**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Auto Evade Causing Dropped Block During Specials

I’ve been noticing for a while now that when I hold my block during special attacks that my auto-evade characters may evade part of the special, but then get hit by the rest of it even though my block is held the entire time. This needs to be fixed.

Comments

• CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Agreed, this is bs, thats why i dont like champs that evade. I was blocking AV E1 with my Sparky, then he evaded amd even tough i was still holding block, the last shot got me and made me bleed to death
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    yes, especially against AV (using Spark) he is heavily bugged!
    his (-70% evade chance) doesn't mean -100% block chance!! when you literally hold block the whole time and one of the bullets trigger one evade(while you are blocking) and all the rest of the bullets will hit you no matter what you do.
    I hope at least they acknowledge this bug! it's been here since they released Spark
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    It always worked like this. Did you ever ask yourself why auto evade champs were always considered to be the worst champs in the game for attack before Spark was released? Its because auto evade breaks your block
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Codornas wrote: »
    Agreed, this is bs, thats why i dont like champs that evade. I was blocking AV E1 with my Sparky, then he evaded amd even tough i was still holding block, the last shot got me and made me bleed to death

Same thing happens while using DD Classic. Gets tagged by a "phantom" bullet.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    Again read the reason you get hit by AV is he has a 50% chance for evade reduction. This mechanic is what causes you to get clipped when you auto evade his speacials.
  • SirDuke_83SirDuke_83 Posts: 27
    Evade should be your default action when using evading champs, problem fixed
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Should really only happen against AV and punisher 99s special 2 . If it's happening against regular champs there's definitely a problem. Shouldn't happen if you're holding block as far as I'm concerned but against AV it definitely does.
  • Candid_and_FrankCandid_and_Frank Posts: 35
    I’ve had it happen with my Ultron against a regular Punisher L2. It’s definitely an issue. I understand the evade, but that shouldn’t expose you to further projectiles if you’re still holding block. It needs to be fixed.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,546 ★★★★★
    @Candid_and_Frank that’s the situation I’ve experienced: Ultron against a projectile champ other than AV.

Dr Zola
  • na_na_ Posts: 55
    I got hit by Medusa sp2 with miles morales.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    "Working as intended"
  • Hello Summoners!

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. We will make sure to forward your feedback along to the team regarding the way Auto-Evade is interacting with Champions while blocking. If you happen to have any other additional bits of information, feel free to share this with us.

• The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Code:
    If block = yes then evade = null
    done.

Seriously though, why not just not allow evade while blocking? Evade should not nullify or override your block.
  • Hey Everybody,

This is actually a bug that we are aware of, and are preparing a fix for. We hope to have the fix out with the next version, as long as nothing changes.

Thank you all for your patience on this matter.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    The reason this happens is a result of fixing the unavoidable evade punch the enemy was able to do, the “evade bug”. It was the evade bug fix that gave us his behavior so i have to ask has the evade punch been accounted for with the fix? I know which one i’d rather have to deal with and it isn’t the evade bug round 2.