**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Issue with Quake no longer evading Spiderman/Electro (etc) type heavy attack while in the corner.

Hey Kabam! I have had Quake as a character for years! Just a couple of the reasons she is so great is to help in fights to counter Spiderman evade, and fight electro without having to hit him and take damage from hitting him. Starting about 1 - 1.5 months ago, she no longer will evade their heavy attack once they corner her (or anyone with that particular type of heavy attack). This is very frustrating as I have been using her against those characters for years successfully, and now all the sudden this has changed and she will get hit by that type heavy attack every time when in corner. I know it isn't on purpose because Kabam would have notified us of this change in her ability to do so. Can you please add this to the list of issues to fix for the upcoming update?

This glitch in her ability happens in any and every type of content and does not depend on nodes or anything like that. Kabam could you please check this out for us?? I have been using her in those fights and successfully evading the Spiderman type heavy attack for years without having this problem. This has only been an issue for the last month or so.

Comments

• Options
    ILOVEMCOCILOVEMCOC Posts: 21
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Rose I wanted to be even more clear about this Bug to help provide you with every bit of information i can to fix this. I have asker alliance members and others, this is happening to EVERYONE who has tried to use Quake against champions with the spiderman type heavy (winter.soldier, cap america, electro, symbiote spiderman, miles morales, daredevil, black panther, both cyclops, hawkeye, black bolt, wolverine, and so on.) Ive asked about phones and connection types, this happens across all platforms. It happens in any content- arena, quests, duels, war and is not an effect of any node or boost. I would post a bunch video of what she used to since she first came out up until a month or so ago vs what happens now, but it is pretty self explanatory. When she is charging her heavy attack in the corner, this type of heavy attack hits her immediatly smack dab in the face instead of being evaded like it has the entirety of her existence up until a little over 1 month ago.

Thank you for your time, and dedicated service.

It would be helpful for other Quake players for Kabam to see multiple confirmations of this recent bug, so that they know this is an issue for all of those who have recently tried to use Quake in that situation.
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    This might be something to do with the fact that it's a 2 hit heavy attack. Try testing it against Cable or Karnak, who both have 2-hit heavies, and see how that goes.
    It might be a new thing where she evades the first hit, concussion is gone and the evade animation doesn't carry over to the second hit and so she gets hit.
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Thinking about it now, I think I kinda see your point, but I don't think it was as much of a big thing for me because the first time I got quake was about a month ago, and I got her as a 3* so she was never really an important champ for me to use. I use her in arena every now and then, and the change wasn't too noticeable for me, but I do remember it was a bit weird when she stopped evading those heavy attacks.
    Hopefully we do get a definitive answer from Kabam about this issue!!
  • Options
    BmanBman Posts: 228
    Quake is (was awesome). She has been broken in so many different ways in the last few months it’s beyond ridiculous! I’ve had 17 debuffs on Mordo in Arena (no nodes for ability reduction), stun doesn’t happen? 0
    Damage?? Yup both happened! No mastery will stop 17 or more of them! Been happening for months against many champs in ALL GAME PLAY MODES! There is another thread going for months and still no word from Kabam, not even an “under investigation” comment. Just complete silence as usual!!!
  • Options
    Yes, I saw the other thread. That isn't what this thread is about, Bman. This thread is solely for this one issue. I am aware of the other thread, please post those comments in that thread if you would like. The problems in that thread have nothing to do with this thread.

(I will mention though that ive probably used Quake more than probably every single person posting in that thread combined. The only thing mentioned in that other discussion that I can relate to is her a ability to charge her heavy for a second or 2 even after the fight is over... As far as all of these the other comments
    i where you can still hold her heavy after for a second the KOI have never once seen or had any of the issues mentioned
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    When quake is backed into a corner, there's no room for a full evade
    If she was at the center and she evaded electro's heavy, she'd completely evade it in one go
    But when backed into a corner, when she evades, the last hit which us the kick will touch her since her evade dash back length is cut short by the wall
    And yea she evades the first hit but not the remaining
    I feel it has to do with how far she's able to dash back
  • Options
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    When quake is backed into a corner, there's no room for a full evade
    If she was at the center and she evaded electro's heavy, she'd completely evade it in one go
    But when backed into a corner, when she evades, the last hit which us the kick will touch her since her evade dash back length is cut short by the wall
    And yea she evades the first hit but not the remaining
    I feel it has to do with how far she's able to dash back

... I am not asking for people to reply to this with their guesses and opinions, or to theorize at what possible reasons they think there could be for why this malfunction is occuring. If it was a change that was made to the game on purpose, Kabam would have added it to the list of changes and updates that were being adressed in the update for that month (Like they did with the change they are making to AAs neurotoxin this month, for example.) If you ever see a major change in a characters gameplay occur like this, and Kabam didn't mention it in their release notes for that months update, then it is because the change was not an intentional one by Kabam. That change therefore needs to be brought to their attention, so that it may be looked into and adressed as a bug to be fixed for the next update.

I am simply asking that the others who have been playing with Quake for a long time respond to this post and let Kabam know that this issue has also recently begun occuring to them, and that there is indeed a deviation in Quakes gameplay from when from she first joined the conest late in 2016, all the way up until just about a month ago.

• Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Ugh quake is my top science champ and whenever I get backed into a corner I get beaten by multi hit heavies
    And its been like that longer than you mentioned
    But you're probably more experienced in using her
  • Options
    it is only the spiderman type heavy that is now impossible to evade and dex out of the rest of the attack. every other type of heavy attack u can learn to avoid after she evades it takes practice, but i can even avoid modoks badass incinerate heavy
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious i can send plenty of video if you need it.
  • Options
    PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    Lol gotta love it when people post something but isn't interested in anything anyone else has to say 😂
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    My Quake is still working ok but I hope they figure out the bug for those experiencing it. Sounds like no fun
  • Options
    Lol gotta love it when people post something but isn't interested in anything anyone else has to say 😂

Read the title of the post. The people commenting on other glitches are just wrong. The only heavy attack that doesnt give you a chance to escape is that type of attack. Also, there is nothing wrong with her stun or aftershock. My Quake is 5 star r5 so trust when I say that the ONLY glitch with Quake right now is evading that heavy in the corner. Im not interested in polluting the discussion with thinga that arent actually issues, just human error on their part. If everyone tries to say other things are wrong with her when they actually arent, this will never be adressed.
  • Options
    I wanted to put this somewhere less crowded in hopes it may actually get a response.

Let me explain this a little bit better why this is a glitch, not a fix. If this change was made on purpose because Kabam thought they were fixing something, let me show you that there was nothing that needed to be fixed:

Many here have theorized on why this is suddenly happening. Would Kabam be able to provide a definitive answer for us please?

The most popular theory is that because both feet are used in the attack, it causes 2 hits and therefore one of them hits her. It seems to me that this is just a glitch or a change in the reach of that attack. I will explain why by going into detail on the game mechanics:

First let me state that I hope this wasn't a "fix" done by Kabam purposely, because they thought that this was some sort of bug in the game, or a type of character exploit (like the recent changes with AA for example). The 2 hits detail should not matter and wasnt some sort of bug or exploit that she was fully evading both of these hits in the heavy attack. The reason behind her evade of both hits was because both hits happen in such a short time, relatively simultaneously, that when the first hit triggers evade, she is still in the evade process when the second hit comes and therefore it cannot hit her. Simply put, when the 2nd hit of the attack comes it is so similtaneous with the first that her evade buff from the first is still active (as you can clearly see when fully evading this heavy while in the middle of the screen.)

The second reason based on game mechanics, is that the evade puts enough space between them temporarily, that the 2nd hit just misses. The 2nd hit is actually a shorter hit than the first and should not be able to cover the distance between them that the first hit could not. Think if you are walking down a crowded hallway and u lean to the side to avoid bumping shoulders with someone coming towards you, but there is a second person you dont see right behind them. You would lean to the side and avoid bumping into both oncomers, even without seeing the other one coming because you were still leaning away to avoid the first.... Now, picture that same scenario but the second person that you dont see is a couple of seconds pace behind them, u would stand back upright and bump their shoulder.

Quake was always working correctly by avoiding both hits of that attack because she is still leaning backwards when the second hit comes. This game mechanic was never a flaw in the game or something that was a bug with Quake that needed to be fixed. The issue was with the heavy attack itsself, the hits are so close in the timing of when they are supposed to make contact that the 2nd hit still went by. Im not saying this is some sort of bug for that type of heavy attack, it is just how this heavy was designed to work. You can undertand this point better by looking at Quakes reaction while cornered by other different types of multi hit heavy attacks by other champions. Lets take Magik for example. She has more than 2 hits, but the timing of the second hit is so that it will hit you, unless you learn to dex out of it (which takes practice, but it definitely possible). Therefore, logically following game mechanics, if the second hit of the spiderman type heavy attack is able to hit you, then that means the 2nd hit MUST come AFTER Quake has recovered from the evade of the first hit. If that were truly what was happening, then there would be an opening to use dexterity to avoid that 2nd hit, as supposedly she was fully recovered from the evade.

Hopefully this helps to understand that there was no fix to be made. Everything was working according to the proper mechanics of the game. NOTE ALSO: Any evade type champion, Spiderman himself for example, still fully evades this type of heavy attack in the corner WITH A SINGLE EVADE. Quakes evade has always responded in the same exact manner, as it should have. There was no glitch here. an evade is an evade, whether you are Quake or whether you are Spiderman. One of these characters evade responding differently to the same exact attack is the glitch, not the other way around.

I hope that Kabam has taken the time to read this. If they did change this on purpose, I hope that they can now understand that there was nothing that needed to be fixed, everything was working exactly as it should have.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

@Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Loto
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Rose

• Options
    xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    ILOVEMCOC wrote: »

Read the title of the post. The people commenting on other glitches are just wrong. The only heavy attack that doesnt give you a chance to escape is that type of attack. Also, there is nothing wrong with her stun or aftershock. My Quake is 5 star r5 so trust when I say that the ONLY glitch with Quake right now is evading that heavy in the corner. Im not interested in polluting the discussion with thinga that arent actually issues, just human error on their part. If everyone tries to say other things are wrong with her when they actually arent, this will never be adressed.

You can't evade other multi-hit heavies such as that of Magik, SW, BW or Storm as well.
  • Options
    ILOVEMCOC wrote: »

You can't evade other multi-hit heavies such as that of Magik, SW, BW or Storm as well.

As I JUST went into very good detail on, that has always been the case against the champs you just mentioned... You cannot fully AUTO evade those multi hit heavy attacks or any other multi hit heavy attack for that matter. HOWEVER, those attacks are all seperate hits, which means that after the first evade you can use dexterity to evade them yourself without being hit. Spidermans heavy may technically count as 2 hits, but those 2 hits occur WITHIN THE SAME MOTION. Therefore, these 2 hits should then in turn both be auto evaded within the same motion when her evade is triggered by that attack.

If that type of heavy attack was actually designed to operate as 2 separate motions, instead of 2 hits within the same motion, then you would have the ability to use dexterity after Quakes original evade and avoid the 2nd hit on your own, as you do with every other type of multi hit heavy attack
  • Options
    I just finally tested Quake against Cable in a duel... Not only will she not fully evade Cables heavy in the corner, she doesnt even fully evade it when it happens out in the open middle of the open!!!

Still no response yet from Kabam about whether this is a bug, or something they intended to happen. ????

If this was supposed to be "fixing" something thought to be broken, please refer to my previous post for very good reasoning there was never a fix that needed to be made.

Simply put:

1) Because the 2nd hit of those heavy attacks comes SO quickly after Quake evades the first hit, the evade Buff is still active and 2nd hit should also be evaded. Its not a problem with quake, its because the 2 hits are pretty much simultaneous. Therefore, her evasion reaction is correct. Spiderman doesnt need 2 seperate evade buffs for this attack, why would quake?

2) These heavy attacks that were changed ARE multiple hits. HOWEVER, the hits in these attacks occur within a single motion and therefore should be evaded by a single motion. This can be illustrated by lookat at other multi hit heavies that arent broken. Each one, she evades the first hit. The second hit is not auto evaded (or any after), nor should be. That is clearly because the 2nd and following hits are part of a different motion (as evidence by the abiltity to use dexterity to avoid any hit after Quakes initial evade). This is obviously a bug with Spiderman and Cable type heavy attacks: If the latter hit(s) werent. MEANT TO BE A PART OF THE INITIALLY EVADED ATTACK, there would be a chance to use dexterity and avoid those latter hit(s).

• Options
    @Kabam Rose Do we have any Official word on this issue?