**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Aw down again

How long will aw be down

Comments

• SkxxxtySkxxxty Posts: 86
    i7vc2kx3lq5u.png
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Skxxxty wrote: »
    i7vc2kx3lq5u.png

Until Wednesday. Alliance wars are always disabled at Sunday at 7PM PST.
  • SkxxxtySkxxxty Posts: 86
    I thought the seasons would make it more fluid, guess not
  • bedellionbedellion Posts: 12
    How long will aw be down

Must be an error, started war the other day no problem in last 12 hours of attack phase now...
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    War always goes down Sunday night, always returns wednesday midday (relative to EST). It is not an error, and there were never any plans to change this.

Edit: War Matchmaking*
  • bedellionbedellion Posts: 12
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    War always goes down Sunday night, always returns wednesday midday (relative to EST). It is not an error, and there were never any plans to change this.

Edit: War Matchmaking*

makes sense, would of started match making right before it went down..
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    How does anyone not know it goes down the same time every sunday and then comes back Wednesday? It's only been doing it since day 1. Plus you get a in game message stating it a few days before it happens
    I thought the seasons would make it more fluid, guess not

It is fluid, it has been like this over a year. Why change it now?
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    420sam wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    How does anyone not know it goes down the same time every sunday and then comes back Wednesday? It's only been doing it since day 1. Plus you get a in game message stating it a few days before it happens

Well technically that is not true. When it was first rolled out they actually ran it continuously before moving it down to the current format. Remember they used to even have a team event with milestones that ran over the course of a week that if you managed to get 4 war victories in a week then you could get 5* shards.

I don't remember that at all.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Stewman wrote: »

Well technically that is not true. When it was first rolled out they actually ran it continuously before moving it down to the current format. Remember they used to even have a team event with milestones that ran over the course of a week that if you managed to get 4 war victories in a week then you could get 5* shards.

I don't either. And I've been playing since before AW.
    edited February 2018

That might have been a part of the testing phase. I cannot remember, but there was definitely an individual event related to wins back over a year a ago.

FYI
    https://mbch.guide/en/articles/izmeneniya-v-vojne-ot-4-maya/
    It is obviously a cut and paste from the old forum site. Not sure if you can find the same info there. Still not 100% sure if it was a part of the testing process for wars though either.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Tomorrow
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★

That might have been a part of the testing phase. I cannot remember, but there was definitely an individual event related to wins back over a year a ago.

FYI
    https://mbch.guide/en/articles/izmeneniya-v-vojne-ot-4-maya/
    It is obviously a cut and paste from the old forum site. Not sure if you can find the same info there. Still not 100% sure if it was a part of the testing process for wars though either.

I remember that. Also reminds me of the good ole days when 2* wars were possible. :)
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    @420sam Good find. And the old forums are gone. It was hosted on wonderhill and seems to no longer be accessible now.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    They didn't always do maintenance every Tuesday. Shutting down matchmaking ensures that people don't complain about longer than expected maintenance during war attack.