**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AI blocking WHILE BEING STRUCK by a Special Attack!!! [Under Investigation]

In my opinion this is a side effect of the obvious tweaking of AI behaviour/abilities since 13.1.

AI still blocks a lot of specials, even right after "save" combos. AI also uses dexterity in an almost Spidey-like manner, and if you get a combo in your block YOU SHALL NEVER EVER try a counter attack: In arena/AQ/AQ you'll definitely get parried (and combo'ed into oblivion).

The Game Team has tried to remedy the blocking issues with faster special attack animations (e.g. Scarlet Witch SP1), but this is just treating symptoms instead of curing the underlying condition: AI recovery thresholds have to be carefully re-adjusted!

The parry issues seem to be result of either parry now having some sort of cooldown after an MLLLM combo (thus either resulting in a block or just eating a full combo (since your champion didn't even raise his guard in time despite perfect parry timing) OR AI tweaking.

Nevertheless, this NEW problem has (for me) begun to occur in v15.0: AI gets struck by a multi-hit special and interrupts the special attack animation by recovering and blocking mid animation! Evidence of this can be found here.

Hopefully this gets fixed ASAP (along with the other issues which definitely seem to have a common origin in altered AI behaviour/abilities)!
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• bentoddfredbentoddfred Posts: 50
    The same thing has happened to me with Psylocke for a long, long time (since she was released during 12.0.1) and it has been brought to Kabam's attention before to no avail. Hopefully your clear examples will bring about a fix.

Additionally, other than SWitch and maybe Spidey, I don't find it any easier to chain a combo into a special (MLLL or MLLLM) than before. It honestly doesn't seem like anything has been changed.
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    I agree that the recovery time for the AI is much too quick in certain situations. I also suspect that based on your video evidence, they will just modify the time on Psylocke's special, rather than trying to adjust the root of the problem.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Can't be any more clear than that. Thank you op for making the video
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I’ve noticed some specials that take a while such as vultures L2 that allow you to block or evade the second part of the special after being hit by the first part. Loki’s L2 is another one where I’ve done that. The odd special timing does go both ways
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    The AI recovery has been a problem for a while, and there are multiple instances of video evidence proving it. I think Kabam tried to make the game more difficult for top players, but they broke it instead. The AI recovery is unreasonable and has been a huge problem that take a lot of resources.
  • DevortexDevortex Posts: 20
    Has this issue been fixed? I don't think so, because it just happened to me. I dueled Drax with my Stark Spidey. I used Stark's sp1 and the first part connected but somehow Drax blocked the second part of the special and my champ ate a five-hit combo as a result. I don't get why the AI is exploiting and punishing good gameplay
  • 1ceman181ceman18 Posts: 32
    I noticed that problem during the Killmonger challenge, where the AI could intercept your special attack and can use a heavy attack way too quick but you trying to use a heavy attack takes forever and the funny part is, it can intercept your special attacks. And it's always we're looking into it without any feedback or solution.
  • Pr0t0t7p3Pr0t0t7p3 Posts: 187
    Yes!! This happening to me and I thought it was just me and playing poorly.
    "AI still blocks a lot of specials, even right after "save" combos. AI also uses dexterity in an almost Spidey-like manner, and if you get a combo in your block YOU SHALL NEVER EVER try a counter attack: In arena/AQ/AQ you'll definitely get parried (and combo'ed into oblivion)."
    Hoping for a fix soon.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    still no update on trying to fix the issues but there's new in Game content everyday and stuff to spend units on, I might get flagged for this but oh well, how about everyone goes to the app store and give the Game a poor review like 1 star which will lower their rating and wright exactly why they're giving them 1 star and I'm sure it ring a bell, once you hurt their pocket then they will have no other choice but to fix the issues or say something other that " under investigation "
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    This won't get fixed. It's literally making them more money so it'll be "under investigation" for months if not years. Look at Captain Marvel's L2 that thing is pointless and they've never fixed it despite it being looked at for over a year.
  • sublime2323sublime2323 Posts: 21
    Kabam should at least reduce the cost of potions and boosts until these kinds of bugs are fixed. The customer is the one being affected negatively. We didnt cause these problems.
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    Hey @Kabam Miike you wanna tell us this is "under investigation" or just keep ignoring the player base?
  • ChrisS1506ChrisS1506 Posts: 52
    Stop spending any $ on in game purchases. That's the only way they'll fix it.
  • ArmyBratArmyBrat Posts: 87
    shake96 wrote: »
    @Kabam DK
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Loto
    @Kabam Zibiit

This issue has been well reported by solid users for months.

This OP was kind enough to make you a video detailing some of the problems.

5 months later, we still deal with the same gameplay problems... and all we have from you is a 5 month old comment that you'll investigate.

When will these issues be fully resolved? Timeline needed ASAP.

If you are expecting a response from the moderator (Kabam Wolf) that posted on this thread too then I have dire concerns. Seems he/she has not been logged on in over a month. Makes me wonder if it is even still on the radar now.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    This is happening to me as well in AQ. The AI recovered and started blocking mid hit during specials.
  • 13420131342013 Posts: 4
    They want you to use/buy units ...its a business w a terrible business plan. 3 years and i wanna quit playin now. Nothin will get fixed. Overpowered and very Overpriced game play....unless you spend and have the champs to play content. Game has been complete BS since 12.0.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    they should compensate for it
This discussion has been closed.