**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New alliance help event.

I am trying to understand the new alliance help event. I have tried to figure out how we are able to get 1 point for helping our alliance mates. Please advise .

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @ron67mjr I think you only get points while you are able to collect your 1k loyalty, which is stupid and not in the description but whatever.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I have to wait until 8pm to do this then, as that is when it is reset in New Zealand :p
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    I have to wait until 8pm to do this then, as that is when it is reset in New Zealand :p

Then make sure you don't help anyone until the next time this event comes up so you don't have to wait. Brilliant plan, Kabam!
    Rocap wrote: »

Then make sure you don't help anyone until the next time this event comes up so you don't have to wait. Brilliant plan, Kabam!

Well, the requests for help only last a few hours, so the statement wouldn't be true. I would lose all the requests before that time.
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    Well that explains why mine isn't showing. Yet another fail kabam.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222

Well, the requests for help only last a few hours, so the statement wouldn't be true. I would lose all the requests before that time.

Exactly but because you didn't press the help button you can press it later when the event comes up and YOU need it. Instead of waiting for your cap to reset, you wait for the event and your alliance just doesn't get help.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Exactly but because you didn't press the help button you can press it later when the event comes up and YOU need it. Instead of waiting for your cap to reset, you wait for the event and your alliance just doesn't get help.

I'd be fine with the game limiting each player to 50 maximum credits towards the event, but the way it is implemented now seems poorly thought out.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

Mine reset 2 hours ago and I'm in NZ.

Reset time is account specific.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I'd be fine with the game limiting each player to 50 maximum credits towards the event, but the way it is implemented now seems poorly thought out.

Depending on when loyalty earning resets, it's possible to get 100 points. But why put a limit in when every other event doesn't have one? Especially since the last milestone is so high? Thats 1000 helps. Yes its doable but not easily reached like the daily events usually are, especially for smaller alliances or ones that dont grind arena.

And since these new daily events seem to be randomly generated, will players start holding off on helping until the event pops up because you just never know when the help event will show up?
  • ron67mjrron67mjr Posts: 27
    Thank you guys. I have trying everything for this to work. I was such a waste of time. The description was vague. As a Team leader you are to know all that goes on with the game. So when questions are asked to answers I don't have I am now feeling inadequate. I am really disappointed in how this was ushered in.
    Thank you again guys for you just confirmed what i was already thinking.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Fantasy_91 wrote: »

Depending on when loyalty earning resets, it's possible to get 100 points. But why put a limit in when every other event doesn't have one? Especially since the last milestone is so high? Thats 1000 helps. Yes its doable but not easily reached like the daily events usually are, especially for smaller alliances or ones that dont grind arena.

I'm guessing that part of the reason why the event was designed to only count actual loyalty generating helps is because in alliances with active grinders it is possible for just a couple of players to max out the entire event. That's not as easy to do in the other events. Four solid grinders doing about a hundred rounds a day could, when they pushed help on each other's champions, generate 900 helps just between themselves.
    After reviewing the all of the statements, I think this has been created for those that do not help within their own alliance. If this is true. I will will wait til tomorrow to see how this works. The event is 24 hours and so at some point we would all benefit a fraction of it.
    I am speculating that with the increase of rewards through events there will be other areas that will require more of an initiative to make alliance teams work together.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    It's garbage, it only gives you points if you haven't peaked on loyalty for the help button for that day.

This is both useless and giving people the idea that they shouldn't press the help button when people need it and only when it benefits them. How stupid.

Kabam keeps coming up with new ways to push away loyal customers... Underwhelming offers you can blame sales team for planning ahead of time and has no visibility with all the bugs, but this seems to be oversight from the development team... Can't keep pushing responsibility kabam. Just implement individual daily quota like duel.
  • Adub80Adub80 Posts: 29
    Seems pretty ridiculous given that the rewards are already capped. Why make it harder for people to participate?
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    Fantasy_91 wrote: »

I'm guessing that part of the reason why the event was designed to only count actual loyalty generating helps is because in alliances with active grinders it is possible for just a couple of players to max out the entire event. That's not as easy to do in the other events. Four solid grinders doing about a hundred rounds a day could, when they pushed help on each other's champions, generate 900 helps just between themselves.

If they are grinding that much, more power to them, and I think they deserve the full rewards even in that case. I agree some events are going to be harder than others, especially the new 1 day for perfect series. Which I believe is why they changed it to a 1 day event instead of 3 days so it didn't tie up so much time where people weren't earning something.

When they posted the new daily events, this one sounded like a fun way to earn rewards and it is not proving to be that at all.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Yet another thing people are whining about. You’ll get a chance to get your points whether it’s near the start or near the end of the event. Lord, stop whining about everything that happens in the game. You guys are like babies.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

Mine reset 2 hours ago and I'm in NZ.

Reset time is account specific.

Mmm... you re right, I have a friend who has a different rest time... not sure how this is determined...
    Alliance events seem to be synchronized, so daily quests, duel credits and help should be the same across the alliance.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    At the end of the day, I'm not "sandbagging" my helps for points. If an ally member is requesting help for energy or arena teams, I will press the help button. I am usually at 1000 Loyalty within the first 2 hours of my bar resetting because I'm in an active ally.

This event is just bonus rewards for me.

Very disappointing that Kabam has decided to lock it into the Loyalty bar as it can seriously disrupt the whole process. It is literally one more reason to despise the Help system in the game. The whole thing needs to be removed from the game.
    I still think the help button is still a need. In my alliance we don't have a whole lot of grinders. We just increased the team to 28. The help button is definitely a good tool to have. I have told my team that are to help regardless if it benefits you or not. teamwork is the name of the game. To hold out just so that you can receive points is ridiculous. When the group members need help, they just ask and we come to help. simple as that. All of the info on this is greatly insightful. Thank you.