**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Regarding overheating and lag issues on iOS and Android devices

2»

Comments

• SligSlig Posts: 343 ★★
    People should read the thread in the bug section with a million posts before starting new ones. Airplane mode has been recommended many times - works for some, not for others.
  • rockstar323rockstar323 Posts: 57
    My iPhone 7+ (128gb w/ current non-beta iOS) would warm up, all apps would freeze, and I’d have to do a hard reset after about 15 mins.

I noticed my old iPad didn’t have any of these issues, then I tried something on my phone and it didn’t overheat.

AIRPLANE MODE with WiFi activated

My ancient iPad is WiFi only, so no cellular to worry about.

I honestly think the “cellular” turned on affects it for some reason. Airplane mode with only wifi worked perfectly for me. Plus on iPhone you can still receive iMessages on WiFi. Please try it out and let me know if this works for you, because it worked for me. I normally play for about 15-20 minutes and my apps freeze. On airplane mode, I played for over 45 mins and it never froze, warmed up, or killed my battery.

Good luck fellow summoners!

I've been thinking the issue has been something to do with the modems. Apple started sourcing 2 separate modems, Qualcom, and Intel, starting with the 7.

What model do you have?

Here's how to find it: General settings > About > Legal > Regulatory. It will be at the top, A1661 is the Qualcom and A1784 is the Intel.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    i actually stopped playing the arenas because of this. My battery would only last an hour so I said forget it. You guys should try it too..you'll enjoy life more :-)