**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is Modok attacking mid combo???

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
Why is Modok attacking mid combo and autoblocking mid special???
I was fighting Modok on uncollected and was trying a 5 hit combo and after my 3rd hit he acts like nothing happened and attacks me instead! Needless to say you can't block in time which means game over!
Then I throw a special and he gets hit with the 1st hit and autoblocks the rest! Seriously???

Is this **** working as intended? Because that is some serious BS kabam!

Comments

• Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    The more annoying part is that we cant do the same in game. Very unfair. Very unacceptable.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Modok is not a normal champion. He was dropped during his character development and now he takes revenge by auto blocking half your hits and calls you names while he does it.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    If he has a blue shield icon, he will autoblock the 3rd hit in any regular combo or multi-hit special attack. The only way around it is to do a heavy attack to remove it, then you can attack him like normal.

If you don't want to use a heavy, then you have to limit your attacks to 2-hit combos.
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    It happens because MODOK has a Forcefield that you have to strategically fight around. If you see the bright red Forcefield stop attacking and try for a parry. He also has a little blue icon to indicate when his shield is ready; don’t use a SP1 or SP2 when it’s active because, if it can be, the special will be punished post block. Characters with fast specials like Starlord fair well in that regard. A Special 3 cannot be blocked so the Forcefield has no effect. Besides that, there are a few silver bullets to kill MODOK with like Elektra, Crossbones, Taskmaster, Black Widow, Karnak, Killmonger, Falcon, Archangel, and Magneto.

I know how to fight him. Problem is when he does something that he's not supposed to do like attacking you mid your combo and autoblocking mid your special. Noone is supposed to that.