**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Trying to 100% 5.2 who is better to r5?

wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
Duped 4star hulk or duped wolverine? Wolvie is duped lvl 80 and hulk is duped lvl 20

Comments

• No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Probably hulk. Neither are game changers for 5.2. Hulk would probably be better to deal the most damage while managing bane so you'd have less cycles to deal with and once you get to collector before he smashes you to death after your first or 2nd combo.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    I was thinking maybe wolvie for that damn majik in 5.2.4
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    wSWeaponX wrote: »
    I was thinking maybe wolvie for that damn majik in 5.2.4

If you have a magik, she would be a great counter to her. If not, I don't know if wolvie is the answer or not, haven't tried him.
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    Can't use any champ that put buffs (Ie Wolvie's bleed or Hulk's stun) to Magik @5.2.4. It removes buff and trigger regen via buffet node. I used Magik vs Magik. Just have to suck up her first limbo and keep spamming S2 once the buffet timer goes off to accommodate power lock.

Another option I can think off is CapWW2. And of course Hulk may be the solution too. Dormammu with his medium atk is also possible but it's too slow imo. just don't use specials during buffet timer vs Magik. The regen+limbo is just ... sigh.. painful..

And please be reminded to recalibrate your team to include bleed immunes for outer paths @5.2.4 (caltrops) once you've cleared Magik at centre.
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    Guilly for Magik

Wolvie is one of the most powerful champs currently in the game. why wouldn't u r5 him unless you like spending units healing champs in AQ. Wolvie can rule map6 no deaths
    I wish I had a guillotine
    Can't use any champ that put buffs (Ie Wolvie's bleed or Hulk's stun) to Magik @5.2.4. It removes buff and trigger regen via buffet node. I used Magik vs Magik. Just have to suck up her first limbo and keep spamming S2 once the buffet timer goes off to accommodate power lock.

Another option I can think off is CapWW2. And of course Hulk may be the solution too. Dormammu with his medium atk is also possible but it's too slow imo. just don't use specials during buffet timer vs Magik. The regen+limbo is just ... sigh.. painful..

And please be reminded to recalibrate your team to include bleed immunes for outer paths @5.2.4 (caltrops) once you've cleared Magik at centre.

That's a good point I might wait to r4 my majik to do it. I was gonna use visión for the caltrops path
    Adzomatic wrote: »
    Guilly for Magik

Wolvie is one of the most powerful champs currently in the game. why wouldn't u r5 him unless you like spending units healing champs in AQ. Wolvie can rule map6 no deaths

I know, I know, I've been just procrastinating with bringing him up
    @Adzomatic I'm genuinely curious about the Gully option bs Magik in 5.2.4. Additional explanation or some insights from you will be highly appreciated.

Questions:
    How do you deal with increasing soul to Gully's ancestral blade? Increased crit damage will lacerate Magik (ie bleed) and in return trigger Buffet .
    So do you keep baiting Magik S1, and take time to build Gully S2?
    Does Gully S2 counter benefits from Buffet when it's active?

Again, thanks in advance
  • GwanNGwanN Posts: 10
    For 5.2 I would say definatly hulk. Specially considering that he can do a lot of dmg at low hp (and you will need revives at collector) . What I did was revive 20% +1 pot to get a little over 25%. U take a couple of block dmg when fury kicks in I combo him. With lucky u can hit a lucky stun and throw a couple more hits.

But in general wolwerine is more usefull. I would ratter lvl up wolwerine and use more revives for 5.2 if my rank ups were slow.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    @Adzomatic I'm genuinely curious about the Gully option bs Magik in 5.2.4. Additional explanation or some insights from you will be highly appreciated.

Questions:
    How do you deal with increasing soul to Gully's ancestral blade? Increased crit damage will lacerate Magik (ie bleed) and in return trigger Buffet .
    So do you keep baiting Magik S1, and take time to build Gully S2?
    Does Gully S2 counter benefits from Buffet when it's active?

Again, thanks in advance
    You want to trigger her Masochism before you hit her with Spectre, so that it is on Cooldown, which means fighting aggressively enough to build to an L2 before souls start to expire, and hit her with the L2. Once applied, trigger Buffet and Masochism as often as you can until it expires. She should take enough damage from attacks+Spectre to gain more souls for another round of L2. It's like a trickier old RoL Wolverine, kinda.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Sorry to tell you those champs are lame for 5.2. You need heavy hitters like hyperion, Thor, SW, Spidy SE, and rank 4 5 stars. Some like vision and ultron are excellent for 5.2.4. Get ready to spent units using those scrubs.
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    Yeah @Threedeadkings as @Amonthir has mentioned. Also you will probably still want a supporting champ going with you and also MD on Guilly will be very very helpful. If you die before killing magik you will want to use another champ to finish her, as Guilly will not build souls on doing any dmg to previously healed dmg in that fight. So basically you want Magik to be full health when you start using guilly
    I have a r5 majik max sig and a r2 duped 5 star, I'm gonna wait until I get the 5 star stronger before I try, I also have MD at 4
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208

"Hulk is a heavier hitter than Thor" - But isn't Thor, with Armor break, a more Effective hitter, doing more damage? Or is Hulk that much stronger?
  • SkylordSkylord Posts: 138
    Probably hulk. Neither are game changers for 5.2. Hulk would probably be better to deal the most damage while managing bane so you'd have less cycles to deal with and once you get to collector before he smashes you to death after your first or 2nd combo.

I have the 5* hulk sig 100 and he def came in handy, I've heard og DD is pretty useful as wll
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Thor is the best 5.2 even for catrolps
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Thor is the best 5.2 even for catrolps

Why do you say that? He's also an option for me to r5.
    I shall refrain from doubting you about Thor's usefulness for 5.2 in general but surely it is double suicide having Thor (a non bleed immune) to deal with both caltrops and masochism at 5.2.4? And just as Thor is now capped with x2AB, I honestly cannot fanthom how much actual damage Thor can deliver versus how much block chip/parry damage he has to take in comparison to say Iceman, Nebula or even a bugged Dommarmu. I sincerely cannot see Thor surviving over two fights on caltrops without summoners having to use heal pots or use revs for him.