**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Reduce the number of mastery points needed to unlock willpower.

LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
I still have one point in willpower. Have thought of dropping it entirely. But since willpower was nerfed and is no longer a game changing mastery, wouldn't it make sense to eliminate or at least reduce the number of defensive points needed to unlock it?

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Nope. It limits how much you can beef up offense with suicides by requiring points in defense to take advantage, balance.
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Nope. It limits how much you can beef up offense with suicides by requiring points in defense to take advantage, balance.

I've been running minimal points in defense since the nerf, and sometimes none at all. Seeing this post initially I thought it would be an interesting idea, and if probably shift points back over, because why not. Then read your comment and totally agree. I think things are pretty balanced. You can't have a fully spec'd offense tree with a fully spec'd defense tree and all your utilities.
    Not a bad post though OP. A lot better than most I see on here. Lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Maybe so. Just doesn't feel like willpower has a big enough impact to justify requiring that many points in defense. I may just drop it.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    edited June 2017
    I agree that balance is necessary but with WP having been nerfed multiple times and overall drastically, it makes sense to reduce SOME of the defensive points required to unlock it. It is no longer a game changer and hence shouldn't be so costly.

For example, most have a difficult time figuring out where to put the last two masteries to unlock WP. Do you Max Salve (which is useless for most players) or maybe two more points in Perfect Block (for the most part useless too). Why not remove those two required points to unlock WP--the game would still be balanced and it would reflect the true value of the once god-tiered mastery.