**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW ai recovering too fast to combo with certian characters.

i cant post a vid but i noticed in AW the ai was recovering fast enough to block in between the 4th and 5th hit of my combos when i used symbiote spider man and archangel and gwenpool versus old man logan and groot. idk if this is a known issue but its been happening to me since the blades patch.

Comments

• Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    This was happening to me in story quest 4.2.2 also. I assume it is intentional cheating by AI to make it harder. Also wonder if awful challenger rating function has an effect on this the way it also seems to reduce my frequency of activating effects/buffs.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    Challenger rating shouldn't have anything to do with recovery times or ability accuracy. It seems that AI routines and parameters are subject to constant tinkering rather than being sandboxed and not messed with without a deliberate act of God.
  • SkimbobborSkimbobbor Posts: 127
    Crine60 wrote: »
    This was happening to me in story quest 4.2.2 also. I assume it is intentional cheating by AI to make it harder. Also wonder if awful challenger rating function has an effect on this the way it also seems to reduce my frequency of activating effects/buffs.

I really dont buy the whole "intentional cheating AI" thing some people to think is a thing" this has not happened to me since the most recent patch but we arent doing different maps in AQ and are at basically the same place as last AW. i was mostly hoping to get info on if kabam was looking into this or not aware yet.
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109
    This has been the case for over a year. The AI has always been able to do things a player can’t.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    The AI recovery is much faster than your recovery will ever be.
    I do agree that it seems to have gotten faster for the AI as of the last update.
    There are just some champs that you cannot evade and attack immediately
    Like mags after his L1 or MM after her L2.
  • Redwulf67Redwulf67 Posts: 55
    The ai recovery thing I can deal with mostly, it's when the animations randomly change to hit you when it shouldnt I can't stand.

Like when a spinning roundhouse heavy like bw or sw dashes forward a couple feet when it starts or nebula or psylocke changes the angle of their sp1 decent to hit you when you are out of range
  • SkimbobborSkimbobbor Posts: 127
    @Stewman i never try to dodge and immediately attack its that im doing the 5 hit combo and in between the 4th and 5th hit the AI is able to block it and hit me before im able to do anything about itso like usually it would be "swipe tap tap tap swipe/tap. but right now its going swipe tap tap tap (enemy blocks and gets a combo)
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    War, arena, quest, you name it.
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    Skimbobbor wrote: »
    Crine60 wrote: »

I really dont buy the whole "intentional cheating AI" thing some people to think is a thing" this has not happened to me since the most recent patch but we arent doing different maps in AQ and are at basically the same place as last AW. i was mostly hoping to get info on if kabam was looking into this or not aware yet.

No offense but that is just naive. They are constantly tinkering/tweaking AI behavior and game mechanics to benefit the AI and it gets progressively worse in higher tiers of AQ/AW as the week goes on.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Skimbobbor wrote: »
    @Stewman i never try to dodge and immediately attack its that im doing the 5 hit combo and in between the 4th and 5th hit the AI is able to block it and hit me before im able to do anything about itso like usually it would be "swipe tap tap tap swipe/tap. but right now its going swipe tap tap tap (enemy blocks and gets a combo)

Gotcha. Can't say I've ran into that.