**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Awaken Morningstar?

So, I just pulled a 4* Morningstar from a PHC (what luck, this never happens).

I have been reading about her abilities and she really looks great on paper, a utility powerhouse. But, I'm not sold on awakening her. I have a generic awakening gem but no mystic awakening gem. Is she worth a generic awakening gem? Is she worth a 5/50 rank up? Based on play experience is she still great unawakened?

Please consider the following along with those questions above:

1. I already have SL, Sparky, Blade (both 5 and 4 star), Gwenpool, Wolverine, IceMan, Medusa, Hyperion, Void, Voodoo, Magik and GR awakened and rank 5/maxed (Except Magik rank 4 and Void rank 3). I will be awakening AA through arena this week. I don't have SW (I've waited so long).
2. I have 1 generic awakening gem and I will soon have another generic gem as I'm a couple of paths away from 100% completion of Act 5.1.

Is there anyone that is more worthy that I should wait for?

Please advise.

Thank you everyone.

Comments

• SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Well speaking from personal experience, I have a 5 star MS and used a Generic Gem on her (people are gonna question that choice but she's one of my favorite champs, she's god tier at 5 souls and I play this damn game for fun and that was damn fun to do). She does not need it to be good but it really is the difference between a dull and sharp weapon, can still be effective but much better with the edge.

Mine is at 4/55 and boy is the game easier. Mostly in AQ which she ends on Full health 5x5 most days and I switch her to AW if there's something like a Medusa final boss or so.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    I used my generic 5* gem on her as well. The initial extra soul is very useful, and if you run MS+Guillotine, after 1 fight, you have the unblockable s2 for countering all the auto-blocks we are facing nowadays.

However, I actually prefer the other side of the ability. She steals potency of Fury, Power gain, and Regeneration. Against many champions, that means she gets to her s3 quickly and can extend the fight to steal regen to heal, especially once you have the fourth soul and its increased block proficiency.

Add Angela or Magik to your squad and you get even longer boosts. One of my favorite tricks with her is to get to the third soul, wait for the enemy to start regen, then hit them with the s2. They lose the regen, but I keep on healing.
    edited July 2018
    Ordalca wrote: »
    I used my generic 5* gem on her as well. The initial extra soul is very useful, and if you run MS+Guillotine, after 1 fight, you have the unblockable s2 for countering all the auto-blocks we are facing nowadays.

However, I actually prefer the other side of the ability. She steals potency of Fury, Power gain, and Regeneration. Against many champions, that means she gets to her s3 quickly and can extend the fight to steal regen to heal, especially once you have the fourth soul and its increased block proficiency.

Add Angela or Magik to your squad and you get even longer boosts. One of my favorite tricks with her is to get to the third soul, wait for the enemy to start regen, then hit them with the s2. They lose the regen, but I keep on healing.

This I fully agree with, and my god that Fury, Regen, Power Gain buff are so amazing and so very worth it plus the extra soul cuts a fight you'll need and trust me in AW that is VERY valuable cuz you may not be able to use her on all fights on a path. An example for what I mean, I was fighting a Crossbones in AQ today with MS and I used her SP1 and I had a Fury going, ONE of the direct damage was just over 12k. ONE of her three attacks (there's 6 ticks of damage in her SP1 and one of them did that) did just over 12k, I didn't even notice the rest cuz that one surprised me.

Plus I run her with Angela in AQ also meaning her buffs are extended which makes a difference.
  • AnthinhoAnthinho Posts: 256
    She takes too long to ramp up and is very sluggish, I'd save it
    Oh and I forgot to mention that her awakened ability cuts the potency in Masochism and Buffet. She makes them heal less AND gains a regen buff for herself. Hidden feature but so very nice as you can have regen all the way through the fight and make them not heal as much.

Plus at 4 souls her 50% PB does more than just Tank SP2s from Medusa but it also bypasses Limber meaning even in LOL you have infinite parries to work with and same with AW if needed.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    Saiyan wrote: »
    Well speaking from personal experience, I have a 5 star MS and used a Generic Gem on her (people are gonna question that choice but she's one of my favorite champs, she's god tier at 5 souls and I play this damn game for fun and that was damn fun to do). She does not need it to be good but it really is the difference between a dull and sharp weapon, can still be effective but much better with the edge.

Mine is at 4/55 and boy is the game easier. Mostly in AQ which she ends on Full health 5x5 most days and I switch her to AW if there's something like a Medusa final boss or so.

I very much like the phrase "switch her to AW if there's something like a Medusa final boss". Medusa is a weakness and I've been searching for a counter.
    Ordalca wrote: »

:smile::smile::smile:

You had me at Angela. I didn't even notice her synergies. I run my 4/55 Angela in AQ as a Sentinel destroyer.
    Thanks guys, this has been informative.

I'll probably use the generic gem and if SW comes along I'll still have another.
    @Saiyan @Ordalca

Any insight into whether she needs a high sig level? I'm going to start with a sig level of 20, but would she benefit a lot from going higher or is it mostly she just needs the full dup.
    I also run my Angela in AQ and she's a R2 six star which is kinda over kill for Map 5. Both combined have a very nice extra bonus type synergy that you don't have to think about, it just works. The AW thing you still gotta be active for as MS has a short dash back meaning you can get trapped in a corner by Medusa but once you get the heavy counter down you're good, no worries. If you have any points in MD as well it'll help the SP2 Spam and finish off Medusa quite easy.
    Saiyan wrote: »
    I also run my Angela in AQ and she's a R2 six star which is kinda over kill for Map 5. Both combined have a very nice extra bonus type synergy that you don't have to think about, it just works. The AW thing you still gotta be active for as MS has a short dash back meaning you can get trapped in a corner by Medusa but once you get the heavy counter down you're good, no worries. If you have any points in MD as well it'll help the SP2 Spam and finish off Medusa quite easy.

I wish I had 6* Angela. I'm #savingforseptember with almost 20k shards. I'm pretty scared I'm going to get duds. :-(
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    @PureRage13
    The amount you steal and reduce is increased by the sig level, but the first one is all you really need.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    If you have SW, Wolvie, and Vision duped, use it on her. If nor, use it on one of them. They are the only champs you can only obtain as 4*s.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    use it, you could get another one later for sure