Alliance Quest- Going forward

So what is the deal now? Based on how we did this week in whatever bracket, is that our rank going forward?

Is my alliance going to be forever in Normal bracket and by doing map 5 we're getting poop rewards? Just to have the format change the next week?

Or is next week going to be another instance of getting compensated after the AQ week ends where you guys compare with other map 5 teams?

***Sidebar***
Your decision was actually a bad one. Yes, there are teams that kept with map 5 and 6 and they got the best case scenario.
But after seeing how little faith customers had in being treated fairly, you should have understood from the hundreds of complaints, that you should have gone the extra mile to build your brand trust back. Instead, you penny-pinched, and now are answering for it by the countless refunds people are asking for from Apple and Google. I hope this point of view is considered in your decisions going forward.

I understand you guys are working overtime, and probably stressing over lots of issues. Seriously, good luck, we ARE rooting for you because we do love playing.

Comments

  • StoyvensenStoyvensen Posts: 43
    I don't follow the issue here honestly. You ran whatever map for AQ and got the Normal Tier rewards. PLUS you'll get whatever you would have received anyway after the AQ points are added up.

    I really don't understand the confusion on this. You and your alliance have a total amount of points, and based on that, they can give you the reward you should have got to begin with. END OF STORY! Why the argument?
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 41
    edited July 12
    There isn't an argument. Why don't you read before coming to forums just to be a no-fun bunny. I'm asking a legit question for next week so we know what to expect out of rewards for the next 2-3 weeks. @Stoyvensen
  • StoyvensenStoyvensen Posts: 43
    Who cares as long as they give you what you've earned? Which is what they are doing. If anything, keep it the way it is and keep giving me normal tier rewards and the Expert tier rewards at the end. I'd rather have double. So.......DOES IT MATTER? That's the point.
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 41
    Jesus dude, it does matter.
    Because if the Peak Milestone system is coming into play in 2 weeks, running map 5 next week for rewards that are less than we feel are worth those resources (because be honest, normal tier rewards seem poopy when you're accustomed to Expert).

    If there's confirmation the change will happen in 2 weeks, many alliances may choose to go map 3 again, get Normal rewards for less out of the treasury, then just start fresh after the new AQ season begins.
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 41
    edited July 12
    So before assuming some 12 year old is crying just to cry, READ the question and intention behind the post first.

    Unless you have an answer for me or something constructive, please stop wasting my time. I actually am looking for a valid answer to help us gameplan. If it seemed like a rant at first, I understand the confusion. I'm already over this week's AQ, I'm solely looking for the next one, thus the title. @Stoyvensen
  • StoyvensenStoyvensen Posts: 43
    I get it, but what are you planning for? Either way, you'll get the rewards. I'm just confused because what difference does it make as long as KABAM makes it right?
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 166
    Stoyvensen wrote: »
    Who cares as long as they give you what you've earned? Which is what they are doing. If anything, keep it the way it is and keep giving me normal tier rewards and the Expert tier rewards at the end. I'd rather have double. So.......DOES IT MATTER? That's the point.

    It matter dude
    What the hell
    Do they going to give all the glory we lost back?
    Because is really delaying my progress
    Including the map 5 and 6 crystals
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 41
    My post wasn't intended to start an argument. So let's start over.

    My thinking: is if next week we'll be in Normal again I assume, and if Peak Milestone patch starts the FOLLOWING week, my team might run map 3 and get the same rewards for less cost.

    And just work on building back up with map 5 the following week.

    Or maybe that plan doesn't make sense. That's why I'm asking. Because I'm genuinely unsure.
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 41
    Stoyvensen wrote: »
    I get it, but what are you planning for? Either way, you'll get the rewards. I'm just confused because what difference does it make as long as KABAM makes it right?

    If I was very confident that Kabam would make it right, and in due time, you're absolutely right. At the current moment, I'm not confident. Simple as that.

    Your argument makes sense, that they compensated this week, and I agree, people should deal and just move forward. Missing glory sucks, but time to move on.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 9,452
    As far as I know, next week will be back in the correct Brackets. Unless they resolve the overheating issue and start the new system. That's my guess.
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 41
    @GroundedWisdom seems like a safe assumption. No word from then officially though right? I hope they do add a little clarification soon.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 9,452
    Not that I've seen. Perhaps they will clarify.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 474
    My guess is they’re not even sure what they’re going to do. They’re doing their best to solve the overheating issue and I’m sure that’s top priority right now. I’m thinking they will probably wait a couple days to see if they can resolve the issue. If they can, they will probably convert to the new system. If not, they will probably put you in the bracket you ended up in this week. I would really like to believe they will announce specifics and remove confusion but after this week’s fiasco it’s hard to tell
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 41
    Thanks for the clarification everyone. "Teamwork" on 3!
    1...
    2...
    3...
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 74
    Twamwork!! Did you have a tuna sandwhich for lunch?
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 279
    The Glory will come in FULL soon. If anyone read the post correctly, we all get EXTRA. Well, those that ran business as usual anyway. If you got enough points to land in Expert, you get ALL the milestone rewards regardless of your point total. Your point total will dictate which rank reward bracket you land in. Same with Advanced, and normal. All the Glory and Map crystals are coming. To run Map 3 because you're not getting the rewards right away is foolish in my eyes. We ran Map 5x5 as per usual. We typically land around 1300s for ranking. This week, 903. Totally worth running Map 5 with no Glory right away only to get ALL the Milestone rewards (even the ones we wouldn't typically get for 113 million points) and a higher rank. Does this explain it enough?

    Even if they run it the same next week, we all get what we earned in the end. I'm cool with waiting if it gets me extra. If they use this week's info to place us back in the correct reward tier, that's cool for us. Not so much for those who didn't continue to run AQ as they normally would. I get that many's faith has been shaken recently. I get the lack of trust. However, the initial message did have a key line that many apparently overlooked in favor of the vaguity at the end. The key portion of the sentence that basically stated EXACTLY what would happen was "....we will need to wait for this AQ series to end in order to gather the data we need to begin implementing that solution." That was said Day 1. Everyone, apart from those that jumped blindly into Map 2, had an equal opportunity to place in AQ. They said it was up to us at the end as that's just a fact. It has always been a choice to run AQ. I admit they could have been a little more forward, but personally, I felt it said more than enough to justify running 5x5 without question.

    Now hopefully they do use this week's information to fix the reward brackets and get things somewhat back to normal. Needing 3 players to open the next BG is not fun. However, it's still very doable if they run it like this again. Hopefully like @V1PER1987 said, they get the overheating issue sorted soon enough to launch the new AQ rewards system sooner than later. If not, only time will tell what will happen next AQ cycle. As V1PER1987 also stated, they themselves probably don't know what the plan is as of yet. They're calling on players to do Beta Testing on the fix. If that doesn't spell how desperate they are to fix this with a quickness, I don't know what would. They're trying. Best of luck to the MCoC Team in finding a quick, and long lasting fix to all this. In the mean time, play on!
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 29
    BigTuna13 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom seems like a safe assumption. No word from then officially though right? I hope they do add a little clarification soon.

    There is official clarification on the matter. It was released earlier this week. Below is a link to the announcement.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/80886/alliance-quest-bracket-compensation
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 9,452
    kmbell81 wrote: »
    BigTuna13 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom seems like a safe assumption. No word from then officially though right? I hope they do add a little clarification soon.

    There is official clarification on the matter. It was released earlier this week. Below is a link to the announcement.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/80886/alliance-quest-bracket-compensation

    The question was what will happen next AQ week. Thank you, though.
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 251
    Anyone catch a timeframe for this week's stuff? I didn't see one in passing and I'm being too lazy to search it out.
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 251
    Nvm I looked anyway. Later this week.
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 29
    kmbell81 wrote: »
    BigTuna13 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom seems like a safe assumption. No word from then officially though right? I hope they do add a little clarification soon.

    There is official clarification on the matter. It was released earlier this week. Below is a link to the announcement.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/80886/alliance-quest-bracket-compensation

    The question was what will happen next AQ week. Thank you, though.

    Kabam’s statement answers the question but you have to read between the lines a little bit.

    Kabam stated that alliances will be compared to other alliances that would have been in the same bracket and that rank rewards will be issued based on the bracket you should have been assigned to. AQ rewards include bracket assignments for the next AQ series.

    Therefore, it is implied that alliances will be in the correct brackets next week. Thank you, though.
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 251
    I'm never inferring anything from kabams statements ever again, after all the confusion of the last week.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 1,209
    edited July 12
    I wouldn't they lie all the time the aq rewards don't seem right either which really doesn't surprise me at all, thanks kabam for messing up so badly.

    Would like to know where we fall and what compasation you're giving out and when because this isn't going to cut it and are a far cry from what we usually get.
  • BigDudeBigDude Posts: 82
    This is still all jagged up. we didn't even promote out of the lowest bracket with 60 mil. Come on Kabam, time for some serious compensation. 5000 glory for everyone, and full milestones for expert tier. Just do it.
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 251
    edited July 12
    BigDude wrote: »
    This is still all jagged up. we didn't even promote out of the lowest bracket with 60 mil. Come on Kabam, time for some serious compensation. 5000 glory for everyone, and full milestones for expert tier. Just do it.

    I'm pretty sure that's almost exactly what they're giving out. Later this week sometime.
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 41
    The Glory will come in FULL soon. If anyone read the post correctly, we all get EXTRA. Well, those that ran business as usual anyway. If you got enough points to land in Expert, you get ALL the milestone rewards regardless of your point total. Your point total will dictate which rank reward bracket you land in. Same with Advanced, and normal. All the Glory and Map crystals are coming. To run Map 3 because you're not getting the rewards right away is foolish in my eyes. We ran Map 5x5 as per usual. We typically land around 1300s for ranking. This week, 903. Totally worth running Map 5 with no Glory right away only to get ALL the Milestone rewards (even the ones we wouldn't typically get for 113 million points) and a higher rank. Does this explain it enough?

    Even if they run it the same next week, we all get what we earned in the end. I'm cool with waiting if it gets me extra. If they use this week's info to place us back in the correct reward tier, that's cool for us. Not so much for those who didn't continue to run AQ as they normally would. I get that many's faith has been shaken recently. I get the lack of trust. However, the initial message did have a key line that many apparently overlooked in favor of the vaguity at the end. The key portion of the sentence that basically stated EXACTLY what would happen was "....we will need to wait for this AQ series to end in order to gather the data we need to begin implementing that solution." That was said Day 1. Everyone, apart from those that jumped blindly into Map 2, had an equal opportunity to place in AQ. They said it was up to us at the end as that's just a fact. It has always been a choice to run AQ. I admit they could have been a little more forward, but personally, I felt it said more than enough to justify running 5x5 without question.

    Now hopefully they do use this week's information to fix the reward brackets and get things somewhat back to normal. Needing 3 players to open the next BG is not fun. However, it's still very doable if they run it like this again. Hopefully like @V1PER1987 said, they get the overheating issue sorted soon enough to launch the new AQ rewards system sooner than later. If not, only time will tell what will happen next AQ cycle. As V1PER1987 also stated, they themselves probably don't know what the plan is as of yet. They're calling on players to do Beta Testing on the fix. If that doesn't spell how desperate they are to fix this with a quickness, I don't know what would. They're trying. Best of luck to the MCoC Team in finding a quick, and long lasting fix to all this. In the mean time, play on!

    Damn you for making me read all that.

    But you can't act all high and mighty just because you're one of the alliances where this situation played in your favor. It very well could have turned out a situation in the opposite favor. Where they incorrectly caluclate reimbursment of alliance resources, or even miscalculated placements, something.

    To sit there and say no that never crossed your mind is lying.

    I did not come to that conclusion as an "angry gamer" who cries wolf. It came from an accumulation of mistakes made by Kabam in recent weeks: 4th of July marketing, attempted diversity changes, blah blah blah.

    The bottom line: both sides of this argument need to shut up.

    Those who were lucky enough to win on the map 5 and 6 side are due for envy. Seriously, no joking, I'm happy for you guys. To those who mistakingly erred into map 2, or picked map 3 for my reasonings, I emphathize and it sucks.

    But to both sides, seriously, let's move on. We can't all be Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite about our Glory days (haha get it?)

    Thank you everyone for the feedback. I genuinely appreciate it.
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 41
    Sorry if my vocabulary was a little strong and argumentative. Actually wasn't my intention. I do value your point of view. @SiriusBreak
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 217
    BigTuna13 wrote: »
    There isn't an argument. Why don't you read before coming to forums just to be a no-fun bunny. I'm asking a legit question for next week so we know what to expect out of rewards for the next 2-3 weeks. @Stoyvensen


    i know allt alliances including mine were put in the lowest bracket and recieved only map 1,2,3 crystals and recived a whopping 300 glory from the final rewards at the end of the 5 day aq chcle. normally we recieve around 2k i think in the final rewards. at any rate my point is there has been a mix by kabam and some alliances were put in the lowest bracket when they were in the highest bracket. maybe thats what happened to your alliance
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 672
    You spelled backwards wrong
Sign In or Register to comment.