**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Something should be done about Night Crawler in Alliance War.

Just to be clear, I don't think anything should be nerfed in Night Crawler's abilities or stats. He shouldn't change for players at all.

The problem is that the AI in the game can play Night Crawler like I could never dream of playing him. I'm seeing him used as a boss and subboss in Alliance War all the time, and he's difficult in a way that no other character is. It feels like we're getting closer and closer to everyone always using Night Crawler as the boss in war.

Yes, I know there are strategies for dealing with him. I've seen the video on youtube of someone forcing him out of that mode so he doesn't evade so much. It's just not a reliable strategy.

The problem isn't that he's overpowered, the problem is that the AI can play him much better than the AI can play other characters. That feels like AI cheating. The AI shouldn't be able to anticipate better than a human.

Comments

• VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    Swashbuckling is the key.. practice it more
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    Like I said, it's about how he compares to other champs. If the AI plays him better than it plays other champs, the practice that has to be put into playing him is practice we aren't getting to spend on other parts of the game.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Like I said, it's about how he compares to other champs. If the AI plays him better than it plays other champs, the practice that has to be put into playing him is practice we aren't getting to spend on other parts of the game.

You can simulate it rather easy though by dueling a max ranked NC with a 3*. It's a tough fight that will test your skills and ability to switch his modes.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Juat push him to Swashbuckling mode.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Yeah they should do something, like oh I don't know, actually fix the issue with his stance timer vanishing whilst hitting his block (yes it's still a thing). Oh and fix the evade/hit issue too.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    I have him as a 3 star. He is still a beast.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Magik is worse, r4 5* limbo life stealing almost 1000 hp per tick, mr platypus is right though at least fix the timer disappearing and evade hit, and I had him start evading whilst in swashbuckling mode a couple wars ago
  • YeezusYeezus Posts: 10
    Use his bamf which is dexterity he's pretty easy
    To play with worse when played AI
  • vucachonvucachon Posts: 104
    i'm tier2 AW and fought 4 NCs in a row, the 4th being unstunable. 1 was duped, 3 were not , all were 5/50. lost 0 champs. I dont do the stance switch thing. i suck at it. i just learned how to evade, anticipate, and have a bit more patience when facing him. If you need, just hit him with a 2 piece and block or dash back right away. He doesn't cheat like he used to, with his "evade-hits."

If you can't beat him like that... master the stance swapping thingymajigger.

The thing is... too many people have figured out how to beat him, kabam wont see it as a problem.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Parry, hit, repeat. Duh
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    Im one shot as boss when it is NC. Becasse No deg and No limbo so when im se a NC im just say yes Thx god not a Magik and dumamu. It only a undups NC im somtime time my dash in to him wil let me have to hit him 5 time and then im Somtimes dead bit Els ryle esay to kil
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Hit slowly and carefully, change his mode to swashbuckling if he dodges back and block, parry him if he's not the boss
    If you have Black Widow, Crossbones, Elektra, Doctor Voodoo then...
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    NC is a good fight, I'll give you that, but he is manageable. Learn how to get a hit in when he charges you. That sweet spot just before they attack. Then when he switches to swashbuckling, you golden. That's how I take him down when he is Boss.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    I feel like we already went through the nightcralwer phase as war boss we are now in the era of mystic bosses.. jugs and magik.. but there are ways to deal with nc.. if hes not on a left mini or main boss just parry and only strike while hes stunned which you will need to max out the stun length mastery.. also using crossbones with 4 furies nc will not evade.. and you can always make him switch stances its easier using fighters with long range specials
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    vucachon wrote: »
    i'm tier2 AW and fought 4 NCs in a row, the 4th being unstunable. 1 was duped, 3 were not , all were 5/50. lost 0 champs. I dont do the stance switch thing. i suck at it. i just learned how to evade, anticipate, and have a bit more patience when facing him. If you need, just hit him with a 2 piece and block or dash back right away. He doesn't cheat like he used to, with his "evade-hits."

If you can't beat him like that... master the stance swapping thingymajigger.

The thing is... too many people have figured out how to beat him, kabam wont see it as a problem.

Yes he does still evade-hit. I can't record it as I use an iPhone but if you attempt an intercept and NC (or anything with auto evade including all LoL opponents) evades it you'll get hit as he evades.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »
    Just to be clear, I don't think anything should be nerfed in Night Crawler's abilities or stats. He shouldn't change for players at all.

The problem is that the AI in the game can play Night Crawler like I could never dream of playing him. I'm seeing him used as a boss and subboss in Alliance War all the time, and he's difficult in a way that no other character is. It feels like we're getting closer and closer to everyone always using Night Crawler as the boss in war.

Yes, I know there are strategies for dealing with him. I've seen the video on youtube of someone forcing him out of that mode so he doesn't evade so much. It's just not a reliable strategy.

The problem isn't that he's overpowered, the problem is that the AI can play him much better than the AI can play other characters. That feels like AI cheating. The AI shouldn't be able to anticipate better than a human.

I know it is cliche but practice makes perfect. The only reliable way of beating him as a miniboss or boss is to get him to switch into swashbuckling mode. As you said there are videos out there that teach you how to do it. Keep practicing, it is not easy and to be honest you cannot always get him switched on your first try in a match either. Sometimes it takes a few tries in the match itself to switch him. But once he is switched he is so easy.
    And remember the AI is just as tough on your opponent as it is on you.

I tend to agree. However I also agree that the AI is quite extreme. I had him still Evade after switching to Swashbuckler this week. As you said, practice is key. I also see the OP's side because AI has been overly-ninja lately.