**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mid-Quest Substitute Champ Slot

AMFAMF Posts: 83
edited February 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
How often do we choose our best, most powerful champs to go questing only to realize mid-quest (or near the end) that we need that specific (albeit less powerful/popular) champ with that specific utility to take down a certain node/opponent? I thought of this when I faced that dumb tree on a ridiculous regen node in Trials of the King and I couldn't inhibit said regen with my Archangel (obviously). All I kept thinking was, "Man, that Loki's buff steal would really come in handy right now!" As most would agree, Loki ain't the most useful champ, but in certain cases he can be very utile. There are many other champs about whom this could be said, like Daredevil, Quake, Ronan, etc.

So, I humbly request that Kabam give us an option to sub in one champ in exchange for another champ ONCE in every quest (except in AQ and AW). Like most team athletic contests. This would mean we won't have to quit mid-quest, having used a whole bunch of energy for naught. And even more importantly, we won't lose our opportunity to finish a quest in those limited-attempt quests like Trials of the King because we don't have a certain champ on our team.

What say you, Kabam forum?

Mid-Quest Substitute Champ Slot 50 votes

Good idea; please make it happen, Kabam!
20%
Jh_DezHotCarlosVision_41KINGLEOnIHSEAN1haunted_memorySKK65RajutedaBahamutBhokaaaaaaal 10 votes
Bad idea; maybe you shouldn't bring SL, Sparky, AA, Blade, and Iceman to every dang quest!
80%
tlhNevvBRagamugginGunnersuperunknown012SolswerdWhododo872BigMoLeNoirFaineantstakFrostydangerbluDropfaithChris_L_HDrenlinPrimmer79wSWeaponXphillgreenKaty_CandyFoxhero007Sungj 40 votes

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Bad idea; maybe you shouldn't bring SL, Sparky, AA, Blade, and Iceman to every dang quest!
    You should probably keep a Utility champ in the team, no matter the situation.

Even though I have other better champs, i still carry around my Vision AOU because you never know in such contests, where it is impossible to know the nodes before you go in.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I just bring Magik, GR, Blade, Iceman, and AA to every quest.

Seriously though, you should consider bringing:
    Double Immunity champ
    Hard Hitter (can be subbed for Ability reducer)
    Power Controller
    Healer
    Heal Blocker

Then whatever else you can fit in those slots and still cover the bases.
    Many champs do multiple of these things and more but I personally consider this "base".
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I just bring Magik, GR, Blade, Iceman, and AA to every quest.

Seriously though, you should consider bringing:
    Double Immunity champ
    Hard Hitter (can be subbed for Ability reducer)
    Power Controller
    Healer
    Heal Blocker

Then whatever else you can fit in those slots and still cover the bases.
    Many champs do multiple of these things and more but I personally consider this "base".

Exactly, looking at OPs team, he just seems to focus on Attack based champs. Given that Iceman has some immunity but certainly there is lack of utility champ. As an example, I dont see how any of them would stand against a Hyperion on power gain node. (You can certainly work around it, but man it is going to be a lot of baiting)
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    My normal questing team consists of all 4*'s 5/50. 2 Regen Champs, 1 bleed, 1 Armor Break, and at least 1 hard hitter.
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    It would be better if we were able o=to add another champ but not fight with them and they are just there for Bonuses. This would allow us to have champs like professor X who is not in the game because it would be a problem to beat up a guy in a wheelchair. Or maybe slobber chops Because if you beat up a dog then you are the worst person in the word. For example, Professor X could increase armor by x% and slobber chops could increase attack by x%
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    That’s kinda the point of trials of the king. Bring champs that would suit the situation. Kabam have u nodes and possible champs, so u gotta take some risks. Any other quest u should look around first before jumping in (and if it’s 5.4 or lab (cam lock), you should have researched everyone you will face)
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    You should scout ahead all the nodes and buffs on your chosen path before starting down that path. If you don't have the right champs, exit and edit your team.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Its the second week, you know regen day will have a groot, mesmerise will have a bugged mordo or BPCW and so forth.

Its not a quest where you can blade your way through everything (unless you can) so spread the team out over multiple abilities.

I've completed every day using less than optimal champs and don't have anyone from your list except a 4/40 AA.
  • AMFAMF Posts: 83
    Geez you guys, way to dump a Siberian lake-full of cold water on my idea. I did not think I would get such resounding unanimity from the community. After this I'll run for US congress.

As for my champs, I do variegate. For instance, I take Doc Voodoo, Ultron, Agent Venom, Hulk, etc. on many quests. And I do scout paths before champ selection. But, sometimes, with hidden nodes and single-attempt quests, I just feel like hell being forced to quit just because I'm missing just one champ.

@The1_NuclearOnion : I actually do take your suggestions into consideration all the time and do my best to variegate my team for optimal functionality.

For example...

For Double Immunity champ I often take Ultron, Iceman, Luke Cage (now that he's respectably improved)
    For Hard Hitter (can be subbed for Ability reducer) I take Angela, Archangel, Hulk, SL
    For Power Controller I take Doc Voodoo, SL
    For Healer I take Doc Voodoo, Ultron
    For Heal Blocker I take Archangel, Doc Voodoo (ability reduction), SL

Also, I don't use Blade much because he's unduped. Additionally, I don't wanna invest in him, only to see Kabam "adjust" him later on.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    You should scout ahead all the nodes and buffs on your chosen path before starting down that path. If you don't have the right champs, exit and edit your team.

OP specifically mentioned limited entry events as well. Which prevent you from re-entry, you are locked out if you exit.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I don’t think you should call SL a healblocker and powercontroller. I know he does both but it’s completely random and super useless against something like an Hyperion on a powergain node.
    @Gwendoline : You are right. But there is always that 0.25 likelihood that I'll get the most needed status effect from SL's Sp2. Those odds are way better than the odds of getting top prizes from crystals :smile:

Not necessarily reliable but a fighting chance when in a pinch. I pretty much take SL everywhere except on quests that are crowded by those nasty "Safeguard" nodes
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I like to use GP for power control. She obviously sucks against Mordo, can’t stop his regen and her random stun screws her, but against Hyperion she’s great because even if he doesn’t throw his specials (and he’s really easy to bait) she’ll always survive his special.

But when I really need someone to powerdrain, I take one of my Visions or Rogue into the fight.
  • AnuragsahaAnuragsaha Posts: 37
    I know this is off-topic, but your English is really good OP. Are you an English teacher?

About your question- the idea seems fun. However, Kabam wont input it into the game. They want you to open more crystals and get desired champs to beat some tough content. For eg, unless you have Guillotine/SL etc. you cannot beat RoL Wolverine. Allowing players to switch mid-quest will harm their revenue. It would be a cool feature, but thats not happening
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Side note: This used to be possible in a way that is no longer allowed. :).

This was several revisions back but IF you started a quest an hour before war attack phase, you could use champs that you placed in defense for AW. Half way into the quest, you could wait for war to start which at that time locked your defense champs and would actually leave a blank space in the quest an prompt you to select another champ to fill the spot.
    Hasn't worked that way in while but figured I'd throw it out there.

Now you can just finish the quest with those champs and then they are locked for further use.
    @Gwendoline : I have none of those champs. My only reliable power-controller is DV. I actually have a Tech awakening gem saved up to use on classic Vision, should i find one. Do you know if he's in the general pool of 4* champs?

@Anuragsaha : Thank you. And, no, I am not a teacher. I'm in HR. I just read plenty of classic English literature. Funny you mentioned RoL Wolvy: I actually quit RoL because of him once. I couldn't do much about his regen back then because my SL and AA were unduped, and I didn't have Guillotine.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It takes like 10 sec to scout a path and make a plan. Kabam shouldn't give people who don't think a crutch.
    @RagamugginGunner :

MarzGroove wrote: »

OP specifically mentioned limited entry events as well. Which prevent you from re-entry, you are locked out if you exit.
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 67
    Good idea; please make it happen, Kabam!
    There should be an option to replace a champ that has not yet been used in a particular quest.