**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

GDPR Form - Clarification

Kabam has done very little to explain this form to the community, and i see that people are still unsure of what this is.
I will try to explain it to the best of my ability.

READ THE WHOLE POST! DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING OUT OF CONTEXT!

Why was it implemented?
Companies got into trouble when they used the data it collected from its customers to send out marketing email(s). They could not prove that the customers gave consent to receiving these, and got into trouble.

What kabam collects:
Online identifiers such as device ID.
When you visit a website, app, etc. you leave a digital footprint. This footprint becomes associated with your IP address (unique identifier. Every device has a different IP address.) This data is then used to create profiles of persons in order to identify them.

DON'T WORRY!
It's not as bad as it sounds. Consider this.
Ever been to a website that asks you for permission to store cookies? That's basically what kabam is doing.
They are not doing anything that overly invades your privacy.

This can be proven by the fact that, if you go to settings, and navigate to app premissions, kabam does not request any permissions. This means that they will NOT have access to your camera, microphone, files, etc.
If you worry about them making calls, messaging for you, or stealing your credit card details, worry NOT.

Because they are a large company, they must comply with the data protection act. They are bound (by law) to protect any data they collect.

Oh, and if you were wondering about this:

The location data that they collect has to be anonymous. I guess they want to know how many players there are in which country for marketing purposes? I.e. if 35% of people play mcoc in the us, and 15% of people play in the uk, kabam will advertise more in the uk, as spreading by word of mouth is going to be less effective in the uk.
Also the data collected has to comply with the DATA PROTECTION act.
If you want to read more about it, go to https://www.gov.uk/data-protection

Basically, they are not collecting any more of your information than other legitimate sites do. The data they do collect is for marketing purposes, and they are bound (by law) to keep it safe.

Hope this helped!

P.s. feel free to subscribe to my youtube channel. Any support is greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    edited June 2018
    I’ve seen several posts about this. I can’t find it. I don’t know if I’ve agreed to it. Where is this form? How do I know if I’ve consented?

Edit: Nevermind. This is only for EU users. I would still like to read it though as it would shed some light on what information they’re getting.
  • Options
    Aleks112358Aleks112358 Posts: 51
    Purveyor wrote: »
    I’ve seen several posts about this. I can’t find it. I don’t know if I’ve agreed to it. Where is this form? How do I know if I’ve consented?

Edit: Nevermind. This is only for EU users. I would still like to read it though as it would shed some light on what information they’re getting.

• Options
    Aleks112358Aleks112358 Posts: 51
    Sorry, having trouble uploading images. Hope this comes through.waxm60ogw4oj.png