**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is TWO NEW CHAMPS per month too many?

TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
edited February 5 in General Discussion
I feel like with all of the other things breaking, maybe the dev team ought to focus on putting out just one new champ out per month and maybe focus more on fixing some of the lingering problems in the game and make sure updates are actually ready.

Also I feel like this schedule of 2 per month is sky-rocketing the number of champs and there are so many options now, it is hard to have enough time get to know any of them enough to know what champ I want to go for and rank up. I feel like the speed of the game is just all about more, more, more and it feels sometimes like things might be getting out of hand. It makes me wonder if introducing one new champ per month might be a potential solution to this problem. What do you think?

Originally posted by @Juan3s but I don't see it in the discussion threads. I think this is an extremely valid question to ask.

Is TWO NEW CHAMPS per month too many? 354 votes

Nope, two new champs is just right.
30%
ArcDeAngelusGroundedWisdomMasterSmokeAlex_sc11ShrimkinsBendyDrOctavius2_2BrainimpacterKeonexSkyRattlers2StarKingMana_PotWarofgods13514DropfaithDocMcShottieCristalmanPoolDrenlinAzKicker316adqqedfyvr 109 votes
Yes, one new champ per month would be nice. Quality over quantity.
60%
BigDaddyJoeRektorBigPoppaCBONEWhododo872SnakeEyes69lm2SiliyoBadroseStrategicPalanthraxWorld EaterAjavedFluffydragon2Absimiliardsfu_koraxHeartlessAppieIdelestJRock808Jing_Yik2017 213 votes
Too many? No! I want more! Give me more! How about 5 per month???
9%
VoluntarisSwe_wolfisTaxAddyosAdamdrt2006ThawnimGrafikdevMC1111111kwangDeadly2016Ab_SamadMcfly89Taiphoon_zeroSpiderCoolsLiquidkoldSamanyu_8OpandemonioAnkalagonnThisChannelisRIPRiasGremory 32 votes
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    edited July 2018
    Previous comment from ME on the thread that is not displaying.

VOTE: Yes, one new champ per month would be nice. Quality over quantity

Completely and whole-heartedly agree. Kabam should be focusing on better testing their releases, the quality of their updates, fixing bugs identified by the community, identifying more bugs on their own rather than leaving it all to the community to find them, improving older champs, and paying attention to the community and needs/wants/desires of the community.

I have no problem spending on my hobby and investing in the development, but as a result of what I've seen, like @Heddarta I am no longer spending on this game with the way it is being managed. I am dissatisfied with how much Kabam has tried to do too quickly without appropriate testing and often seemingly prioritizing monetary gain. I perhaps will when I am more satisfied again with the development quality and customer service, and hopefully it will improve.
    Raganator wrote: »
    You're not thinking with Kabam's bank account.

LOL. Honestly, though...I want to support them...so I am thinking about it! :) But, too much quality has been sacrificed. I mean, just look at the events of this month so far...nothing more needs to be said.
    The legendary @PeterQuill voted. Wow! ;)
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    3 new champs a week ... run 9 arena's every 3 days.

I really don't understand the rationale for this at all, especially with all the recent issues. I'd love to understand the rationale for anyone voting to keep it at two champs or more. honestly, I think it's mainly trolling.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    yes one in a month is better there is a big pool already. they will soon run out of champs too release like this haha
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Too many? No! I want more! Give me more! How about 5 per month???
    We used to have 1 new champ every week at the beginning :)
    Ankalagonn wrote: »
    We used to have 1 new champ every week at the beginning :)

Yes, but that was the beginning...lol. The game needed new champs! Now we have a very big pool...and lots of bugs to resolve...and lots of unbalanced champs.
  • Juan3sJuan3s Posts: 85
    I like the idea of adding a new one and buffing and old one, I still think 2 every single month is too many, but maybe like a new one every month and buff an old one every other month. I think eventually you will run out of champs to realistically buff if you do it too quickly.
    Very cool idea from someone in my alliance as an ALTERNATIVE to a new champ:

They can do what the Chinese game does and have an upgrade item that needs to be earned or bought to upgrade the old champ to the newer version one. Otherwise, there’s no incentive for Kabam to remodel a hero and they'd rather just coming up new ones. I've never heard of new champs and for them to always suddenly be the strongest right away...lol.

@Mesosmart
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    They should upgrade older champs but definitely at no cost to us. It's called keeping the game balanced and also keeping your customers happy. But you're right, neither of those would be incentives to Kabam sadly.
  • For me before anything new is put out fix the issues with what you currently have. Also if possible lightly tweak an old champ. Maybe make Colossus or Carnage hit a little harder?
  • Juan3sJuan3s Posts: 85
    I think it is still possible to make money by reworking old champs. Take Ms. Marvel for example, she is pretty much the same as Captain Marvel and has no 5 star version. You could rework her, offer her as a 5 star champ and sell FGMC's with her as the featured and make bank.

Also, I think you could still make a lot of money on horrible champs that some people have, like she hulk for example, if they were reworked. Probably not as much as a new champ, but I think it would still be worth considering.
    For me before anything new is put out fix the issues with what you currently have. Also if possible lightly tweak an old champ. Maybe make Colossus or Carnage hit a little harder?

I agree...and I'm thinking that less frequent new champs would allow them to do this. Don't forget to vote! ;)
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Not only 2 champs are too many, but 2 overpowered almost unknown characters with nice sinergies compared to all the crappy old champs we have, is way too much for our SAnitY.
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    They aren't the same people..

Art.and design.have little.to.donwith programming the game so cutting the arenas in half will.have zero positive effect on the gameplay

What? lol...it's not just art and design...it's designing characters that significantly impact the gameplay and change the playing field for everyone. This is how there's so many bugs and issues introduced. With all the negative it's caused, how can you say that? Lastly, I never suggested cutting arenas in half (which actually doesn't make any sense)...just that there would be only one feature character per month but the schedule could be the same. I honestly don't get any part of your logic.
  • Yes, one new champ per month would be nice. Quality over quantity.
    Also, like @Tiemilios I am also no longer spending on this game as it is clear that the newer champs released have thrown the balance of rosters way off. Basically, the state of the game has entered into a dark area of if you're not willing to spend to get the latest champs at 2 new per month...then that puts you at a serious disadvantage to those that have deep pockets.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Everyone’s saying they won’t do one a month because they’d lose revenue. Everyone’s saying they won’t revamp old champs instead because they’d lose revenue

But picture this

They release, I dunno, Carnage as the featured champ. As his arena starts, or maybe a day before it, his buff is announced. His arena begins, and his crystals go on sale. Suddenly, BAM. Everyone that doesn’t have a carnage, or a duped carnage, or a carnage at a high sig has a chance to go for him in these crystals, or whale out in the arena

Sure they’ll make less money, people already have him. But, they can make cash off of those who don’t and are willing to spend, and they can also make friends with the community, who has been screaming for a carnage buff since day 1
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Everyone’s saying they won’t do one a month because they’d lose revenue. Everyone’s saying they won’t revamp old champs instead because they’d lose revenue

But picture this

They release, I dunno, Carnage as the featured champ. As his arena starts, or maybe a day before it, his buff is announced. His arena begins, and his crystals go on sale. Suddenly, BAM. Everyone that doesn’t have a carnage, or a duped carnage, or a carnage at a high sig has a chance to go for him in these crystals, or whale out in the arena

Sure they’ll make less money, people already have him. But, they can make cash off of those who don’t and are willing to spend, and they can also make friends with the community, who has been screaming for a carnage buff since day 1

Man, there are so many ways Kabam could make money without introducing new champs...seriously! I bet a lot more people would be willing to spend for a better quality game and a focus on constant improvement. I know I would!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    My problem is, there seems to be a direct correlation between newt champs coming out, and old champs getting updated... Meaning old champs never get updated... I'd be for having no new champs for a year and just fixing all of the old outdated ones.
  • TinoMiaTinoMia Posts: 56
    Nope, two new champs is just right.
    Any money they make on a buffed champ is money in their pockets. They’ve essentially already paid for that champ several times and now with a rebuff, they’ll make more. Not so much on the champ but now those who have him sitting at r1/l1 like myself will now need resources. Which can be another money maker.
    This is from @Usmcclt0316 , but the post was somehow flagged to be approved first...not sure why. Trying to post it here and seeing if the same happens to it for me.

"Personally...after the 12.0 update, Kabam told the gaming community that god-tier champs ruin the game. What happened? Magneto, DS, Thor....and other champs got the nerf. SW, Thor, Wolverine, DS and some others STILL dont have a 5* or 6* version planned. Now...we have game content-deciding champs such as Blade "hurt you when you do anything" champs like Domino as well as other champs that are designed around auto-blocking/evading/parrying/stunning you. Yeah...remember when blocking, evading, parrying actually required skill?!?

I think we can do with fewer new champs if it means Kabam takes more time and resources to actually improve game mechanics and the quality of the game. Also, I would be ok with older...possibly obsolete champs getting a refresh each month to make more relevant (ie. Luke Cage, Red Hulk, etc.).

Also...now that we have Swiss army like champs with ability sets that require a novel-size manual to go along with their abilities and have 5* and 6* versions....its time for SW, Thor, and Wolvy to get their 5* and 6* versions."
This discussion has been closed.