**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Matchmaking

Matchmaking for wars is broken, unbalanced and beginning to become a hassle...
I'm a member of an active alliance, we're a bunch of casual players but we're dedicated to MCOC and regularly play AW and AQ. We aren't the strongest but we're growing and enjoy the game, we take pride in trying our best and strategize to try and win as much as possible.
Lately however we've been having the worst luck, we've dropped a tier after our last war, but not letting that keep us down we go into a our current matchup with a new inspiration to win and move back up to our former tier.
But, we're greeted with a slap in the face
999igz6lfedb.png
These guys are stacked, all level 60, many with multiple dupped 5 star champs and so on. Here's modest alliance...
z1fbyd4m6pow.png
I'm not one to complain and really enjoy the game, with all the updates and appreciate everything Kabam puts forth but my buds and myself felt really burned by this and wonder how could this happen? How is this a fair war matchup?

Comments

• NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    Matchmaking is done by war rating. Working as Intended. Sorry.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,760 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Is there a bracket system for AW?

It would be better to combine both War rating and Alliance rating and place in brackets.
    Could this minimise mismatch?

I encountered an alliance recently which had similar war rating but only two thirds of Alliance rating I am in. On looking at the champs they had, many are in high tiers. Looked like an alliance in which members sell champs to obtain better ones. I guess, this may not be the normal alliance.

• HollowbornHollowborn Posts: 345

Noobeeus wrote: »

That's brutal then, war rating aside that matchup is lopsided as hell.
    Hollowborn wrote: »

Yes the system is not perfect. Some strong alliances move to a shell alliance to get easy Alliance Wars, then when its all too hard they move back to their original one and do it all again.
    So they're manipulating the system to gain easy wars and easy rewards?
    @Hollowborn yes, but they must sacrifice a week of AQ rewards each time they do this
    @Hollowborn yes, but they must sacrifice a week of AQ rewards each time they do this

I see.
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Ahhh, how I love it when my alliance gets matched with another alliance which is twice as strong as mine and everyone in mine gets wrecked by them, I absolutely love this, Kabam did a fine job!

[sarcasm]
  • AlrulzAlrulz Posts: 46
    Yes, they get easy wars. But the rewards are less at lower tiers. So I'm not sure if there's a real benefit to swapping.
    Alrulz wrote: »
    Yes, they get easy wars. But the rewards are less at lower tiers. So I'm not sure if there's a real benefit to swapping.

Not using items is why.

Rewards are less but not using heaps of units worth of revives and heals makes it worth it.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    If you make it based on alliance rating plus all I have to do is sell my 1,2,and 3 stars which aren't useful and we are back to a bad matchup.
  • BmoreWilsonBmoreWilson Posts: 48
    Hollowborn wrote: »

It's almost not even worth it. Plus all ppl use are mordo and night crawler everywhere. This game shouldn't even of put out more champs. What's the use if nobody uses them. And war has broken forever. Kabam only caters to the fat cows who spend their mortgage on this game. If their happy, Kabam's happy.