**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Venom rework for upcoming Venom movie

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
It is confirmed Tom Hardy will play Eddie Brock in the upcoming Venom movie in October. Both Venom and Carnage are long overdue for a rework. I’ll focus in this thread on Venom.

Every 10 seconds, Venom calls from his memory one of five permanent buffs, for a total maximum of five buffs (six with Carnage synergy). While Venom has a lot of potential, the sheer randomness of his beneficial effects are what makes him a below-average champion. The player should have more control of what kind of buffs he should get. I suggest Venom can either recollect offensive or defensive buffs. At the beginning of the fight, Venom starts with defensive buffs. Dashing back and holding for two seconds like Winter Soldier allows him to switch to offence. Special attacks also triggers a switch. This makes room for tactical planning.

Currently, there are two defensive and three offensive buffs. I suggest adding a third defensive buff, Symbiotic Agility, which gives Venom boosted critical hit resistance. This is a fairly new addition the game (only the new IW Iron Man has it) and it would be nice if Venom had it to. Also, the defensive buffs should get a major boost, making them on par with similar defensive buffs of other champions.

With champions like Hyperion capable of stacking up three Fury buffs with ease, the current cap of five permanent buffs is not sufficient for Venom to keep up. I suggest to increase it to six buffs (seven due to Carnage synergy) and lower the rotation time to 8 seconds. This allows Venom to be fully boosted at 48 seconds (today it is 50 seconds). However, due to the capability of switching between offence and defence, I suggest capping the amount of buffs of one category to five. You start the fight with defence, so your first buff will always be defensive but if you switch to offence and get five more, it will automatically switch back to defence and replace one of the buffs randomly. Reversely, if you keep defence and hit five defensive buffs, it will automatically switch to offence and when the new cycle starts back to defence. This way, every cycle begins with defence so you will not be 100% offensive or defensive.

The ace of Venom is his capability to replicate the buffs of his opponent with his Special Attacks. Although I think the current chance (45% for Sp1, 75% for Sp2 and 100% of Sp3) are fine, the amount of buffs are not up-to-date. Back in the day, champions did not have that many buffs active. However, today it is not uncommon for champions to have three or more buffs active. Venom has to progress similarly: one copied buff for Sp1 (the same as now), two copied buffs for Sp2 (+1) and three copied buffs for Sp3 (+1). For Mystic champions, he still keeps his old amount. This should make him more on par.

It is odd Venom can copy buffs from non-organic champions i.e. robots. However, as a Cosmic champion he should be effective against Tech champions. I suggest robots are immune to the Replicate ability, but the symbiote will just dig into its own memory instead and give itself their own buff on top of the current amount of buffs and not counting for the maximum amount of six. However, this is only a temporary buff and will expire after 8 seconds.

To make Venom proficient, he should be able to launch more Special Attacks. So I suggest that when he can successfully replicate his opponents buffs, he activates his Leech ability which drains his opponent power (45%/38%/33% per copied buff) and turns it into a Power Gain buff for a limited amount of time. I do not want to make it as good as Vision, that’s why it is tied to the ability to copy buffs.

In the comics, Spider-Man’s Spider Sense is not triggered with Venom. In the MCOC, Venom should be immune to the effects of Evade. This will give him an edge over Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced) and Ultron. His symbiote physiology should also give him a poison immunity, something that might come in handy in the Contest. Venom is also known for his mild regenerative abilities, an actual Regeneration buff would just be too much. Instead, bleeds should expire 50% faster.

Lastly, Venom can inflict bleed for a 7% chance on all attacks, inflicting 34% of base Attack over 5 seconds. His bleed isn’t that consistent and potent and this makes it practically insignificant. I suggest instead he should bleed only when critically hitting and that this chance should be like 60%, 65% or 70% so it should be fairly consistent. Big but: the bleed damage he deals is not based on base Attack rating but based on the damage dealt by that critical hit (like 15%, 20% or 25%). So this way his bleeds can be quite potent. This also ties nicely with his Bloodlust signature ability active, which increases his Critical Hit Rate by 20% and also his Critical damage (stacks) whenever the opponent bleeds. This way you can build up stacks of bleeds and drain the opponent to death. It makes sense his Sp3 gives a guaranteed bleed (he practically rips the opponent apart), like 120% of your base Attack rating over 12 seconds, giving enough opportunity for Bloodlust to do its work.

With these changes, Venom becomes a champion to be reckoned with and fun to play. It will place him at least in the top category of Cosmic champions along Angela, Hyperion and Medusa.

Comments

• Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    They could probably just release a new Venom, I would think.
  • Options
    Riggs_97Riggs_97 Posts: 111
    This would be an awesome change for Venom. 10/10 approve.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I absolutely love seeing people thinking of ideas for venom for a change
    @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    They could probably just release a new Venom, I would think.
    If it happens to be an entire new kind of Venom. But why create a second Venom when you already have one? It takes considerable amount of time and resources to design it. I think Venom as it is now is perfect, just some tweaks to his abilities.
  • Options
    Thanks for the positive comments so far! It is always nice to see a suggestion to be well-liked.
  • Options
    RyevonRyevon Posts: 17
    Venom is still owned by Sony, so until that changes, we are stuck with a mediocre version.

• Options
    Ryevon wrote: »
    Venom is still owned by Sony, so until that changes, we are stuck with a mediocre version.

Why would that be? We already have a Venom and nothing stops Kabam from reworking it. Maybe movie promotion via an event quest and stuff is a different matter, but Sony would be stupid to block Kabam from doing that.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Kabam should put this guy on the beta test projects because this is a awesome sugestion to fixing venom
  • Options
    charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »
    This is brilliant
    Take notes @Kabam Miike
    I really want this to happen because I have 5* Venom

Me too,If they do this I'm going to be proud of my first 5*,Venom
  • Options
    Whoa Immune to evade?!Damn you're gonna make me cry,I Wish,We all wish
  • Options
    MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    msjz29ntx24w.gif
  • Options
    Kabam should put this guy on the beta test projects because this is a awesome sugestion to fixing venom
    Thanks for the compliment! I don't think Kabam will do that (I'm too low for that).
  • Options
    Whoa Immune to evade?!Damn you're gonna make me cry,I Wish,We all wish
    It is necessary with all these Evade champions (and probably those who are upcoming). It will give Venom a niche. You can still use Dexterity though.
  • Options
    MityAnt wrote: »
    msjz29ntx24w.gif
    Jezus, those eyes scare the hell out of me!
  • Options
    Riggs_97Riggs_97 Posts: 111
    I think the immune to evade is genius. If Venom can bypass Spidy-Sense, which is pretty much the best Evade type there is, then no Evade champ should be able to avoid him. It'd go a long way into turning Venom into the champ that he deserves to be.
  • Options
    Riggs_97 wrote: »
    I think the immune to evade is genius. If Venom can bypass Spidy-Sense, which is pretty much the best Evade type there is, then no Evade champ should be able to avoid him. It'd go a long way into turning Venom into the champ that he deserves to be.
    Sometimes the most genius thing is also the most obvious thing. It is shocking Kabam didn't make him Evade immune from the start. Maybe because it was OP back then? Well with Dexterity (fingers crossed) that shouldn't be the issue.
  • Options
    With champions like Hyperion capable of stacking up three Fury buffs with ease, the current cap of five permanent buffs is not sufficient for Venom to keep up. I suggest to increase it to six buffs (seven due to Carnage synergy) and lower the rotation time to 8 seconds. This allows Venom to be fully boosted at 48 seconds (today it is 50 seconds). However, due to the capability of switching between offence and defence, I suggest capping the amount of buffs of one category to five. You start the fight with defence, so your first buff will always be defensive but if you switch to offence and get five more, it will automatically switch back to defence and replace one of the buffs randomly. Reversely, if you keep defence and hit five defensive buffs, it will automatically switch to offence and when the new cycle starts back to defence. This way, every cycle begins with defence so you will not be 100% offensive or defensive.
    On a second thought, I think five buffs of the same category will be OP. Players will most likely choose offensive and would be able to boost damage output immensely without any drawbacks. I think it should be limited to four, so you will have at least two defensive buffs.

• Options
    @Mr_Otter's idea of persistence charges is very good, but I have a different take on it:
    after the fight, Venom consumes all permanent buffs. Each buff consumed gives a persistence charge that increases the potency of the permanent buffs in the next fight by 1% (so per fight you can increase potency by maximum 6% to 7% (with Carnage synergy)).
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    They will probably just create a new one so as to make money off the players
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    So… Venom but working Like Sabertooth? Can we get regen?

Edit: actually what if he was basically a more mixed sabertooth? Or if we keep your idea he NEEDS regen and more than 1% potency increase…
  • Options
    Ajjohnsbb8Ajjohnsbb8 Posts: 191
    Bahamut wrote: »
    This is brilliant
    Take notes @Kabam Miike
    I really want this to happen because I have 5* Venom
    Me too ;(
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

Carnage also be immune to evade
  • Options
    Marvel2289 wrote: »

Carnage also be immune to evade

Carnage deserves immune to auto block,not evade.Would make these two gods of the game lol
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Venoms genetic memory should make him into a new sw type character. Whenever he inflictes bleed the smell of blood triggers his bloodlust an venom is able trigger an offensive buff (max 5). Once at 5 offensive buffs venom can hold back for 2 second to reach into his genetic memory an reroll the 5 debuffs, only twice per fight this can happen

If venom gets a debuff he is able to shrug off that debuff 75% faster whilst triggering a defensive buff from his genetic memory (max 5).

Another way to go with like be to give him persistent charges allowing him to start the fight with buffs from the previous fight
  • Options
    IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    edited June 2018
    They releasing a movie version of venom you cant deny it lol
  • Options
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    They will probably just create a new one so as to make money off the players
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    They releasing a movie version of venom you cant deny it lol
    The cynic in me agrees with you, the critical thinker in me wonders on what basis they would do that and the optimist in me believes they will rework Venom and Carnage.

• Options
    IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    edited June 2018
    Someone posted upcoming events happening this yr and next yr so far they been correct.

Reason to release another venom is money obviously lol
  • Options
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    So… Venom but working Like Sabertooth? Can we get regen?

Edit: actually what if he was basically a more mixed sabertooth? Or if we keep your idea he NEEDS regen and more than 1% potency increase…
    Sabretooth keeps his Fury buffs as passives. If Venom could do that, it would totally break the game. And don't underestimate the boost. 1% per permanent buff can have some serious impact. You only need 48 seconds to acquire six or seven buffs, after three fights you would have +18% till +21% buff proficiency. I've a 3* rank 3 level 1 Venom and he has a base Attack rating of 268. His Fury adds 222.47 to that, +18% would be an extra 40.04 Attack rating. That's 530.51 base Attack rating in total, roughly the same as my 3* rank 4 level 40 Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced) (536 base Attack rating). Imagine if you had two of those! You would have 793.02 base Attack rating! I think that is large enough as it is.

No Regen, he has enough buffs. As I suggested, he should recover faster from bleed debuffs (and maybe other debuffs besides incinerate, which should increase as fire is his weakness).