**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Jumping to a higher war tier when out of practice

beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
It has been a while since I have done war on the most demanding tiers. And I am afraid that being out of practice will get me kicked if I try to join an alliance now. Any suggestions on how to prepare?

Disclaimer: I am a 6k plus prestige player, completed act 5 and do not die doing Uncollected. Used to doing Map 5 without much of a problem.

Comments

• Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    1. Practice on quests and duels
    2. Prepare pots to revive and heal :smile:
    3. Pick a lane where there is more than one of you to take out the mini-boss (like lane 5)

I dont think your alliance will kick you for not getting full attack bonus, but they might be disappointed if you dont take out your miniboss :smile:
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    It has been a while since I have done war on the most demanding tiers. And I am afraid that being out of practice will get me kicked if I try to join an alliance now. Any suggestions on how to prepare?

Disclaimer: I am a 6k plus prestige player, completed act 5 and do not die doing Uncollected. Used to doing Map 5 without much of a problem.

Join a an alliance that's is within your abilities
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    get good
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    In order :)

@Tropical_Chris Yeah, they kicked me. I told them I would leave after the war, but they couldn't wait for it to end to kick me XD. I do play duels every day. And I can do Uncollected without using potions.

@Jaffacaked You are right.

@BUNGALNGAL There is no way for me to get good. I have been playing this game for 3 years. I completed Act 5, ROL, RTTL and several challenges. But I just do not have enough experience on high tiers in war. And it is hard to get because there is no real practice against that AI. You either get into that tier and manage not to sink everyone with you, or you just play in low tiers where you are just not challenged.

Being in an alliance has a lot of advantages, and a lot of rewards, but it seems to take the fun out of this game. At the same time, it seems a bit fake that winning or losing, they are doing piloting anyway. So I cannot even consider it fair to play in alliances.

For whatever reason, i just under perform at wars. And I think it's time to give up on it. There was a small window last year when it got less competitive, but it's over now, and even more with AW seasons. Most people will find the competition fun, but it is just not my case.

Disclaimer: AW has been around for 2 of those 3 years. This has been happening to me since the beginning. So it is not Kabam's fault, and it is not unbeatable without account sharing, it's something that I just cannot overcome (I do know that sharing my account would circumvent the whole thing, but that's not fun either, and at some point would blow up in my face).
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    @beyonder8421 I know isn't a recruiting thread, but if you'd be content with slumming it in a relaxed, mid level alliance that isn't going to put pressure on you, hit me up in game (Brew Swayne).

We aren't world beaters by any means, nor are we caught up in the rat race of trying to be #1, but we're pretty solid and fun, imo.
    @Brew_Swayne also being in New Zealand Timezone is not helping find appropiate alliances :p
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    edited March 2018
    We don't care about timezones. Most are US based, but we have a few international guys too. Anyway, the offer still stands if you decide you'd like a cozy place to chill. If not, no worries. :smile:
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    if you can do uncolleted potless,then i think you should be fine in AW with pots :smile:
    if you can do uncolleted potless,then i think you should be fine in AW with pots :smile:

That's what I thought as well. But clearly there is a psychological variable in this situation.