**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Dups

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    You're trying to throw my own words back in my face, and not at all trying to be helpful. Spin it how you like, people can see that.
    The problem is that's not the topic I'm discussing, so the more you press it, the more obtuse it gets. It was removed once. Posting it again just shows you're just hating. Find another hobby.
    edited July 2018
    Seriously. If you're not going to add anything constructive to the discussion, don't enage with me. I've had enough of this little exercise. The Thread is not about RNG just because I mentioned it. I am concerned about the increasing difficulty in obtaining 5* Dups, considering it takes significant effort and time to amass them, and that more and more will be added to the Crystal. I asked how people feel about a Class Crystal as well. If you would like to register on that, by all means. Otherwise, I can see you grasping at the first chance to dog on an issue that I personally have, because you took one comment out of it, missed the forest for the trees, and jumped at the chance to make me look like some kind of hypocrite. Which I am done with.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited July 2018
    What is your roster? Lol my case is that of all my 5* even though I have some amazing champs, but my dupes aren't really good except for maybe two or three.

Classic Spidey, Hawkeye, Mordo, AV (the first 4 aren't really bad, but the dupes don't add that much maybe except for Spidey who is just a defender tbh)...
    then I have dupes of: IF, Gambit, Hulkbuster, Groot and Colossus. I mean, I have a full team of meme tier duped 5* champs... lol, I just duped Groot a week ago. I'll rather have no dupes at all than duping these guys. they're total trash. no one worthy of sig stones. also idk if Kabam feels it's a good idea to implement class crystals. If they do, it may cost a lot of money lol. I think you just gotta wait. you'll eventually dupe someone.
    edited July 2018
    I'm at 19 now, no Dups. Doesn't matter who I Dup actually. I'm not really concerned with going for the Top Tier. Don't get me wrong, the more useful the better. Lol. Just the ability to Dup in general that concerns me.

Quake, Mephisto, Phoenix, AV, LC, Mags, Blue Clops, OG Spidey, HE, OG BP, Rhino, Gams, VP, Beast, Miles, Sym, MK, Juggs, and CM.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    OP has a point.

As the 5* pool expands, odds of pulling a good champ then duping it decrease. It's RNG y'all.

Not getting a duped starlord, magik, AA etc is the price regular folk pay for playing low tier content or not spending like a madman on crystals.

Given the players most disadvantaged by this system are probably not playing high end content anyway the universe probably balances out in the end.

I duped WS with 11 in the roster, would I rather it was starlord? sure, and while it was better than duping groot, with such a small 5* roster I would almost prefer more junk champs to make the T4B arena run quicker. :smiley:
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited July 2018
    I'm at 19 now, no Dups. Doesn't matter who I Dup actually. I'm not really concerned with going for the Top Tier. Don't get me wrong, the more useful the better. Lol. Just the ability to Dup in general that concerns me.

Quake, Mephisto, Phoenix, AV, LC, Mags, Blue Clops, OG Spidey, HE, OG BP, Rhino, Gams, VP, Beast, Miles, Sym, MK, Juggs, and CM.

Not a bad roster! just gotta wait for the dupes (I got my first dupe when i had 14 5* btw). it's getting way too hard but you'll get there.

If you never dupe someone I think you should seriously consider in 100%ing Act 5 like I am planning to do, lol. I agree on the RNG is kinda BS for some but what can ya do though...
    edited July 2018
    Alpha07 wrote: »

Not a bad roster! just gotta wait for the dupes (I got my first dupe when i had 14 5* btw). it's getting way too hard but you'll get there.

If you never dupe someone I think you should seriously consider in 100%ing Act 5 like I am planning to do, lol.

Thanks. Yeah I'm chipping away. Was always more of a Grinder, now I'm playing catchup lol. I'm on Act 5, just plugging away when I have the patience. Lol. Between Grinding, work, EQ, etc., it's slow.
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    Am I the only one? Can't pull one at all. Just opened another Crystal, MK. I don't care who it is, but it's becoming infuriating to keep opening them, which take somewhat longer to accumulate, and never land a Dup. I literally have hundreds of Sig Stones I can't use. Now, I know logic dictates that I'll open one eventually. However, there has to be an easier way. What do you all think about 5* Class Crystals? That would somewhat increase the odds. It would also allow us to fill a Roster of each Class. Just throwing out ideas because I almost threw out my tablet. Lol. Seriously. RNGesus hates me.

yea i only got 28 out of my 57 5* duped and bu far no crystal opening whale, youll get em @groundedwisdom
    ps the reason we havent seen pick you class or generic ag for sale is the people whove done lol and act 5 threw a fir when kabam was considering it before christmas 2017. i personally hVe done both those 100% and think they should sell em but the average cost to finish lol is aroun 15k units so expect a 5* generic to cost about that on offer when it comes. freaking way way too much
    oh and i almost forgot i spoke to the crystal duping gods expect several dupes over the next month!!!!!!
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Is a dup similar to dub step?
    Maidril wrote: »
    Is a dup similar to dub step?

Wait for it...wait for it.....DROP THE BEAT!
    Run477 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say the problem is RNG in general. I get that it has a purpose. I just suggested the Class Crystals because it would be a way to increase odds while still leaving it to RNG. As more Champs are added, it will become harder. Not to mention it's important to have each Class of Champ. In any event, I'll get them eventually. I just wanted to put it out there.

A. I’m not sure you know what RNG means.

B. Pretty sure when people complained about the only crystal available that would improve odds of getting a champ you wanted was severely nerfed, you wholeheartedly defended that decision. It’s a little late to be complaining about how hard it is to dupe 5* champs at this point.

The Crystal had a higher Drop Rate than any other in the game. So, yes. I saw that as fair. That's not the topic of the Thread. Recalling any Thread RNG-related that I commented on doesn't make it the same. It just makes people haters.

I love how when people point out that you had the chance to make these points or agree with others making these points, all you did was defend kabam without any thought. Now a year later you see the problem and take offense when people point it out. Good luck getting any champ worth an r4 now...and then getting the champ a second time...
    Still off-topic, there bud. I'm talking about getting ANY Dup. Not a Crystal that had an approximate 20% Drop Rate for the newest and best Champs. I still support that one. We're not talking about "God vs. Garbage". We're talking about the ability to Dup them in general.
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Seriously. If you're not going to add anything constructive to the discussion, don't enage with me. I've had enough of this little exercise. The Thread is not about RNG just because I mentioned it. I am concerned about the increasing difficulty in obtaining 5* Dups, considering it takes significant effort and time to amass them, and that more and more will be added to the Crystal. I asked how people feel about a Class Crystal as well. If you would like to register on that, by all means. Otherwise, I can see you grasping at the first chance to dog on an issue that I personally have, because you took one comment out of it, missed the forest for the trees, and jumped at the chance to make me look like some kind of hypocrite. Which I am done with.

You complained about RNGesus not giving you the champs you want (dupes) but then you say the post somehow isn't you complaining about RNG and not getting the champs you want?
    And then you get all sooky when the inevitable happens, and your hypocrisy is thrown right back at you?
    You, sir, are magnificent. I literally LOL'd at your hubris.

Yes. The mention of RNG doesn't mean the Thread is about RNG itself. Not a hard concept to grasp when you're not looking for ways to hate on me.
    You're doing the same thing you did before. Incinuating contradictions. Still not constructive. My suggestion has nothing to do with less Champs being added every month, and I don't agree with that. I'm going back to having actual conversations with people, thanks.
    @GroundedWisdom I disagree with 99.9999999999999999999% of the things you post, but I hope you get a good 5* dupe soon. Best of luck.

Lol. Thanks.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    I wouldn't say the problem is RNG in general. I get that it has a purpose. I just suggested the Class Crystals because it would be a way to increase odds while still leaving it to RNG. As more Champs are added, it will become harder. Not to mention it's important to have each Class of Champ. In any event, I'll get them eventually. I just wanted to put it out there.

B. Pretty sure when people complained about the only crystal available that would improve odds of getting a champ you wanted was severely nerfed, you wholeheartedly defended that decision. It’s a little late to be complaining about how hard it is to dupe 5* champs at this point.

The Crystal had a higher Drop Rate than any other in the game. So, yes. I saw that as fair. That's not the topic of the Thread. Recalling any Thread RNG-related that I commented on doesn't make it the same. It just makes people haters.

I love how when people point out that you had the chance to make these points or agree with others making these points, all you did was defend kabam without any thought. Now a year later you see the problem and take offense when people point it out. Good luck getting any champ worth an r4 now...and then getting the champ a second time...
    Still off-topic, there bud. I'm talking about getting ANY Dup. Not a Crystal that had an approximate 20% Drop Rate for the newest and best Champs. I still support that one. We're not talking about "God vs. Garbage". We're talking about the ability to Dup them in general.

The ability to get any dupe has already been addressed by Kabam. It’s called an awakening gem.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    How many 4 star crystals are you opening per week?
    How many arenas are you grinding in per cycle, getting rank rewards and shards?
    Is your alliance running every war possible during the open matchmaking period? What tier are you in? Are you winning more than losing?
    Are you uncollected yet? How far into act 5 in completion and exploration are you?

All of these questions will reveal the answer to your post. If you aren’t talking about RNG which is constant and doesn’t change, and the only other method of narrowing down your pulls would be featured crystals, then the answer lies in how far you are in the game as well as skill and what you are willing to do to actually OPEN more five star crystals, thereby automatically increasing your chances to duplicate one of your 19 five stars.

Trying to be objective here, but for how long five star champions have been in the game as well as the rate to earn them as increased, only having 19 of them would indicate the answer to some of my questions above would be your issue. Being in an active alliance running wars in a decent tier gets you multiple opportunities per week to gain five star shards. You get them from game content and opportunities uncollected players have compared to others who aren’t yet. If you’re doing milestones and getting rank rewards for those you earn crystals to open and build up 3&4 star champs to dupe and get five star shards faster. You get shards from placing in ranks for those arenas. Being able to get through higher game content gives you great amounts of shards. Do you see where I’m going with this?

While your suggestion of doing a class crystal is actually a decent idea, it would still go back to the amount of five star crystals you’re opening total even per week or month. If you haven’t pushed further in the game, and understood that other players are easily opening one new 5 star champ or more a week just by being in a good alliance and doing arena, then you will be frustrated you aren’t getting dupes. RNG won’t change, but your frequency and chance of doing it through sheer number of chances to dupe is the only thing you can control. Not to be condescending or throw shade here, but I was kind of shocked to see you make this post and say this was an issue, and my advice would be to spend the same amount of energy you do posting on this forum constantly and put it back into the game and work on your chances - like Thanos said, “Fine, I’ll do it myself.” If you’re only opening one crystal a month and frustrated you’re not duping your champs, it’s not the need to narrow down to a class crystal, it’s your need to actually get the crystals at the rate required to start duping your champs.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    My 3rd 5 star crystal was a dupe. You'll get there
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    My 3rd 5 star crystal was a dupe. You'll get there

Thanks.
    edited July 2018

The ability to get any dupe has already been addressed by Kabam. It’s called an awakening gem.

If you read what I was saying, you would know my concern was not Awakening Gems. It was rolling Dups becoming harder with more Champs being added, and given how much longer it takes to amass Shards, that's frustrating. Not the literal ability. I'm quite aware it's possible.