**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Google Play Store Reviews

PeterQuillPeterQuill Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
Why are the reviews on the google play store so lopsided. They are either 1 star with accurate comments about the state of the game being pretty bad or they are 5 star reviews from generic "google users" with no comments. Seems a bit odd to me.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★
    It's there for people to register their views. Just because they're not there to slam the game doesn't mean it's any less accurate.
    I've read positive ones with 5*s. The timeline is all jumbled up on there either way. Some new, some old. It's not really Reddit-style where you can Downvote. Lol. Some people like the game and are happy with it. Some aren't. That's just how it is. Not everyone gets involved with the Politics. ;)
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I’ve seem 5* reviews that are literally just “Good Game”.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I got a friend whom I introduced MCoC to him last year, where he downloaded and played for 1 month and stopped playing ever since. In the beginning he felt this game is fun and refreshing (the style) but he is not so much of a gamer, he just tried for fun. He voted 5* and didn't write any comment, but he also didn't suffer much of the crappy experiences we faced due to him playing on and off for only 1 month.

I got a bunch of past and current alliance mates, who are SO PISSED with all the craps and **** showered on them for the past 1+ years, in particularly EVER SINCE v12.0, a number of them went back to the apps page and VOTE 1 (if they could vote 0, or -1, they would already do that) and commented about the poor game play quality, poor tech support, poor forum support and terrible server stability.

I'm very sure there are definitely another few hundred thousands of imaginary players who love this game so much for its quality and fun, that go there to vote 6, and since they are overwhelmed they are basically speechless, since no words can describe how satisfy they are. Oh wait, ignore this, I have seen this only in my nightmare.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    It's rather simple, it will filter reviews by "relative" or recent, but the total star rating is cumulative throughout the apps life. So recent 1* reviews are relatively irrelevant in the grand scheme of hundreds of thousands over the years
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    It’s more likely that someone who wants to give a 1* review will also leave some comments for his/her decision.
    Giving a 5star rating pretty much means you like the game and there’s not much need for additional explanations, whereas for a 1star rate the reasons for one disliking the game can be very different.

I for one have left loads of 5star reviews with no comment, but not a single lower star review without at least one or 2 reasons for my choice.
    Mine is at 5*s. Hasn't changed. Won't either.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Many of the reviews are paid/bought ratings. This is not MCOC-specific, it's common practice for apps to buy 5* ratings and positive reviews. It's the only way some smaller apps can get any visibility. That's why I usually steer clear of using playstore / app store reviews to judge an app.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Many of the reviews are paid/bought ratings. This is not MCOC-specific, it's common practice for apps to buy 5* ratings and positive reviews. It's the only way some smaller apps can get any visibility. That's why I usually steer clear of using playstore / app store reviews to judge an app.

Hey there -

Wanted to drop in here and assure you, along with others, that we don't purchase our ratings or go through third parties to do so. All of our reviews are from our players! Remember, there are many different players in The Contest, and we can all have differing opinions!

I think this is awesome, then, because just about every app does what he described above, especially after hitting a rough patch where a lot of pissed off players leave scorching negative reviews and they see the need to balance things.. I have a lot of respect for MCOC if it doesn't do this, as we know the road here has had just a few occasional bumps and potholes.