**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is TWO NEW CHAMPS per month too many?

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Tiemilios wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    It's been mentioned in the past, the team that develops new champions is not the same team that handles bugs and fixes. So man hours wouldnt necessarily be different by cutting back on new champions.

My vote would be 2 new champs per month, but instead of 3 champion months, they redo an old champion.

Maybe they need to change their setup a bit...lol. Something needs to be done! No company should say, "this is the way we do it and it's not changing". They should adapt to consumer needs. Ultimately, I do think the points are still relevant.

I think what I said invalidates the original point, but changes it. Instead of "switch man hours" its "hire more people for the bugs." Assuming champions is the department theyd cut back on, is making their business decisions. Those hours/$$$ can be pulled from elsewhere.

I think they should moderate less and hire more people to fix the bugs.
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    Yes, one new champ per month would be nice. Quality over quantity.
    I don't have any issues with 2 new Champs a month. People look forward to it. Also worth pointing out that the people who design the Champs are not likely responsible for fixing issues.

True, but much of that was covered in the discussion previous. BUT, even if the staff are different, the new champs STILL need to go through QA and testing and the overall integrity of the game should be tested with the addition of each character. That is severely lacking! One champ per month would free up resources to better focus on testing. They need that!
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Personally 1 and a revamp for a while would be phenomenal.

Give them time to make 1 new good champ, and remove a bad champ by replacing them with a better version
    It's been mentioned in the past, the team that develops new champions is not the same team that handles bugs and fixes. So man hours wouldnt necessarily be different by cutting back on new champions.

My vote would be 2 new champs per month, but instead of 3 champion months, they redo an old champion.

Maybe they need to change their setup a bit...lol. Something needs to be done! No company should say, "this is the way we do it and it's not changing". They should adapt to consumer needs. Ultimately, I do think the points are still relevant.

I think what I said invalidates the original point, but changes it. Instead of "switch man hours" its "hire more people for the bugs." Assuming champions is the department theyd cut back on, is making their business decisions. Those hours/$$$ can be pulled from elsewhere.

I think they should moderate less and hire more people to fix the bugs.

Can't disagree with that :)
    I don't have any issues with 2 new Champs a month. People look forward to it. Also worth pointing out that the people who design the Champs are not likely responsible for fixing issues.

True, but much of that was covered in the discussion previous. BUT, even if the staff are different, the new champs STILL need to go through QA and testing and the overall integrity of the game should be tested with the addition of each character. That is severely lacking! One champ per month would free up resources to better focus on testing. They need that!

I would disagree that it's severely lacking in terms of Champs. One was questionable recently, but aside from some tweaks after release, they haven't been severely lacking attention.

I should clarify. It's the overall testing and QA that is lacking, not the number of champs or new champs introduced. However, I would say that for champs the testing and QA is lacking too. How many people already spoke about Carnage whose been bugged from the beginning? There's many other cases, but that's one that still hasn't been addressed yet.
  • Yes, one new champ per month would be nice. Quality over quantity.

Agree 100% to people look forward to new champs. But when the new champs buffs and abilities are so far and above out-weigh the buffs and strengths of your existing champs...then the balance of the game is out of whack. Also, not at the expense of game performance and fixing old "bug" issues (in addition to new performance issues) that still plague the game. Customer experience with the game (functionality of all interfaces) should be top priority over always adding newer content.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Nope, two new champs is just right.

Agree 100% to people look forward to new champs. But when the new champs buffs and abilities are so far and above out-weigh the buffs and strengths of your existing champs...then the balance of the game is out of whack. Also, not at the expense of game performance and fixing old "bug" issues (in addition to new performance issues) that still plague the game. Customer experience with the game (functionality of all interfaces) should be top priority over always adding newer content.

There is a tendency to react to Champs that have new Abilities and new counters. People think the Champs are out of touch, but everything has a counter, and there are others introduced down the road. We never know what will come later. There's usually a long-term plan with these things, and anything different is seen as broken or game-breaking.
    What I'm saying is you can't slow down the production of content and expect it to help resolve bugs. Making fewer Champs is no more effective in that than unplugging your toaster to make your hair dryer hotter.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    They aren't the same people..

Art.and design.have little.to.donwith programming the game so cutting the arenas in half will.have zero positive effect on the gameplay

LMAO.. and the coding for those champs. Like really, you think they just write down the character info and it codes itself?
  • Juan3sJuan3s Posts: 85

There is a tendency to react to Champs that have new Abilities and new counters. People think the Champs are out of touch, but everything has a counter, and there are others introduced down the road. We never know what will come later. There's usually a long-term plan with these things, and anything different is seen as broken or game-breaking.
    What I'm saying is you can't slow down the production of content and expect it to help resolve bugs. Making fewer Champs is no more effective in that than unplugging your toaster to make your hair dryer hotter.

LOL, except for the fact that IF the speed of production is contributing to increased errors (which I think most people will agree that it definitely can, and probably is in this game in general), then it will help resolve bugs. Anyone with experience in coding knows that the faster you go, and the more you try and do at once without troubleshooting, the more errors you have and the harder they are to find. This is like when you are using your toaster, your hair dryer, your microwave, your oven, the trash disposal, etc. all on the same circuit at the same time, the circuit blows and you have to reset your breaker box (and then subsequently stop using them all together). I am sorry, but your comparison and your original point aren't very grounded.

@GroundedWisdom ... I'm not saying new content development should stop. Also, to clarify, neither was I insinuating that new champ content released should be expected to "fix" game performance issues.

Game performance has been pretty poor lately...affecting the entire community. Most people on this post are voting to slow the roll of new champ content if it meant that resources instead be used to improve game performance or improve some of the older champs for a change.

Imagine if Kabam released SW as a 5* and 6*?! How much in Crystal sales $$$ do you think Kabam would make off of that featured Crystal?!?!
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »
    Threads like this with actual logical statements make me mad. One because I can't troll, and two because it just shows how poorly this game is being handled these days.

I may need to retract this soon now.
  • Juan3sJuan3s Posts: 85
    Threads like this with actual logical statements make me mad. One because I can't troll, and two because it just shows how poorly this game is being handled these days.

I may need to retract this soon now.

Why might you need to retract it?
    Personally...after the 12.0 update, Kabam told the gaming community that god-tier champs ruin the game. What happened? Magneto, DS, Thor....and other champs got the nerf. SW, Thor, Wolverine, DS and some others STILL dont have a 5* or 6* version planned. Now...we have game content-deciding champs such as Blade "hurt you when you do anything" champs like Domino as well as other champs that are designed around auto-blocking/evading/parrying/stunning you. Yeah...remember when blocking, evading, parrying actually required skill?!?

I think we can do with fewer new champs if it means Kabam takes more time and resources to actually improve game mechanics and the quality of the game. Also, I would be ok with older...possibly obsolete champs getting a refresh each month to make more relevant (ie. Luke Cage, Red Hulk, etc.).

Also...now that we have Swiss army like champs with ability sets that require a novel-size manual to go along with their abilities and have 5* and 6* versions....its time for SW, Thor, and Wolvy to get their 5* and 6* versions.

I can agree with you to an extent but let’s be real, electricity and a limited amount of man power are not comparable resources. Yes some people flip about new things (better and for worse) and sometimes boils down to overreaction but the you have just filthy champs and bugs like Domino (the hypocritically designed champ), MODOK (AKA “auto:block Tokyo drift”), and Molecular Armor interacting with passive armor nodes, as well as many… MANY other bugs often found on other champs just due to the amount of seemingly untested interactions *cough* danger sense *cough*

Slowing them down to maybe a tri-weekly release for a bit could be a nice test drive for them to figure out why issues like those keep popping up and hopefully help them understand the issues better to prevent future catastrophe
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    I would like to see one updated champ and one new champ a month
    Maidril wrote: »
    I would like to see one updated champ and one new champ a month

I’ve never agreed with anyone in this forum this much before
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    I believe the only argument I have seen that is FOR having 2 champs per month is that it is exciting to have new content released. How does this change if we switch to having only 1 new champ per month or 1 per 3 weeks? I also don't think that moving from a strict 2 per month strategy to a strict 1 per month strategy will help either. The number should be fluid (averaging less than two per month).
    For instance, last month we saw characters introduced that correlated with the deadpool 2 film, sorta. Domino fits right in, as a main character of the film she gains excitement in the player-base to be the character they see. However I would have felt it more appropriate for them to have buffed deadpool x-force alongside her release rather than release massacre (who isn't even the way he is in the comics at all).
    In contrast, this month makes COMPLETE sense to release both wasp and ghost as two main characters of the film that this month is paired with. And perhaps next month I'd love to have seen them make no new releases and just do buffs for both venom and carnage alongside the venom release. To provide excitement to the playerbase does not always include shoving new content constantly down their throats, but keeping the game (and in this case its characters) relevant.
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

I can agree with you to an extent but let’s be real, electricity and a limited amount of man power are not comparable resources. Yes some people flip about new things (better and for worse) and sometimes boils down to overreaction but the you have just filthy champs and bugs like Domino (the hypocritically designed champ), MODOK (AKA “auto:block Tokyo drift”), and Molecular Armor interacting with passive armor nodes, as well as many… MANY other bugs often found on other champs just due to the amount of seemingly untested interactions *cough* danger sense *cough*

Slowing them down to maybe a tri-weekly release for a bit could be a nice test drive for them to figure out why issues like those keep popping up and hopefully help them understand the issues better to prevent future catastrophe

Completely agree. Thanks @Epsilon3 !
    Personally...after the 12.0 update, Kabam told the gaming community that god-tier champs ruin the game. What happened? Magneto, DS, Thor....and other champs got the nerf. SW, Thor, Wolverine, DS and some others STILL dont have a 5* or 6* version planned. Now...we have game content-deciding champs such as Blade "hurt you when you do anything" champs like Domino as well as other champs that are designed around auto-blocking/evading/parrying/stunning you. Yeah...remember when blocking, evading, parrying actually required skill?!?

I think we can do with fewer new champs if it means Kabam takes more time and resources to actually improve game mechanics and the quality of the game. Also, I would be ok with older...possibly obsolete champs getting a refresh each month to make more relevant (ie. Luke Cage, Red Hulk, etc.).

Also...now that we have Swiss army like champs with ability sets that require a novel-size manual to go along with their abilities and have 5* and 6* versions....its time for SW, Thor, and Wolvy to get their 5* and 6* versions.

Let's face it. Some characters are just not balanced in their abilities at all. That's why we have such big differences in "tiers" of characters. Some are not really much of a counter to anything or need any specific counter at all.

I do have an issue with these crazy champs that are out now that are God Tier, like Blade, and the fact that Doctor Strange, Thor, SW, and BW were nerfed while also having no 5* versions of them, all with the claim that there shouldn't be God Tier champs that everyone feels they need to have. Bring those former 4* God Tier champs to 5* for us, most definitely. It's time.

These issues aren't the main point of my poll, but valid nonetheless.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    i remember when the game stared off with 25 chracters..
    I remember when having a 4* colossus was a really,really good pull. 4* was so hard to get they actually had meaning

"add him!,her!,That! and this character! and so on"

now we are at the point where it's to many and we only want the best.
    you can still go to the mcoc fb page and its literally comment after comment about who they need to bring.

we get it, not all charcaters doesn't need to be meta. but since blade released has there been a character newer than him to over throw him?

taskmaster? massacre? those 2 will just be used as increased character space.

why have taskmaster in the game when there blade
    why have ws in the game when there is blade
    why have bw in the game when there is blade
    why have crossbones in the game when there is blade
    why have falcon in the game when there is blade
    why have karnak in the game when there is blade and better true strike champions.
    why have netflixx/og dd in the game when there is blade, people aren't even happy getting OG as a 6* lol
    why have bp or cwbp in the game when there is blade

would anyone want these character as a r5 5* skill characters over blade?
    they should just remove these characters cause NOOONE is happy if they ever get them from a 5* crystal and ever think of them as r5 5* material.
    (wish 5* but i wouldnt r4/5 her)
    I remember when having a 4* colossus was a really,really good pull. 4* was so hard to get they actually had meaning

you can still go to the mcoc fb page and its literally comment after comment about who they need to bring.

we get it, not all charcaters doesn't need to be meta. but since blade released has there been a character newer than him to over throw him?

why have karnak in the game when there is blade and better true strike champions.
    why have netflixx/og dd in the game when there is blade, people aren't even happy getting OG as a 6* lol

they should just remove these characters cause NOOONE is happy if they ever get them from a 5* crystal and ever think of them as r5 5* material.

This hits on a few of the points from the poll discussion. Focus on the quality of the game and the champs. Focus on what the community wants. Balance the game and champs. In the V12 update, they nerfed some champs claiming there shouldn't be god tier champs, but now they've released new god tier champs. Overall, there seems so much concern with releasing new content and champs all the time, but without proper testing and QA. I mean, it's silly to me that the community has to test the new build. Why are we risking users phone in a beta test? Why do they not have the phones and resources to test it properly?
    @ContestOfNoobs Thanks for your insights! :)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Nope, two new champs is just right.

This hits on a few of the points from the poll discussion. Focus on the quality of the game and the champs. Focus on what the community wants. Balance the game and champs. In the V12 update, they nerfed some champs claiming there shouldn't be god tier champs, but now they've released new god tier champs. Overall, there seems so much concern with releasing new content and champs all the time, but without proper testing and QA. I mean, it's silly to me that the community has to test the new build. Why are we risking users phone in a beta test? Why do they not have the phones and resources to test it properly?

Those Champs were literally OP. To the point that they couldn't offer any new content. The newer Champs might be good, but are nowhere near the same. In a game like this, there will always be a variety and range of Champs. That will inevitably shift as the game evolves.
    Further to that, games use Beta Testing all the time.
  • Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 86
    One new champs per month, so the basic pool will not be flooded with too many champs, reducing the chance to pull certain champs....
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    Need more champs to keep the game fresh

Um...sure...fresh with exploding phones...awesome idea...

What does that issue have to do with two champs coming out each month?

The issue is how many more champions can the server's hold the pools are getting too big and this is why the game is in the state it is in now. Kabam or should I say netmarble need to stop or slow the influx of new champions and get the game working right first for all the new films they can just update the older champions why do we need completely new version of hold on there are all about the $$$'s I forgot maybe after the game implodes they will think about it
  • TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    Kabam should focus more on old champs, the character we love such as Captain America, Hulkbuster, Carnage, ... instead of introducing too many BS new champs.
    Kabam should focus more on old champs, the character we love such as Captain America, Hulkbuster, Carnage, ... instead of introducing too many BS new champs.

I agree. I would really like to see classic champs improved. So many of the new crazy champs are ones that are not main characters to much while many of the primary champions from the comics are left unbalanced and lacking.
    edited July 2018

The issue is how many more champions can the server's hold the pools are getting too big and this is why the game is in the state it is in now. Kabam or should I say netmarble need to stop or slow the influx of new champions and get the game working right first for all the new films they can just update the older champions why do we need completely new version of hold on there are all about the $$$'s I forgot maybe after the game implodes they will think about it

I don't know if the number of champs affect the servers, but no matter what...it seems apparent to me, a non-developer, that kabam needs to be focusing much more on infrastructure, game integrity, and quality assurance. Given the events of this month, I think it's a little more than obvious.

I don't know if the quantity of champs would affect the servers. I just would like to see a lot more focus on the infrastructure, integrity, testing, and quality assurance of the game. After this month's events, it appears very needed...
This discussion has been closed.