**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which 5 star to r4.

Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
As the title says, I need help in deciding which of my current champs to be taken to r4. I'll post my roster, kindly help me out with valid reasons. I have 1 5 star r4 GR unduped. I have only 5 t2a remaining. So I can only r4 1 more champ and after that a long wait. So kindly consider t2a being rare for me. Also I have 1 cosmic awakening gem 5 star with me. Will appreciate the comments.qstt07wytk6w.jpg
7c8nwhddut8s.jpg

Which 5 star to r4. 50 votes

LC to r4
66%
ArcDeAngelusDL864Alfa_PigeonLoPrestiHULK_BREAKMrJeansNNTheManMythLegendPoolExotigamusHollowbornSac123_RapidlyDERPYREVENGERnameplasLeandroW10Gagan93ZzzAshburnEthans8279Darth_Stewie 33 votes
Angela to r4
8%
TeddersD_Ace_71axelelf_1Fhfjghhggggjfhfjg 4 votes
Voodoo to r4
4%
ucipWinner66615 2 votes
Any other champ to r4 (kindly mention)
2%
Alejandrosan13 1 vote
Wait for better champs
20%
buffajrJets44AzKicker316SpeedbumpkhehmistVuDahshchong2AngelicsignChampioncriticMaldroit2 10 votes

Comments

• Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    LC to r4
    He has some pretty interesting uses and can be quite sustainable due to the indestructible buff.
  • AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    Wait for better champs
    Looks like you have hesitation r4 your LC, and if I am you, I will just wait, unless your t2a overflow... then no doubt, you should go for LC...
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Looks like you have hesitation r4 your LC, and if I am you, I will just wait, unless your t2a overflow... then no doubt, you should go for LC...

That is what, I mean LC is great no doubt. I just duped him before posting this thread here. And i pulled a 6 star GG today. Also I finished 1 year of mcoc today. T2a is really hard to come by for me.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Wait for better champs
    Although LC, DV and few others deserve R4, but since DV is undupped let's put him aside, LC is very good but like you said T2a is hard to come by, you should wait for Blade, Gulk, AA, Iceman, Hyperion, Void, etc. I waited for awhile till I popped a 5* Blade which I R4'ed right away, and while I can R4 another 5* like my Angela, I choose to wait, no harm waiting a little more as I'm not in urgent need of another 5* R4 to clear contents.
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Although LC, DV and few others deserve R4, but since DV is undupped let's put him aside, LC is very good but like you said T2a is hard to come by, you should wait for Blade, Gulk, AA, Iceman, Hyperion, Void, etc. I waited for awhile till I popped a 5* Blade which I R4'ed right away, and while I can R4 another 5* like my Angela, I choose to wait, no harm waiting a little more as I'm not in urgent need of another 5* R4 to clear contents.

So what would you think the waiting period be? Right now I have 5 and half t2a so wait till 8 t2a? If I get better champ till then, then that champ goes to r4 or else LC r4? Hopefully if I dupe voodoo then he's also r4 candidate. But do you think 2 mystics as r4 (GR already r4) is a good idea? Really appreciate.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    LC to r4
    r4 LC. He will help you clear more hard content and will get you more rewards in the end. He's great especially cause he's duped. You can stunlock with SP1 and then just tank an SP3 without taking damage.
    Wait for better champs
    Anurag1606 wrote: »

So what would you think the waiting period be? Right now I have 5 and half t2a so wait till 8 t2a? If I get better champ till then, then that champ goes to r4 or else LC r4? Hopefully if I dupe voodoo then he's also r4 candidate. But do you think 2 mystics as r4 (GR already r4) is a good idea? Really appreciate.

@Anurag1606, it really depends on what's your need.

For example, are you already done with your Uncollected, as well as Act 5? If so, then quest may no longer be your concern to get certain 5* R4 to clear story mode.

Are you having trouble to clear the month uncollected mode chapters? Do you think getting one of the above-mentioned 5* to R4 will significantly help you? For my personal experience, spending my precious T2a to immediately R4 my undupped 5* Blade SIGNIFICANTLY change my fights. It is indeed a game changing experience, when bringing along side with my Starky and GR. Nowadays he simply cut thru any Villians and Mystic champs (such as Mephisto, Dormammu, Morningstar, Magik, etc) like swiss cheese, even as AQ/AW mini-boss or boss.

Are you planning to clear ROL or LOL? If so, maybe you may want to focus on R4 champs that can be extremely powerful at long fights, for example: Hela, Proxima Midnight, good old Star-Lord, etc .....

To me, even if my T2a is full at 12/12 it is NOT a concern, however if T2a is overflowing BEYOND 12, e.g. 15/12 and is expiring then it IS A CONCERN, since letting T2a to expire is pretty silly.

I don't mind having more Mystic at R4 than other classes, or having more skill/tech/mutant/cosmic/science, it is OKAY as long as I have sufficient T4cc of that class.

For now I have my own priority to R4 as 5*, but it is just me:
    + Mutant priority = Iceman, Archangel, X23,
    + Skill priority = Blade, GP, Killmonger, Sabertooth, Rogue
    + Science priority = Rulk, Void, Hulk, Cap IW, Quake
    + Mystic priority = Magik, GR, DV, Mephisto, Dormammu
    + Cosmic priority = Hyperion, Medusa, Hela, Proxima Midnight, Hela, Corvus Glaive, Angela
    + Tech priority = Starky, Ultron, Vision, Star Lord, Iron Man IW, GG

Diff ppl have diff priority. I saw ppl actually even R4 their 5* Winter Soldier, or 5* Sentinel, or 5* Juggernaut, bcos they decided NOT to wait, and again these are not bad decision. These champs at 5* are still awesome, just may not be game changers for ROL or LOL.

Personally, I will wait even if my T2a are close to full at 12/12, as long as they don't expire, till I get those top 5* champs I listed, before I proceed to R4 them. I don't want to moan for rank down tickets or etc, or regret for investing my precious T2a on someone I find out less useful than I anticipate.

All in all, it is your choice that you have to live with. Follow your reasoning and logics,if you feel a sudden urge, take a break from the game, come back when you cool down. Follow your head, not your insulin rush. I'm sure you'll make a right decision. Good luck and cheers!

@Anurag1606, it really depends on what's your need.

For example, are you already done with your Uncollected, as well as Act 5? If so, then quest may no longer be your concern to get certain 5* R4 to clear story mode.

Are you having trouble to clear the month uncollected mode chapters? Do you think getting one of the above-mentioned 5* to R4 will significantly help you? For my personal experience, spending my precious T2a to immediately R4 my undupped 5* Blade SIGNIFICANTLY change my fights. It is indeed a game changing experience, when bringing along side with my Starky and GR. Nowadays he simply cut thru any Villians and Mystic champs (such as Mephisto, Dormammu, Morningstar, Magik, etc) like swiss cheese, even as AQ/AW mini-boss or boss.

Are you planning to clear ROL or LOL? If so, maybe you may want to focus on R4 champs that can be extremely powerful at long fights, for example: Hela, Proxima Midnight, good old Star-Lord, etc .....

To me, even if my T2a is full at 12/12 it is NOT a concern, however if T2a is overflowing BEYOND 12, e.g. 15/12 and is expiring then it IS A CONCERN, since letting T2a to expire is pretty silly.

I don't mind having more Mystic at R4 than other classes, or having more skill/tech/mutant/cosmic/science, it is OKAY as long as I have sufficient T4cc of that class.

For now I have my own priority to R4 as 5*, but it is just me:
    + Mutant priority = Iceman, Archangel, X23,
    + Skill priority = Blade, GP, Killmonger, Sabertooth, Rogue
    + Science priority = Rulk, Void, Hulk, Cap IW, Quake
    + Mystic priority = Magik, GR, DV, Mephisto, Dormammu
    + Cosmic priority = Hyperion, Medusa, Hela, Proxima Midnight, Hela, Corvus Glaive, Angela
    + Tech priority = Starky, Ultron, Vision, Star Lord, Iron Man IW, GG

Diff ppl have diff priority. I saw ppl actually even R4 their 5* Winter Soldier, or 5* Sentinel, or 5* Juggernaut, bcos they decided NOT to wait, and again these are not bad decision. These champs at 5* are still awesome, just may not be game changers for ROL or LOL.

Personally, I will wait even if my T2a are close to full at 12/12, as long as they don't expire, till I get those top 5* champs I listed, before I proceed to R4 them. I don't want to moan for rank down tickets or etc, or regret for investing my precious T2a on someone I find out less useful than I anticipate.

All in all, it is your choice that you have to live with. Follow your reasoning and logics,if you feel a sudden urge, take a break from the game, come back when you cool down. Follow your head, not your insulin rush. I'm sure you'll make a right decision. Good luck and cheers!

Thankyou for a comprehensive help. I have finished collector. I could explore uncollected since sentinel and bishop month. I haven't yet finished act 5 though. Don't get enough time for it. Just today I finished exploring uncollected. Also pulled a 6 star GG. Last month I could grab a 5 star cosmic awakening gem through infinity dust store. I would like to do 5.3 and 5.4 if time permits. I'm really inclined to r4 LC as he got duped but then I won't be able to r4 any other for long time. Seeing my cosmic gem I feel if one day I pull a Hyperion or Medusa I would need those t2a. Well as you said, I'll try to play him more and see if he's good enough to go for r4. At the moment my questing team consists of 5 star r4 GR, 4 star Max blade and sparky, 4 star Max AA, 4 star Max ice man and Hyperion. 5 out of these 6 guys as per needed. Thankyou once again.
    Wait for better champs
    Thankyou for a comprehensive help. I have finished collector. I could explore uncollected since sentinel and bishop month. I haven't yet finished act 5 though. Don't get enough time for it. Just today I finished exploring uncollected. Also pulled a 6 star GG. Last month I could grab a 5 star cosmic awakening gem through infinity dust store. I would like to do 5.3 and 5.4 if time permits. I'm really inclined to r4 LC as he got duped but then I won't be able to r4 any other for long time. Seeing my cosmic gem I feel if one day I pull a Hyperion or Medusa I would need those t2a. Well as you said, I'll try to play him more and see if he's good enough to go for r4. At the moment my questing team consists of 5 star r4 GR, 4 star Max blade and sparky, 4 star Max AA, 4 star Max ice man and Hyperion. 5 out of these 6 guys as per needed. Thankyou once again.

No problem @Anurag1606, hard to tell the luck of crystal opening. Sometimes, when you get lucky, top tier champs just keep popping up, LOL.

Once again, I like LC, especially after dupped, and he is awesome after buff, like Red Hulk. However, a friend of mine spent his Science T4cc and T2a to R4 his LC, only to pull a 5* Hulk Ragnarok and not having enough catalyst to rank his new Rulk up.

I have a hulk 4* at R5/50 and also a hulk 5* at R3. I'm saving my 6 Science T4cc and T2a and not going to rush to R4 my hulk bcos his raw damage is not going to take me extra miles. Again, hulk is awesome, but he is awesome enough at R3 for now.

Similarly, I have a 5* Angela at R3, but I would rather spent some of my cosmic T4cc to R5 my 4* Medusa bcos I need her to break armor, esp against sentinels. However, incidentally I also have 6 cosmic T4cc in my inventory that I'm saving for some other top cosmic champs. Don't get me wrong, Angela is great even undupped, I like her, but other cosmic champs can offer me what I need better.

Am I tempted to R4 my 5* hulk? of course ....
    Am I tempted to R4 my 5* angela? of course ...
    Am I tempted to R4 my 5* dupped Doc Oc? of course ...
    Am I tempted to R4 my 5* Rogue? of course ...
    Am I tempted to R4 my 5* Nebula? of course ...
    Am I tempted to R4 my 5* Guillotine? of course ...

But I'll make them wait a little longer ... LOL

No problem @Anurag1606, hard to tell the luck of crystal opening. Sometimes, when you get lucky, top tier champs just keep popping up, LOL.

Once again, I like LC, especially after dupped, and he is awesome after buff, like Red Hulk. However, a friend of mine spent his Science T4cc and T2a to R4 his LC, only to pull a 5* Hulk Ragnarok and not having enough catalyst to rank his new Rulk up.

I have a hulk 4* at R5/50 and also a hulk 5* at R3. I'm saving my 6 Science T4cc and T2a and not going to rush to R4 my hulk bcos his raw damage is not going to take me extra miles. Again, hulk is awesome, but he is awesome enough at R3 for now.

Similarly, I have a 5* Angela at R3, but I would rather spent some of my cosmic T4cc to R5 my 4* Medusa bcos I need her to break armor, esp against sentinels. However, incidentally I also have 6 cosmic T4cc in my inventory that I'm saving for some other top cosmic champs. Don't get me wrong, Angela is great even undupped, I like her, but other cosmic champs can offer me what I need better.

Am I tempted to R4 my 5* hulk? of course ....
    Am I tempted to R4 my 5* angela? of course ...
    Am I tempted to R4 my 5* dupped Doc Oc? of course ...
    Am I tempted to R4 my 5* Rogue? of course ...
    Am I tempted to R4 my 5* Nebula? of course ...
    Am I tempted to R4 my 5* Guillotine? of course ...

But I'll make them wait a little longer ... LOL

Nice perspective and iteration of your story. I can relate to your situation. Among cosmics, I have exact same situation as yours. 5 star Angela r3 and 4 star r4 duped Medusa. Plus I have a 5 star awakening gem. I'm thinking of waiting on both Medusa and Angela to upgrade in a hope of getting a 5 star Medusa or Hyperion and use that gem and r4ing them. I'll wait to r4 a champ till I have at least 8 t2a. Since I'm able to explore uncollected monthly event, I think I can wait. At this speed I think in about 4 months I should have 8 t2a lol. I'm not interested in LOL at the moment as I am not getting time for even act 5 post collector. Monthly uncollected, free arenas here and there, war and aq is my only area of play. Although these are my plans but in the heat of moment you never know, one may take hasty decisions and hence this thread. Thankyou everyone who have given me insights regarding the upgrades. Really appreciate the community brotherhood.