enemy but with a gray or silver skin color

This adaptoid phase last 12 seconds. After the 12 seconds, his power level is set back to 0 and he reverts back to a boring robot.

As for ranking and leveling, the adaptoid is treated the same way as all the other heroes in the game so no coding change is needed.

That could be pretty cool. Other than that, do you like the idea?
    Where did everyone go?
    I really think that these background champ would be fun to have for Arena and as backups when your best guys are in AQ/AW.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    What a terrible idea
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    What a terrible idea

Thank you for that. And thank you for that thorough explanation on why.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    What a terrible idea

To be fair, you are the one that keeps resurrecting and bumping this thread...it is going to attract haters....
    Solswerd wrote: »
    What a terrible idea

To be fair, you are the one that keeps resurrecting and bumping this thread...it is going to attract haters....

The forums are set up in a way that if a thread loses steam for an hour, it may never be seen again. I really think this is a good idea, and I don't want it to be stuck in all the "Can i get Squirrel Gurl to b in this game. because she luks reely funny and i want to hav hur throughing skwirrls at people." type of threads. Sorry if I ask repetitive and rhetorical questions to keep it alive.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »
    What a terrible idea

The forums are set up in a way that if a thread loses steam for an hour, it may never be seen again. I really think this is a good idea, and I don't want it to be stuck in all the "Can i get Squirrel Gurl to b in this game. because she luks reely funny and i want to hav hur throughing skwirrls at people." type of threads. Sorry if I ask repetitive and rhetorical questions to keep it alive.

Bumping your own threads are against forum rules.