**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Accidentally recorded an impossible AI parry

GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Was testing Quake, and gotta say, great work on the aftershock fix, finally scales the way it should, but also during the same fight i recorded an impossible AI parry, he was dashing back and parried the same time, around the 0.34 mark
https://youtu.be/5cZ51HbJckI

Comments

• BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Whaaaattt?
  • NekrosonarNekrosonar Posts: 34
    lol that's messed up!
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I don't think he dodged back and parried at same time. Looks to me like he parried your heavy and the force of Quake's heavy pushed him back as he continued thru the block/parry
  • Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    WOW.. the heck is wrong with this update?! The list of messed up things keeps growing by the hour.
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51
    Her special pushed him back, so it looks like he just parried the special.
  • Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    _noyes wrote: »

Might want to double check that.
    mlb7u5p0ye4a.png
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★

mlb7u5p0ye4a.png

0eonng3g5bxq.png
    Might want to triple check that.
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51

mlb7u5p0ye4a.png

This screen shot shows he is blocking the entire time (hence the energy shield) and there is no dash back animation, which looks like this:

u48ck0sfzgqy.png
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Look, this is what happened: Only gonna talk about the 34 second mark

Quake gets hit by Mordo's L1. Quake then throws in an L1 just as Mordo finishes throwing a medium attack at her. By that time, he has recovered fast enough to initiate a block at the split second time of impact, which results in the parry. Quake's L1 knocks him back, because reality check, there are special attacks that are known to knock back enemies a great distance when hit (regardless blocked or not), and Quake's L1 is one of them, which gives the impression Mordo evaded then parry, when in reality, Mordo already parried and was pushed back.
    5ey4zz010coq.png

The only thing worth "complaining" is Mordo's recovery time, but at the same time, it could be argued that you didn't throw in the L1 fast enough. Nonetheless, the issue is not an impossible parry at this point.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I slowed it down to x0.25 and watched a few times, and do many stopping in between, and I saw the same as what @Rotmgmoddy accurately described. I didn't read the comment until I finished watching the video few rounds myself, to avoid being influenced or swing my observation.

This screenshot is a fraction of seconds after the one captured by Rotmgmoody, showing the exact point of Mordo's super fast recovery and the 1st instant his BLOCKING SHIELD appears in front of him to block QUAKE's SP1, and subsequently got pushed back a very long distance to the right, and in the whole process he's body movement did NOT show that he is doing any dash-back move

tz89mvt1is3a.png