**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Modok auto block causing parry [Under Investigation]

THE_BmannyTHE_Bmanny Posts: 15
edited January 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I searched the forum and didn’t find any acknowledgement of his auto block causing parry. In fact, his ability description specifically states it doesn’t cause parry (unlike Medusa). This also only seems to be happening in aw. Not questing (no masteries) or duels. We can handle some bs but getting 1 shotted by a bug is beyond frustrating and expensive. Please advise. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    His auto-block doesn't trigger parry. He only auto-blocks 2x hits from your combo.
    What is happening, is that he is removing his own auto-block and triggering his normal block in the middle of your combo. Since it is a well-timed block, it causes parry

This.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited January 2018
    No, his auto-block can still trigger parry right now.

Red = auto-block
    Blue = regular block
    nyj81jfpx458.jpeg
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    The color of the shield is just a color. It doesn't identifies which block is he triggering.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    The color of the shield is just a color. It doesn't identifies which block is he triggering.
    Then explain this.
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    jirg5y9b5mer.png
    faqinz95vd81.gif
  • Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    His auto-block doesn't trigger parry. He only auto-blocks 2x hits from your combo.
    What is happening, is that he is removing his own auto-block and triggering his normal block in the middle of your combo. Since it is a well-timed block, it causes parry

The second block being well timed and therefore triggering parry doesn't make sense. He'd be hit stunned the same as every other champion is while hitting their block. The same logic also applies to stand your ground and parry working together to parry champions with rapid multiple hit heavies like Archangel, Electra, and X-23.
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Dear @Kabam Miike
    Please see this MODOK fight. you will see how he parry on auto block:
    Times:
    • 9:40
    • 9:59
    • 12:18

I will create slow motion video to show it better:

https://youtu.be/oYYqSSNLAi4?t=9m39s
  • My five star hero is so strong it beat a 100,000 four star
  • DoofinatorDoofinator Posts: 23
    Please fix this. I saw another thread on this a while back and it’s still “being investigated”. This is a fairly major issue. He’s cheap enough without adding bugs to give him more buffs.
    For what it’s worth, also can confirm. Autoblock triggers parry.
  • Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    Ok ,, so I wasn’t interested in this post until I faced modok in aw as boss
    I was getting parried in mid combo and for some reason his sp1 was unblockable....lol
  • Plz Kabam, just played an arena, had lags and MODOK parried me when auto blocking. Please fix the game next patch.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Modok Miniboss in AW just parried me time after time on the second hit in a combo - just like people reported above his autoblock somehow isn't counting as an action so when he normal blocks the second hit it acts like a well timed block and you get parried. Please fix this as soon as possible.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I put my rank 4 5* MODOK on AW boss node today.
    He got 11 kills and still had 75% health.
    Great for us, it won us the war because they couldn't get him down but not really fair if it's a bug
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Any update on this? Status immune modok auto block/parry first hit is not fun and interactive
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Why can he evade while I’m comboing him and then hit me back? He’s not listed as an evade champ
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    He can evade via Dexterity as he auto blocks because it is not applying the proper delay to MODOK when he does so. As such, he can immediately dodge back and charge in for a combo. Similarly with parry, he has no ‘block stun’ and the AI can instantly Block next hit in such a way that triggers parry.
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    edited January 2018
    I don't think people realized the whole bug. Modok isn't only doing a parry with auto block, he is doing parry even with block in the middle of a combo.

This video that arni2 did you can see that happening at 8:40
    https://youtu.be/IYwSsvHim8o
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    MODOK's got quite an issue with a high chance of SOMEHOW parrying on the hit after the autoblock hit. It's like in between the first and second hit, he is able to unblock and block within that small time frame to parry. It's rubbish really, I just got killed by him because of that.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Rotmgmoddy. It's being worked on, and should be fixed soon. Thanks!
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    we got a war with modok boss and 4 minibosses today, thanks kabam
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @Run477. This currently looks like it will be fixed in 17.1, but I will of course update you all if anything changes with that. Thanks again for bearing with us.

We are using currently 16.1.0 version, and this fix will be in 17.1 .... so is this means that 17.1 is the next version or is there any other versions also coming in between. When Hela has an bug which was causing a lot of damage to AI through synergies, to fix that issue or bug did we waited for a release? Or it got fixed over night , when we have identified that modok has a bug or issue which is causing damage to our champ , do we have to wait for the next upcoming release.

What is the logic behind this ... I don’t mind fighting with a character which has bugs ... also I can revive, use potions just to beat this buggy character.... but is this the right approach that we all should follow.

I am confused, or I just keep my eyes close and play and act like I didn’t even know what’s wrong with Modok”
  • GregorGregor Posts: 25
    Just happened to me. MODOK as AW Boss parried me to death.
    Also he's able to use specials while you hit him on the block!
    Please, fix this hero.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    @Xthea9 makes a great point with Hela. Kabam found out that hela synergy with Loki could wreck lol and it was immediately fixed. What irritates me is that it seems like you guys have a fix, but then you hold onto it until a “release” when you know everyone is frustrated. But if it’s a bug that makes the game less costly, it doesn’t need to wait for the next version.
  • ScarredPoolScarredPool Posts: 56
    edited February 2018
    @Kabam Miike when can we expect a fix to this. Was kinda hoping that it would be included in today’s rollout. That parry on auto block is pretty nasty. Losing champs in a fight where the window of attack is basically negligible and loaded odds makes me not want to continue playing war.
  • @Kabam Wolf any further updates on this issue?