**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It was Very Personal and I'm Extremely Offended
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    that sounds problematic
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    At least grounded kinda understands now this thread is about the bad idea about crystals. I mean I thought I would take a look back and there were still comments just arguing with each other, the worst thing is everytime I would say a comment that would derail a conversion I get closer to being banned whereas you guys talking about haircuts and personal attacks don't bother them but this also makes sense anything to divert the topic to something else in this specific thread would make them think we forgot about their terrible idea.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Maybe so but I am VERY OFFENDED at the personal attack lmao

That wasn't a personal attack. It means the comment was a spin on the subject.

Funny, it's basically what I asked you to do and I was very explicit asking for a straightforward answer. I gave you the opportunity multiple times.
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    If I had to sum this change up in one sentence: If it ain't broken, it don't need fixin'.

The featured crystal now is good the way it is. Players seem pretty content with it; satisfied you might say. Sure there may have been cases were an unlucky Youtuber or player goes 0/5, 0/11 and so on but they never blamed the crystal itself. They blamed RNG, luck, chance, fortune, whatever you want to call it. Not the crystal itself. I don't really recall anyone calling for a huge overhaul to the current featured crystal (besides a few guys here and there maybe) and so by deduction, it reveals an important piece of information:

It tells you that most, not all, most, players are OK with the current status of the featured crystal and don't feel the need for any change.

However, I'd like to admit that I've never personally purchased the 15,000 shard Featured Crystal (as my luck is absolutely abominable and I'd rather not test it) so you are welcome to dismiss my opinion as stupid, uneducated or lacking evidence and that's completely fair and fine by me. Although, I'd like to add that changes to the game are required for it to stay healthy and fresh. However, change the game where needs to be changed like subpar champions and bug fixing; don't change the game solely because you can, want and/ or have the power to. Put the needs in front of the wants and guaranteed you'll have happy customers and an even happier player base! :smiley:
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Can't believe people get trolled by the king of trolls in every thread. STOP IT! IGNORE HIM!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    RedRooster wrote: »
    Maybe so but I am VERY OFFENDED at the personal attack lmao

That wasn't a personal attack. It means the comment was a spin on the subject.

Funny, it's basically what I asked you to do and I was very explicit asking for a straightforward answer. I gave you the opportunity multiple times.

I answered your question. You asked if I thought it was better. I said better depends on the perspective. I said it was a viable option and that I understand the reasons. Better in what sense? Better for people trying to get a new Champ, or better than the current system? If the answer you're looking for is overall better, then that would ultimately be a yes. At least on paper. We have yet to see it circulated. The distinction is important because what is best for the state of the Crystals isn't necessarily what people want. I've given you replies multiple times now. I respond in the way I think. I cannot and will not be interviewed 20/20-style.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    There is no point talking to Gw. He has said in the past that someone on act 2 has just as valid an opinion as I (someone on act 5) do when we’re talking about act 5.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    There is no point talking to Gw. He has said in the past that someone on act 2 has just as valid an opinion as I (someone on act 5) do when we’re talking about act 5.

Just ignore him. I did... feels so much better now, he even showed me how to do it earlier in this thread.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Cute, another thread that players keep talking in for weeks while Kabam keeps it contained to a single thread to make it easier to ignore.

Decision is made fellas, they didn’t like us having so much of a chance to dictate our roster as they continue to increase 5* shard output.
    Cute, another thread that players keep talking in for weeks while Kabam keeps it contained to a single thread to make it easier to ignore.

Decision is made fellas, they didn’t like us having so much of a chance to dictate our roster as they continue to increase 5* shard output.

Well firstly, most of this thread is “someone” crying victim. And secondly, the decision isn’t necessarily made yet, like with those arena changes if people protest enough then kabam could change their mind. I don’t think they will but there’s a chance
    The new feature crystal wouldn't be so bad if 5* arenas were coming very soon and the supply of 5* shards was greatly increased.

By itself this crystal is very bad for us. We need to know what else in the works that can justify these new changes.
    ^u'll need more than twice that to maybe get the feature u want
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    Mets17 wrote: »
    So is it worth it 2 open my 5* crystals in Feb or wait later on?s08dn4wzrq4x.png

Question is, do you want 15 **** champs or 10 **** champs? Ok, 15 **** champs or 9 **** champs and 1 Blade?

😊
  • Ja1970Ja1970 Posts: 114
    Very good changes, this will bring balance to the game, i am personally looking forward to this. And yes i have pulled god tier 5* champions, and recognize the difference it makes to a players progression in this game
  • This new feautured 5* crystal is not featured at all.here is the future,waste of units/money on fgmc and gmc crystals.i feel so bad,when i watch this video.poor Lagacy :(

• Ja1970 wrote: »
    Very good changes, this will bring balance to the game, i am personally looking forward to this. And yes i have pulled god tier 5* champions, and recognize the difference it makes to a players progression in this game

is that a balance,when you can't use the t2 alpha,because you are full of useless 5* heroes,like antman and spidergwen and you have to suffer with 4* heroes in aq,aw,act 5 and in the uncollected event quest?i do not think so.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Will a featured 6* crystal come out soon then?

If 5* are the new 4* etc...
  • SignumSignum Posts: 133
    I would have too look at the hero pool, but I do think this may have the possibility of being a good change, or a step in the right direction. There is a fair chance to get any of the 24 heros and you would know which 24 heros they are. The current featured has an assumed 20% and we really aren't too sure what else is in there but I have seen some **** champs pulled from those. I personally prefer the second crystal, even though I have finished act 5 and have 3 gems, I feel like I won't cringe as much next time I open a featured 5 star crystal because I know exactly what's in there and what my odds are. Kudos to apple.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Get what you mean but the way the 18 basics were put in was kinda bad I mean look how many us don't like most of the basics we know who is the most effective so why on earth do they act like they know what's best for us? Anyway this clearly won't be changed since money comes first so I personally am just gonna just my shards for the second pool hoping it is better.
    It's not about the most effective at all. They're looking at the data and avoiding the least effective based on what they're finding. Which means anything else can be included. People might have an opinion one way or another, but the data shows what it shows.
    It's not about the most effective at all. They're looking at the data and avoiding the least effective based on what they're finding. Which means anything else can be included. People might have an opinion one way or another, but the data shows what it shows.

And data can be used to lie, meaning that it shows nothing significant
  • HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    All these bickering are way off topic from the actual matter, let's not to help burying our oppositions to this changes. There is always going to be some people who think they know what's in Kabam's mind and argue against the majority for the sake of arguing. Let's focus, it's clear that the majority have voiced their opposition to the change, let's make sure that Kabam sees this as representation of the wisdom of the crowd and hope to force them to revisit the matter.

#focus #kabamisthebadguy #newfeaturecrystalsucks

And data can be used to lie, meaning that it shows nothing significant

Data doesn't lie. It shows the actual usage of the Champs. When examining the effectiveness of Champs, that's about as significant and impartial as it gets. There is a difference between general concensus on who is good and who is not, and the actual performance data.
    TL:DR - Just because Top Tier Players think that half the Roster sucks doesn't mean that will reflect in the data. The efficiency of a Champ is more than just one area of the game.