**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Does Carnage have any redeeming value?

2»

Comments

• SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 224 ★★
    Carnage is just prestige...otherwise a RED TURD!!! Thanks Kabam
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    How much longer does the community have to be ignored or told whatever to get us to shut up for a while before carnage can go away in a corner somewhere to die? I truly don't believe anything will ever be done to make this champ no longer be worthless. Every so often well get a mod response that gives us warm fuzzies but the truth is nothing will be done. They don't care. Least carnage can use his hands as a nice pillow head rest when he goes away to never be played again.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    neb wrote: »
    How much longer does the community have to be ignored or told whatever to get us to shut up for a while before carnage can go away in a corner somewhere to die? I truly don't believe anything will ever be done to make this champ no longer be worthless. Every so often well get a mod response that gives us warm fuzzies but the truth is nothing will be done. They don't care. Least carnage can use his hands as a nice pillow head rest when he goes away to never be played again.

Relax mate. Miike said they were about to look at him so there'll be a bit of time before any things implemented at least.

No point getting upset at the moment.

It sucks that he's no good but there's still a chance he'll be fixed.

Wait till the end of the month and see if any things announced. If not, then crack the **** again.

Miikes actually been pretty good with responses about carnage, so that's something atleast.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited July 2017
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    neb wrote: »

Relax mate. Miike said they were about to look at him so there'll be a bit of time before any things implemented at least.

No point getting upset at the moment.

It sucks that he's no good but there's still a chance he'll be fixed.

Wait till the end of the month and see if any things announced. If not, then crack the **** again.

Miikes actually been pretty good with responses about carnage, so that's something atleast.

Actually Miike said he'd have them look into it, but chances are it won't happen because the team isn't keen on changing new champs unless it's bugged. That was stated in the earliest and most accurately straight forward answer we've gotten on the forums. And judging by the rate at which they give minimal effort to anything that needs to be changed, you can pretty much kiss carnage good riddance until sometime next year... if he's changed at all.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,631 ★★★★★
    Sadly I think you're right Grinder. Rather than fix bugged or useless champs we always get the "every champ is good if you don't suck and know how to use them right" spiel from Miike and the rest. Except in this case, no, Carnage is terrible under every conceivable circumstance for even the best players. He's hot garbage and sadly we're going to be stuck with this eunich of a champ for the forseeable future. Talk about ruining what should have been a home run...
  • Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Kabam miiike said they are looking at him.

Hopefully they take note of the suggestions regarding fixes posted. A lot of people want him as a viable champ
    If they just give him a hand axe animation on his heavy attack it would satisfy my disappointment. This is the first image I think of whenever the character comes up: 5hbxa1sm8w2j.jpg

Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Kabam miiike said they are looking at him.

Hopefully they take note of the suggestions regarding fixes posted. A lot of people want him as a viable champ
    If they just give him a hand axe animation on his heavy attack it would satisfy my disappointment. This is the first image I think of whenever the character comes up: 5hbxa1sm8w2j.jpg

Ha, I agree. They didn't even nail the animation on the character let alone making a functional character
  • ^^ Givr him the hand axe with chance to bleed. Boom. Fixed
  • RafitasRafitas Posts: 65
    Up
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Carnage has zero redeeming qualities. He doesn't even LOOK cool. What a waste.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    DalBot wrote: »
    Serious question here. His health is sub par, his attack is WAY sub par, his block proficiency is a joke. Seriously, has any one found any use for him or is he exactly what we all feared: an equal to Spider Gwen and Fixit?

Yes, it is great when he is the boss on a quest.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Carnage garners much hatred. He can't really hold his own against high health opponents.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    He's great against high hp champs, that's his niche. The only caveat is he can't handle high attack opponents lol
    Serious question here. His health is sub par, his attack is WAY sub par, his block proficiency is a joke. Seriously, has any one found any use for him or is he exactly what we all feared: an equal to Spider Gwen and Fixit?

Right, notice how conveniently he's not going to be a boss on the new Spidey quest? Kabam knows he's garbage. Expect no apologies or fixes.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Right, notice how conveniently he's not going to be a boss on the new Spidey quest? Kabam knows he's garbage. Expect no apologies or fixes.
    Can people stop posting ridiculous arguments? Please? Go an and be an idiot about how much you do not like something, be indignant about it, let the world know how much you do not like something. Cool you are bitter, awesome that must mean, what?

SL sucks he's never been an event boss, at best he's been a speed bump. He's so bad in LoL he had to be given 3 million health to give players a challenge. This is your argument, just stop ffs, is maddeningly idiotic. ;)

P.S. Carnages special 1 uses the axe hands and y'all don't even recognize it when you talk about the posted pic. Do you even Carnage?
    edited July 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Can people stop posting ridiculous arguments? Please? Go an and be an idiot about how much you do not like something, be indignant about it, let the world know how much you do not like something. Cool you are bitter, awesome that must mean, what?

SL sucks he's never been an event boss, at best he's been a speed bump. He's so bad in LoL he had to be given 3 million health to give players a challenge. This is your argument, just stop ffs, is maddeningly idiotic. ;)

P.S. Carnages special 1 uses the axe hands and y'all don't even recognize it when you talk about the posted pic. Do you even Carnage?

Are you just a paid Kabam troll? I mean, seriously, all you do is play the role of apologist. But please, extoll upon us the virtues of Carnage. Tell us how we're using him poorly. Point out the many ways in which Carnage is a functional and feasible champ. Go and be a douchey contrarian and let the world know how much you like being putz. Cool you argue pathetic viewpoints, awesome that must mean, you're sad?

When you create a new quest with bosses set around a certain theme, that theme being Spidey bosses, and you leave out the most recently released Spidey boss, you gotta ask why? The easy answer, CARNAGE SUCKS and the challenge wouldn't be, well, a challenge if you got to wail on that chump.

P.S. - The axe hands appear as a blur that even on a screen shot is barely recognizable, not exactly a great representation of a classic characters classic feature. Also look at all that monster damage on that SP1. LOOK AT IT! HE'S SUCH A BEAST!!!

mDS12JW.png
    Another failed argument, you start off ad hom. What a joke you are.

Says the guy whose first paragraph was Ad Hom. Do you even Ad Hom bro?

Easy cop out for someone who can't argue the actual points ;)
    edited July 2017

Troll, troll troll troll troll. If you made actual points I could argue them.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    How can all of you complain so much about him? I will take carnage over colossus, Luke cage, Netflix DD, spider Gwen, etc. ANY DAY.

And yet that's exactly what you tried to do by, umm... trolling multiple times in this very thread. And yet you have failed to even provide a single valid counter argument.

Seriously, whats your argument here? Give us some redeeming values for Carnage or fly bye-bye :wink:
    How can all of you complain so much about him? I will take carnage over colossus, Luke cage, Netflix DD, spider Gwen, etc. ANY DAY.

Lumping him in with 5 of the lamest PHC champs in the game isn't a convincing argument. Also keep in mind that nobody was drooling to get any of those champs in the game. Carnage was the most requested character for a long time and they totally dropped the ball on him shortly before releasing an AMAZING version of yet another Spider Man

And yet that's exactly what you tried to do by, umm... trolling multiple times in this very thread. And yet you have failed to even provide a single valid counter argument.

Seriously, whats your argument here? Give us some redeeming values for Carnage or fly bye-bye :wink:
    Let me lay it out for you since you may actually be defective and incapable of understanding what you are doing.

1)You are repeatedly hating on something on the internet and posting on messages boards to show it.
    2)You are using sophistry.
    3)You rely on attacking character for arguments.
    4)You can not stop and continue on and on and on and on.

YOU ARE TROLLING! Cool bro troll On. Enjoy. However it's a level of trolling that is sad and pathetic to the point of maddening idiocy cause it's a freaking character in a game you cannot get past. Being empathetic it actually hurts me to read the espoused idiocy.

Now onto your "points".

By your Logic Spider Gwen is a challenge because She's featured in the spidey event. I'll let that sink in cause really you seem to be a little slow on the uptake.

Carnage is decent he is not a god. You are a troll. Water is wet. Your screenshot is disengenious that axe is featured more prominently thought his animation L1.
    ;)
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Don't turn this into an accusation thread, stop calling each other trolls.

Eat some Snickers or something, you ain't you when ya hungry.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    enough guys. These arguments are lame.

The fact of the matter is, Carnage sucks.
    He was poorly thought out and untested.

If he was a basic damage dealer, like BP. People would be happy.

If he had an interesting fight mechanic like Mordo, to make him useful of defence. People would be happy.

If he had any use at all, besides below par damage, people would probably be ok with that.

But he doesn't, so people are upset.
    This is increased by his fan favourite status.

I can't believe all you people defending him, are coming to these posts and complaining about other people's complaints.

If it upsets you so much, just don't click on the posts.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I don't agree he was poorly thought out. The design is unique and interesting. However, I definitely don't think he was tested in his present design. They dropped his base stats too much to make up for the buffs, and the timer for perma buffs is not needed (perma buff based on your current active short buff at the time of special would have worked). He could easily be solid with a couple small tweaks, testing should have caught this when functioning within a 3 minute timer.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Just watch the episodes on YouTube for classic carnage fighting Spiderman. It helps.