**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bluestacks or similar

Hope the admins see this;

I wonder if I can install Bluestacks for other games? Know it is against the rules to use it with mcoc, but is it possible to have it on my phone without getting banned?

Please respond, would like to play a couple of my games on my computer instead :)

Comments

• TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    Curious, what is bluestacks?
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Why would Kabam care if you have Bluestacks boi, as long as you dont play mcoc
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Timros wrote: »
    Curious, what is bluestacks?

An emulator, think it basically allows you to play the game on a PC. Don’t use it to play mcoc, you’ll get a permanent ban on your account.
  • TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    Ah, thank you.
  • NormanBJJ wrote: »
    Why would Kabam care if you have Bluestacks boi, as long as you dont play mcoc

Don't know, but sucks to be banned if they have some kind of script that runs with an update, and that see Bluestacks installed and automatically bans me.. would never use it for this game, been playing for years now, would suck to start all over :tongue:
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    This has come up before...bluestacks is not allowed. A simple search of the forums provides the thread below with a reply from a mod/admin.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/109650#Comment_109650
  • Is there any programs or ways to play MCoC on your computer that won't get u banned? I have absolutely no intentions on cheating, modding or hacking anything as I consider my time and money a considerable investment here. But it would be nice to have other options to play the game while my phone is charging & without dumping a few hundred dollars on a tablet.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Is there any programs or ways to play MCoC on your computer that won't get u banned? I have absolutely no intentions on cheating, modding or hacking anything as I consider my time and money a considerable investment here. But it would be nice to have other options to play the game while my phone is charging & without dumping a few hundred dollars on a tablet.

The only approved method of playing on PC is with an authentic Chromebook and approved Apps.
    To the OP, it is skeptical. Based on feedback posted, there have been reports of the software being detected and leading to action. I have no official confirmation, so it's word-of-mouth. Best option is to play it safe and not install anything that could be used to modify the game.
    If you're using Bluestacks for OTHER Games or Apps, we will not take action, but using Bluestacks to play MCOC is strictly against the Terms of Service.

Thanks for clarifying that.
  • wolfwolf Posts: 106
    edited October 2017
    Why would Kabam mind if you use Bluestacks to play other games?
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    wolf wrote: »
    Why would Kabam mind if you use Bluestacks to play other games?

They don't. Did you read the admin's reply?
    If you're using Bluestacks for OTHER Games or Apps, we will not take action, but using Bluestacks to play MCOC is strictly against the Terms of Service.

I don't think that they would mind if you're not modifying their game. I was uncertain whether it would be detected and suspected. As I said, I've only heard reports of software being the issue, and I take those with a grain of salt. Investigation is very thorough. It's allowed, as long as it isn't being used for MCOC.
  • If you're using Bluestacks for OTHER Games or Apps, we will not take action, but using Bluestacks to play MCOC is strictly against the Terms of Service.

Thank you! Would never waste years and dollars invested, and risk losing my account. But then I can play my racing games on PC, thanks again.
  • adamf9898adamf9898 Posts: 6
    what about other emulators for android on pc? is bluestacks the only emulator thats not allowed to play mcoc?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    adamf9898 wrote: »
    what about other emulators for android on pc? is bluestacks the only emulator thats not allowed to play mcoc?

No emulators. Period.

Why not get a cable to output to your monitor or tv instead? Big TV screen, no risk.

Apple lightning to HDMI or MHL to HDMI for Android are relatively cheap. The also come in handy for watching videos from your device on your TV (not all pass, but most that just mirror with out DMR).

• beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    But you cannot really play mcoc on bluestacks (unless you are very very fast with a mouse). So I am going to assume someone used it to automate bots.

And connecting the phone to a tv... not sure this is possible without some delay. Does anyone know. I tried using chromecast, but the delay is too much.
This discussion has been closed.