**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Blade parry vs Masochism

Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
edited June 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Playing through Monthly Event Quest, Uncollected difficulty, Map 2.2. Samsung Galaxy S9+, latest software.

Using a 5* Unduped Blade vs Hulk (was happening against other nodes with Masochism as well, but Hulk is where I discovered it).

At the beginning of the fight, I will parry the opening Hulk attack. It triggers Masochism (as it should), but I am noticing that it blocks BOTH debuffs (stun & bleed) and will display "Immune". I know Hulk is not bleed immune because I will bleed him later in the fight. I also know he is not stun-immune because it is not one of the node buffs. Blade's bleed is not dependent on the stun, nor is it dependent on the Parry mastery, but rather triggers on any "well-timed block".

This can be repeated multiple times during the fight.

Only one buff should be blocked, not both.

Comments

• Options
    VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    This is something I have noticed as well. One of the debuffs should stick but both get shrugged off.

@Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    I think it's correct, if more than one debuff is applied on same time they should be removed
  • Options
    2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    Well the stun and bleed debuffs are placed at the same time, no way the system has to use Rng to determine the debuffs that stays. I think it's working as intended.
  • Options
    mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Look on the bright side, they fixed rage to make it harder for us!
  • Options
    Shadowfire83Shadowfire83 Posts: 1
    I have used OG Thor on Masochism nodes before and the armor break is removed but the stun stays
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Has always happened with voodoo as well. 1 loa converted, or 10... all the poison charges are removed instead of just one. Doesn’t help us, so it’s working as intended I’m sure,
  • Options
    VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Has always happened with voodoo as well. 1 loa converted, or 10... all the poison charges are removed instead of just one. Doesn’t help us, so it’s working as intended I’m sure,

The LOA’s are different that they are all one debuff. A parry stun and a bleed are two separate debuffs.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

This will always be the case. It is intentional as long as we suffer.
  • Options
    EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    This is always how masochism has worked for me (I just became uncollected though so I haven't dealt with it long).

The same happens when you use voodoo and try to convert buffs into poison, if they all are converted at once then they all are negated.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    VTA92 wrote: »

The LOA’s are different that they are all one debuff. A parry stun and a bleed are two separate debuffs.

Actually the Loas are each separate. As confirmed when fighting anyone who shrugs they all act as different Spirit Venom when converted
    I have used OG Thor on Masochism nodes before and the armor break is removed but the stun stays

I was going to add this but also want to expand by saying due to the armor break being applied immediately after the stun and not the parry/block itself it might be tricking the system as they are technically applied independently compared to a single action causing 2 abilities to trigger simultaneously
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

I was going to add this but also want to expand by saying due to the armor break being applied immediately after the stun and not the parry/block itself it might be tricking the system as they are technically applied independently compared to a single action causing 2 abilities to trigger simultaneously

From in game description, a well timed block causes bleed. the well timed block also causes parry.

So Block --> Stun and bleed

while it's thor's STUN that gives the armor break.

So block --> stun --> armor break