**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Quake Stealth Nerf, why?

LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
Is no one going to mention the stealth nerf that happened to Quake with the recent big update? It seems that Willpower is now triggered by Concussions. It's taking me close to 3 minutes now to take on minibosses with her if they have the Willpower mastery unlocked (forced to take more unnecessary block damage) and sometimes even resulting in a time out. She's massively gimped in AW attack now because of this.

This is worse than before she got fixed for her concussions to deal proper damage. I feel bad for all the players that rank 5 her as a 5 star.

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Well isn’t concussion a debuff? And willpower is triggered by debuffs...

But concussion is suppposed to stop abilities from triggering?

I don’t think willpower counts as an ability, concussion affects different masteries differently. For example, it stops parry because parry applies a stun to the opponent. But willpower is a mastery that applies an effect directly to the champion, so it isn’t affected by ability accuracy.

Just think about greater strength for example. Concussion doesn’t affect whether this mastery still applies it’s attack bonus. Concussion doesn’t affect liquid courage and whether it adds its attack bonus. Concussion doesn’t affect whether dexterity mastery still lets you evade projectiles.

I think kabam have just decided to change it or maybe it was a bug that concussion didn’t trigger willpower.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Well isn’t concussion a debuff? And willpower is triggered by debuffs...

But concussion is suppposed to stop abilities from triggering?

But masteries are not abilities, at least not willpower
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Before the update, she applied a invisible concussion that was not considered a debuff.
    After her update she applies a concussion debuff that lasts while she is charging her heavy.

I believe it should be a passive thing and not a debuff
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    If you spent all those units to maximize willpower you would hope it would apply to concussion. IF you spent all those resources to maximize Quake you would hope it would not apply to concussion.....

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Masteries can still be affected or nullified in a sense. For example- Heal block will stop willpower. In the same instance, concussion causes damage so it activates Willpower. Willpower is a passive effect so can't be nullified or stopped unless heal block is activated. So Quake isn't nerfed silently or anything like that. most likely not something you noticed before.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Masteries can still be affected or nullified in a sense. For example- Heal block will stop willpower. In the same instance, concussion causes damage so it activates Willpower. Willpower is a passive effect so can't be nullified or stopped unless heal block is activated. So Quake isn't nerfed silently or anything like that. most likely not something you noticed before.

It's new since the latest patch, because before this patch it didn't take me 3 minutes to kill a miniboss when playing Quake perfectly.
    LoPresti wrote: »

It's new since the latest patch, because before this patch it didn't take me 3 minutes to kill a miniboss when playing Quake perfectly.

It was probably set to how it was supposed to be since concussion was broke to begin with.
    edited February 2018

It was probably set to how it was supposed to be since concussion was broke to begin with.

hmmmmmmmmm....... That might also be the problem, maybe it's not the willpower then. So concussion damage is just broken again :/ sigh
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    First, why are you using quake on a miniboss? Was it mephisto? She’s not a great bosskiller

She was a great bosskiller before this patch. Topleft and bottomright miniboss are insanely easy with her, doesn't matter who's up there. Usually Dormammu or whatever with power gain + MD, who will cause problems for most champs except Quake. But now she's also useless there. I used to be able to bring that boss down in about 4-5 cycles. Now it takes at least 15.
    Concussion damage is not broken. It's working as it was originally intended. Did you not read the discussion about it?
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    I don't know about any of this but I have her as a rank 4 4* and I have exiled her to mostly doing War Defense (she is a great defender IMO). She take a lot of skill and consistency to play right and sometimes it does not matter if you play perfectly because you get lazy or slowed down AI... or you get the "whiff" bug and it makes it impossible to play her correctly (was tired of these things happening in some Quake fights so I stopped using her as much).
    Concussion damage is not broken. It's working as it was originally intended. Did you not read the discussion about it?

It was working after the fix in December, but since the last patch it's not working properly anymore.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    As far as I know, concussion was not supposed to (and never has) stopped wp.
    Regarding Quake: originally she applied an invisible concussion debuff on the opponent and that's how she worked for more than 1 year. Then when they finally fixed her aftershock damage, they also made concussion show up as a debuff icon which did not trigger willpower. Then, sometime later they changed her heavy attack concussion to count as a debuff which triggers willpower and nullifies a lot of her damage if opponent has wp
    Can someone check if it acts as a "true" active debuff i.e. if it activates on the debuff immune rhino in RttL?
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    First of all, I use Quake all the time against minis. She’s great, and her concussion ability has been a debuff that triggers willpower for awhile. Secondly, it shouldn’t make that much of a difference - WP heals based on base health, not noded health. If WP in war is giving you problems, you’re doing something wrong.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Just wait till he finds out AA is immune to concussion now.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Even with that immunity he is still broken since he was released. He is only immune to concussion and not overall ability accuracy modifications
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Even with that immunity he is still broken since he was released. He is only immune to concussion and not overall ability accuracy modifications
    We’re off topic now, but I’ve yet to see any evidence of this claim. Got any?
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    Is no one going to mention the stealth nerf that happened to Quake with the recent big update? It seems that Willpower is now triggered by Concussions. It's taking me close to 3 minutes now to take on minibosses with her if they have the Willpower mastery unlocked (forced to take more unnecessary block damage) and sometimes even resulting in a time out. She's massively gimped in AW attack now because of this.

This is worse than before she got fixed for her concussions to deal proper damage. I feel bad for all the players that rank 5 her as a 5 star.

There's a 5 star R5 Quake??.......
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    First this is not a nerf. Second wp giving you that much trouble in aw? It’s not like this is the old wp where it was based off the modified health or even when it use to stack. Third maybe just maybe if you didn’t try and charge a heavy and run the whole fight and maybe just actually fight you might just do Mich better just saying ether way this is no nerf. Her ability’s were not changed nor were her stats
    Against a debuff immune champ, quake dosen't put a concussion on her opponent which means it does count as a debuff (but IMMUNE doesn't pop up so maybe it isn't a debuff after all?)
    irhp7mtno2ri.png

Even without the concussion debuff on enemy, she can still evade so the effects of the concussion debuff are there without the debuff itself present
    nj9c2oybxk6b.png

The confusing part is that IMMUNE callout does happen suddenly in the middle of the fight and a few times after that while beginning to charge her heavy
    Note: First "immune" im the image is due to parry and the second one due to charging her heavy
    dlvuskxrext2.png

So, what exactly is Quake's heavy charging concussion? Is it a debuff? Is it not a debuff? Or do the character designers like quantum mechanics so it's both a debuff and not a debuff?
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Against a debuff immune champ, quake dosen't put a concussion on her opponent which means it does count as a debuff (but IMMUNE doesn't pop up so maybe it isn't a debuff after all?)
    irhp7mtno2ri.png

Even without the concussion debuff on enemy, she can still evade so the effects of the concussion debuff are there without the debuff itself present
    nj9c2oybxk6b.png

The confusing part is that IMMUNE callout does happen suddenly in the middle of the fight and a few times after that while beginning to charge her heavy
    Note: First "immune" im the image is due to parry and the second one due to charging her heavy
    dlvuskxrext2.png

So, what exactly is Quake's heavy charging concussion? Is it a debuff? Is it not a debuff? Or do the character designers like quantum mechanics so it's both a debuff and not a debuff?

Since quake seems to function almost the same without the concussion icon on the opponent, my question is whether that icon has any function other than serving as a visual aid (and triggering wp) while charging her heavy and keep her ability description correct:
    "While Heavy Attack Charging
    •Inflicts Concussion, reducing..."

One way to find out if she performs exactly the same without her concussion "debuff" is seeing if she can stop a debuff immune Mephisto/Ultron's regen while charging her heavy but I guess no one can verify that
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 67
    edited February 2018
    Even worse is her fight against killmonger. every time u charge heavy he gets 15% power instantly. So horrible.

RIP quake 💀