**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Where are all the T1 Alphas?

I remember a time when I was inundated with T1A and sold them for the gold. I use to have piles of them. Once Kabam decided to give you 180 T2A shards when you sell them, they reduced the drop rate or something. Every rank up seems to need T1A and yet the opportunity to get them has greatly reduced. My Alliance does 5x5 so pulling them in quest doesn't happen. I have resorted to using my Valor and Glory to purchase these. I don't know if I have ever pulled a fully formed T1A in a Greater Solo Crystal so that doesn't help me. Sure I receive a few passively from Alliance Events like Completion , Perfect Series, Item use, etc, but there should be more available at least in some of the solo events. Normally I can wait, but now Im at a point where T4CC expire faster than I can rank heros up. Besides grinding T1A Arena does anyone know another way to get more?

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    They were in milestone map 3 crystals from aq. You easily got 3-4 a week from those but they replaced them with glory and other map crystals in the higher tiers
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    so many have asked the same question... no response from any Kabam representative yet... *sob*
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    they are in the treasure boxes in the daily gold quest
  • raonraon Posts: 4
    Initially, we needed 1 t1alpha to take a 4* from 2->3, 3->4 and 2 to go from 4->5. So you needed 4 to max out a 4*. Also, t4cc was scarce which ensured that we had a surplus of t1a.
    When they introduced 5*s, the requirement for T1 alphas went up drastically. We need 5 just for 1->2. And 5 more for 2->3!
    With increased 5* shards being given out in the past couple of months, the t1a have not kept pace. I believe looking at the number of t1's sold prior to 5*s being more common prompted kabam to keep a high timer on t1a in the glory store. This needs to be revisited. Even moving the refresh timer to 1 day would improve availability.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    The reason we had so many when we were smaller was because we were running AQ map 3 all day. The Map 3 crystals drop a ton of T1A. As we got bigger, we got dependent on T4 basics, so we're running Map 5 all the time. Those crystals only drop T4 shards.

The problems is that after a while, you have to make the transition from ranking up your 4* champs to ranking up 5* which are T1A dependent but the natural progression of quests don't have those "lower tier" catalysts.

As it is setup if you want to focus on 5* champs, you actually have to take a step backwards in AQ maps.

If the progression of the game is to rank up 5* champs, then the game needs to be updated to put T1A in the same levels as T4B.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Its really annoying that t1as are holding up progression
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    The reason we had so many when we were smaller was because we were running AQ map 3 all day. The Map 3 crystals drop a ton of T1A. As we got bigger, we got dependent on T4 basics, so we're running Map 5 all the time. Those crystals only drop T4 shards.

The problems is that after a while, you have to make the transition from ranking up your 4* champs to ranking up 5* which are T1A dependent but the natural progression of quests don't have those "lower tier" catalysts.

As it is setup if you want to focus on 5* champs, you actually have to take a step backwards in AQ maps.

If the progression of the game is to rank up 5* champs, then the game needs to be updated to put T1A in the same levels as T4B.

They changed the rank rewards to all map 5 and 6 crystals. Before when you ran 5x5 you still get the lower map crystals as the week progressed, which was awesome. At this point I'd rather a map 3 crystal than another map 5.
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 291 ★★★
    Yeah it's ridiculous and almost embarassing to be begging for t1a's :// same with gold
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★

What’s a daily gold quest?
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    It's also annoying that these threads keep popping up and are ignored by Kabam.....
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    On the plus side, you can purchase T1A with glory and valor...
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    On the plus side, you can purchase T1A with glory and valor...

maybe I'm spoiled by the days of plenty because it hurts me to spend that much glory/ valor on a resource that was once so abundant. I need them for T4b!! And T2A!! And really, 5 to rank a 5 star, have to buy that many? Pfft
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »

What’s a daily gold quest?

I was just being a troll... don't think about it too hard
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Where I'm at currently the T1A's are expiring in stash while waiting on T4BC's.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I've seen this thread so many times, I've been trying to campaign an easy solution, make alpha arena have 2/3 as rewards, it's not like we would slog that to sell them, if we need this many to rank up 5*s what gonna happen to 6*s lol 20 alphas for a r2
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    I've seen this thread so many times, I've been trying to campaign an easy solution, make alpha arena have 2/3 as rewards, it's not like we would slog that to sell them, if we need this many to rank up 5*s what gonna happen to 6*s lol 20 alphas for a r2

I agree with you on this. Besides even if someone wanted to sell them for T2A, you only get 180 shards. That's nothing! I would grind for them if there were more. You get 1 at 800k. Give another at 1.25 Mill and another at 1.7mil or do a ranked based reward giving the top 10% a chance to earn another. All my glory and valor goes towards T1A. Once you run out it takes a week just to take 1 5* to R2. Who has time for that?
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Including them in the AQ map 5 weekly rewards would help.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Personally, I don't think the problem is with t1 alpha availability, it is with the t1 alpha costs to upgrade 5* champs. There's always going to be a bottle neck somewhere, and people will always complain about the bottle neck where ever it is, but the t1 alpha costs seem out of whack even if you didn't have any idea what the in-game availability of them was.

The costs to rank up a 5* champion to rank 3 is 6 T4B, 3 T4CC, 10 T1A and 2 T2A (I'm ignoring the lower cats here for simplicity). The costs to rank up a 4* to similar rank, in this case rank 5, is 8 T4B, 3 T4CC, and 4 T1A. The resources are similar aside from the 5* T2A requirement, except T1A is wildly different. Any amount from two to six would seem to be roughly in line with some kind of scaling resource cost, but ten is off the chart. And it is that large imbalance between the t1 alpha costs and the other resource costs for 5* champs that creates the huge t1a bottleneck.

I would be perfectly happy if they reduced the t1a rank up costs for 5* champs to be 2 t1a for 1->2, 3 t1a for 2->3, and 4 t1a for 3->4. That would make the total t1a costs for ranking 5* champs be a total of 5 to get from rank 1 to rank 3, and a total of 9 to get from rank 1 to rank 4, compared to the current requirement of 16.

That would be more in line with the resource cost ratios for 4* champions, just higher than 4*. But with similar ratios, there wouldn't be a dramatic shift in bottleneck moving from ranking 4* champs to 5* champs. It would just require more resources, but not radically different ratios of resources.

Might want to check that again. The requirements to rank 3 a 5* are 4 t4 basic, 3 t4 class, and 5 t1 alpha, and no t2 alpha. You are thinking of the resources to rank 4 a 5* which is 6 t4 basic, 4 t4 class, 6 t1 alpha, and 4 t2 alpha. Besides taking a 5* to rank 3 is like taking a 4* to rank 5.
  • AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    OhGodYes wrote: »
    Speeds80 wrote: »

I agree with you on this. Besides even if someone wanted to sell them for T2A, you only get 180 shards. That's nothing! I would grind for them if there were more. You get 1 at 800k. Give another at 1.25 Mill and another at 1.7mil or do a ranked based reward giving the top 10% a chance to earn another. All my glory and valor goes towards T1A. Once you run out it takes a week just to take 1 5* to R2. Who has time for that?

i ran alpha arena for 2.3m and i got rank 200 only, u nid to be rank 50 and below to get extra t1A which is crazy...
    Completely agree with @DNA3000
    The T1A cost to rank a 5 star (any rank) is astronomical and should be lower. T4b is already a greatly limited resource, we don't need T1A also holding us back. I can't even rank 3 my 4 star anymore because I can't spare the T1A. I am ranking 4* over 5* because I need to use the t4cc expiring and don't have the T1A
  • Thawnim wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Personally, I don't think the problem is with t1 alpha availability, it is with the t1 alpha costs to upgrade 5* champs. There's always going to be a bottle neck somewhere, and people will always complain about the bottle neck where ever it is, but the t1 alpha costs seem out of whack even if you didn't have any idea what the in-game availability of them was.

The costs to rank up a 5* champion to rank 3 is 6 T4B, 3 T4CC, 10 T1A and 2 T2A (I'm ignoring the lower cats here for simplicity). The costs to rank up a 4* to similar rank, in this case rank 5, is 8 T4B, 3 T4CC, and 4 T1A. The resources are similar aside from the 5* T2A requirement, except T1A is wildly different. Any amount from two to six would seem to be roughly in line with some kind of scaling resource cost, but ten is off the chart. And it is that large imbalance between the t1 alpha costs and the other resource costs for 5* champs that creates the huge t1a bottleneck.

I would be perfectly happy if they reduced the t1a rank up costs for 5* champs to be 2 t1a for 1->2, 3 t1a for 2->3, and 4 t1a for 3->4. That would make the total t1a costs for ranking 5* champs be a total of 5 to get from rank 1 to rank 3, and a total of 9 to get from rank 1 to rank 4, compared to the current requirement of 16.

That would be more in line with the resource cost ratios for 4* champions, just higher than 4*. But with similar ratios, there wouldn't be a dramatic shift in bottleneck moving from ranking 4* champs to 5* champs. It would just require more resources, but not radically different ratios of resources.

Might want to check that again. The requirements to rank 3 a 5* are 4 t4 basic, 3 t4 class, and 5 t1 alpha, and no t2 alpha. You are thinking of the resources to rank 4 a 5* which is 6 t4 basic, 4 t4 class, 6 t1 alpha, and 4 t2 alpha. Besides taking a 5* to rank 3 is like taking a 4* to rank 5.

I don't know why my brain malfunctioned and threw those T2As in there, but I was referring to the cost to rank up to rank 3, not rank 2 to rank 3. 2 T4B, 3 T3B, 5 T1A from rank 1 to rank 2, and then 4 T4B, 3 T4CC, and 5 T1A from rank 2 to rank 3, for a total of 6 T4B, 3 T3B, 3 T4CC, and 10 T1A.
    Vanni wrote: »
    I have 8 T4ccs per type in my inventory and 2-3 of diff colours in my stash, ready to expire, Reason being i can barely, and i say barely, keep up with t4bs, but i CANNOT keep up with t1alphas. having to lose hard earned class cats for the lack of A1s is riddicolous, even more if i even bother to run the specific arena.

Make the arena award t1as as milestones, at least 2-3 of them per arena.

I have to hoard anything that gives T4CC because I'm afraid i'll keep putting T4CC in my stash. I'm then at the mercy of trying to rank up a champion I may not want to rank up just to save the T4CC before it expires...It has been an endless struggle...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm letting t4cc expire in my stash because it isn't worth burning the alphas and basics to rank a marginal champ. Don't care about the gold. T4 basics can go quick also but T1 alphas are the biggest bottleneck for me. Does anything even give T1 alpha frags anymore? I've had 1/2 an alpha in fragments for ages but nothing I do gives out fragments. Anyway, I don't need to have 10 in my stash like I used to (although what's the point of being able to sell them for T2 frags if you never have any to sell?) but I wish Kabam would ease up on the choke hold a bit.
    I'm letting t4cc expire in my stash because it isn't worth burning the alphas and basics to rank a marginal champ. Don't care about the gold. T4 basics can go quick also but T1 alphas are the biggest bottleneck for me. Does anything even give T1 alpha frags anymore? I've had 1/2 an alpha in fragments for ages but nothing I do gives out fragments. Anyway, I don't need to have 10 in my stash like I used to (although what's the point of being able to sell them for T2 frags if you never have any to sell?) but I wish Kabam would ease up on the choke hold a bit.

I cant remember the last time I received T1A Frags....
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Yea I have basics and t4cc expiring in stash cuz I need t1a... I buy 3 a week in glory store too
    Please baby Jesus let their be a T1 Alpha offer this holiest of cyber Monday’s!!!!
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Please baby Jesus let their be a T1 Alpha offer this holiest of cyber Monday’s!!!!

You'll get one when you buy an offer that useless for £100
    edited November 2017
    Not a single T1 Alpha was offered.... Why are you punishing me Kabam? I need them to use up all my t4cc!v4y2i1h0ilq5.png
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    The_One wrote: »

You'll get one when you buy an offer that useless for £100

I was wrong, you even get one.
    Lol