**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Nightcrawler's Mode Swap Timer is Broken.

EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
Twice in Alliance War, and multiple times in Arena, I have watched the timer on Nightcrawler's modes countdown to zero, and still not switch modes. Both unawakened and awakened have this issue. He does not evade or bamf to break the timer, and will sometimes still remain blocking moments after the timer has already expired.

Galaxy S5, most recent update for phone and game.

Comments

• Yeah had this issue lately. Tho tonight on AW he was easily 70-80 percent evade at times no less than 20% when it was kinda half normal fight. But the timer isn’t working
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I've had that happen many times, but it's not clear if the AI released the Block just before the switch or not. I've had several occurrences in the Arena where the Block won't start the Timer.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Fought a r4/55 unduped NC main boss in war today. What happened to me was strange. He dashed back and his timer started. I dashed in to attack and started my combo. On combo hit #3 his timer disappeared and yet he continued to block through the rest of my combo. He never switched of course. There is definitely something buggy about his timer
  • JordJord Posts: 13
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    Happened to me a second and third time. Got it on video. Here is a gif of it. My SW is attacking him, he evades back and starts his timer. I dash forward and start attacking with a combo. His timer drops and he continued to block while I attack.zsf17dt3ck0d.gif

Wow. Thought this was fixed long ago.
    Yeah. This happened on 3 separate battles with him. With Vision AoU once and SW twice
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_s4kSS6BnY

Easy fix here guys. Watch the video from 11-14, 32-35, 38-41. Attack, backup, run forward, rinse and repeat.
    He was not so accommodating for me or my alliance mates during any of our tries. We tried all of that and it didn't switch him.

There is also a video going around where a guy light punched in the air and got NC to start his timer, hold it, and switch. We all tried that and it didn't work either.
    He was not so accommodating for me or my alliance mates during any of our tries. We tried all of that and it didn't switch him.

There is also a video going around where a guy light punched in the air and got NC to start his timer, hold it, and switch. We all tried that and it didn't work either.

It's not foolproof, the timing has to be right. Video above shows that, practice makes perfect.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★

It's not foolproof, the timing has to be right. Video above shows that, practice makes perfect.

It's a not a fix, and does not resolve the problem. Nightcrawler is not working as intended, and his ability needs to be corrected. Half measures, while helpful, don't address that the character is not functioning properly, and the community is taking the fault of it.
    Ebbtide wrote: »
    It's a not a fix, and does not resolve the problem. Nightcrawler is not working as intended, and his ability needs to be corrected. Half measures, while helpful, don't address that the character is not functioning properly, and the community is taking the fault of it.

Bugs rarely get resolved, see Captain Marvel’s sp2 and other special attacks that don’t chain properly. I offered a counter to what players were complaining about. It seemed more useful than asking Kabam to fix something wrong with their game.
    I filed a support ticket. Hopefully this goes somewhere. Unfortunately we all used revives and potions to finish him and a fix isn't going to give us those back. :s
  • I have gotten that two when I was in the arena grinding for tier 4 basics last couple of days I lots my arena streak thanks to Night Crawler
  • I tested it out in realm of legends winter soldier and you should able to invade the special 1 and I was killed in two hits from WS special 1