**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Remove the buff triggered from dexterity?

Dexterity is an essential mastery and mechanic for this game, however the way it puts players at a disadvantage for nodes like buffet or the Mystic Dispersion mastery is completely unfair in my opinion. Evading specials or baiting specials are very important and unless you have a power control champion it is something that you have to do.

So my suggestion would be either removing the buff triggered by dexterity all together or having it so that it doesn't refresh after one dexterity. This way Mystic Dispersion and Buffet still punish champions that trigger loads of buffs but don't make the game ridiculously hard at times when the AI is refusing to throw a special.

Remove the buff triggered from dexterity? 58 votes

Remove the buff triggered completely
29%
HiapeindexSiliyoHurricaneWarningRJ03SMRkaTecknorockaVuDahLvernon15Super_Mitch_83Aleks112358KisHincrystaldsmithFhfjghhggggjfhfjgLightingrod7RockypantherxSnake_EyesValBr111 17 votes
Have it so the buff doesn't refresh after the first dexterity
37%
BrainimpactermostlyharmlessnPabon510FrostyWarofgods13514Husky54buffajrcAncAmONotcho59Lt_Magnum_1BahamutPureRage13DarthPhalshadow_lurker22Kobster84Reaper213VoltolosRetsKngSpcAnthinho 22 votes
Keep the buff, Mystic Dispersion and Buffet are a fair punishment for evading/baiting
25%
Dimples800MrW3Ak___stakPcc880OutsiderguaDarkrider05Stark78AlfaBruce12342Worknprogressadknight27SoulBreaker1229AleorIron_spider1ZAQDoomeus 15 votes
Other (leave your thoughts below)
6%
VoluntarisTimone147ChampioncriticRandomizerRuns_4 4 votes

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    U May wont to watig and se when the md and dex cancge coms.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    You do know there’s a dexterity and MD beta running right?
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    This seems like the most balanced choice to me. It makes MD and Buffet easier to manage without making them completely useless.
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    You do know there’s a dexterity and MD beta running right?

Yeah I'm aware, but we don't know the changes yet. Knowing Kabam their 'logical' response to the MD issue will be to reduce the effectiveness of MD, so that's why I suggested this.

I feel like my middle option of the poll would fix it in the most balanced way and I hope it's the fix/change that Kabam eventually do
    @GSTAR21 Brain Grant made a video about a Beta Test Kabam is doing. You can figure out all the changes they are thinking about doing to MD & Dexterity in his video. Kabams test actually does consist of making MD not screw people over. They could very well buff MD & Dex in the future. Be patient, & see what comes down the road in the future.

Link to Brian's Video -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDmyeiAGV6I

Thanks for pointing this out, it looks like they're doing a similar if not better change than I suggested. I presumed Kabam would just reduce the amount of power gained from MD but this is much better
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Keep the buff, Mystic Dispersion and Buffet are a fair punishment for evading/baiting
    GSTAR21 wrote: »
    @GSTAR21 Brain Grant made a video about a Beta Test Kabam is doing. You can figure out all the changes they are thinking about doing to MD & Dexterity in his video. Kabams test actually does consist of making MD not screw people over. They could very well buff MD & Dex in the future. Be patient, & see what comes down the road in the future.

Link to Brian's Video -

Thanks for pointing this out, it looks like they're doing a similar if not better change than I suggested. I presumed Kabam would just reduce the amount of power gained from MD but this is much better

Not for those of us that used things like t2a and AG on dormammu. This not only affects MD but his degen as well
    edited July 2018

Link to Brian's Video -

Not for those of us that used things like t2a and AG on dormammu. This not only affects MD but his degen as well

We can only hope! Tired of dreading Dormammu in things like Act 5 and AW when one evade/degen takes a huge chunk of health.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    The buff doesn't stack, so other then the first one, it should not continue to feed MD or Buffet
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Link to Brian's Video -

We can only hope! Tired of dreading Dormammu in things like Act 5 and AW when one evade/degen takes a huge chunk of health.

If this is the case and we get no way to get those end game resources back, I can only hope that if you ever choose to dump that level of resource commitment into a defensive champ that they're completely ruined shortly after as well

Link to Brian's Video -

If this is the case and we get no way to get those end game resources back, I can only hope that if you ever choose to dump that level of resource commitment into a defensive champ that they're completely ruined shortly after as well

Well I will never do that. Every champ I rank I give a lot of consideration to. I make sure that even if it’s a defensively oriented champ, I can use them in other aspects of the game. Because, you know, Kabam. They change the game too much so ranking up a champ for one sole purpose isn’t a good idea. I mean I ranked up IMIW which for most intents and purposes a defensive champ. But I actually like him as an offensive champ, too. He has a lot of utility and if they ever nerfed his auto block or something I could use him as an effective heal blocker/DoT champ. In your case Dorm wouldn’t be worthless. He still has double immunities and one of the best power controlling in the game.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Other (leave your thoughts below)
    If you evade, have horns grow out of your champs head and chest, splitting your opponent into many pieces... each piece does 7 damage.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    The buff doesn't stack, so other then the first one, it should not continue to feed MD or Buffet

This. All this change would do is make MD work as described.

Link to Brian's Video -

Changing the way dexterity works definitely has its pros and cons. Sure your Dormammu won't get as many kills in AW but at the same time, the opponents Dormammu won't get as many unfair kills on you/your team mates. Dormammu's degen is one of the prime examples of unfair unavoidable damage in this game, there is no skill to use against it whatsoever. I think the changes they make are for the best and promotes a fairer yet still competitive AW.