**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena “Death Matches” and the devaluing of Spider Gwen

I’m an arena grinder. It’s how I’ve always stayed at top in any alliance I’ve been in. With the addition of the 5* arena I was stoked for the amount of shards I was getting. I was able to hit all milestones for the first 2 months and was bring in over 5k a week in 5* shards. Then the “Death Matches” started to show up.

I gave up on using my entire roster and just used champs that were 4/40 or equivalent and above and can still hit the 7.5 million mark but that’s about it. But I was okay with that. Decided I would slowly invest in my better 4* and 5* champs and bring them up to a place where I could use them in the higher arena. At least I could still grind out the featured 4* with the entire roster.

Well this last week I experienced Death Matches in the 4* and Sunday crystal arenas. @Kabam Miike I know you’ve addressed this issue and have said in the past that the algorithm used for keeping the infinite streak hasn’t changed. But maybe it needs to.

If this does not revert back to a way where you can keep your streak alive in multiple arenas throughout the 3 days, what you are doing i feel is completely devaluing any champ that we all believe to be less than stellar. When I opened my recent 5* superior iron man, was I thrilled that this was my new champ? Not at all. Was I extatic to see that it was at least a champ I didn’t have? Absolutely! Super Tony Stark just gave me more free time. Now the value we arena grinders see in this sub par champ you are taking away. You are reinforcing the idea to the entire community that you’ve created worthless champs in this game unless the player themselves want to make them valuable by investing resources in them. Yesterday I was defending your free 2* ant man to my alliance and the value in arena points now you are making me defend the idea that ranking up a 5* she-hulk is a good investment and I cannnot.

I think it would be wise to either look at the idea of getting the “Death Matches “ out of the 4* featured as well as the catalyst and Sunday arenas (I can understand why they are ther in the 5*). If not, then I would suggest buffing these champs the community calls arena fodder. For what true value do they serve in this game?

Comments

• ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    edited July 2018
    You know I am not surprised this is happening. Before we had rank 5s we would get death matches for 2/20s, possibly sneaking in high PI 2/20s in the infinite streak.

Now the meta has shifted up and the 3/30s, the new "2/20s" are starting to get death matches but you can sneak in high PI 3/30s. Eventually you won't be able to at all. 4/40s are the new "3/30s"

EDIT: it sucks, but it can't always be easy.
  • SomthngClevrSomthngClevr Posts: 20
    Agree it shouldn’t be easy. However, it takes no time at all to get t3b and hasn’t for 2 years.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    They just released a unit buy that gave you a 5* crystal, another 5* crystal to come soon, and a crystal buy with units that gave you a 5* and you could buy it 3 times. Along with all of the 4*s that came with that and it giving people the ability to do more content to get even more stuff, there's just too much going on in arena to keep a streak with 3/30s and eventually the 4/40s will even be pushed out. Also, Spidergwen is awful and doesn't need to be fixed just sell her.