**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hey, Kabam. You've recreated the same problem.

Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
First, this is not a call to nerf any champs. The problem is *not* that some champs are "god tier."

Second, this is not a call out of any top tier alliance. Good for you for what you're doing. Hope you're having fun (really).

The problem is that Kabam destroyed what were formerly good teams because of their synergy (e.g., Strange and Scarlet Witch or Cyclops/Black Bolt/Magneto or Hawkeye/War Machine) under the guise of diversifying player options for champ use.

Case in point:

yjgyywsd2h02.png

Surely I don't need to explain the pattern here. If I do, you might be a noob.

The new hot team to use, especially on Alliance War Attack mode, is what has come to be known as the "triangle of death." Blade, Ghost Rider, and Stark Spidey. This is a pretty sweet set up, I'm not gonna lie. Personally, I'm an Archangel man, but everyone has their favorites. (Edited by Moderation)

The problem here, however, is that Kabam, after making major alterations to the gamespace has now simply recreated the same problem as before. If you go into ANY top tier alliance, almost every avatar will be Blade. Kabam has claimed that they do not want to make any one particular champ a "must have" — and yet, Blade is oftentimes one of the only effective counters to a lot of the "BS passive damage" we encounter with certain mystic champs (Magik, Dorm, etc.). Combine him with Johnny Blaze and/or Peter Parker (MCU) and he's even better (and so are the other two). This used to be the case for a lot of other champs in the game. On the one hand, I don't disagree with the elimination of the old Leadership synergy that created "perfect block teams." On the other, it was not replaced with synergies to enhance those champs to "usable" levels in a diversity of game play modes.

This is great that we have a champ like Blade. DON'T NERF HIM. He still takes skill to use. I'd love to have him some day. But maybe, just maybe, we need other champs to be buffed up to help counter the BS passive damage nodes if Kabam is actually being honest about their desire not to elevate any single champ over the rest of the field.
Post edited by Kabam Rimehaven on

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Honestly I’m a archangel kind of guy in war as well. But I take blade, gr and aa or starky.

I just can’t give up on my aa
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    Honestly I’m a archangel kind of guy in war as well. But I take blade, gr and aa or starky.

He's fantastic and a total damage output machine. (And, I don't have to rely on regen to clear entire paths with him!)
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Husky54 wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »

He's fantastic and a total damage output machine. (And, I don't have to rely on regen to clear entire paths with him!)

Absolutely love aa 💕💕
    He’s been solo’ing magik bosses in aw longer then blade has.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    To be clear, the changes to those Synergies came long before Diversity was an idea. They were separate changes that had their own reasons. Diversity was introduced as a concept, and then scaled back. People using the same Attack Teams had nothing to do with it, really.
    Oh, and I love AA too. :)
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I was between AA and Medusa to rank up to 5 (5 star). I decided to go with Medusa. If Kabam changes her synergies... and makes her less effective, I am probably going to be a little mad.
    This is what happened last time they changed synergies. Had SW, but couldn't get Doctor Strange in time before they changed it. In any case, 3* DS was equally effective for what I needed back then.

I don't see Kabam changing the holy trinity or the death trinity. They could add more synergies to them to diversify attack a bit more, but it's not a compelling problem. It does feel weird that everyone is using the same champs, but that also means you can place more specific defenders to counteract them.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Husky54 wrote: »
    First, this is not a call to nerf any champs. The problem is *not* that some champs are "god tier."

Second, this is not a call out of any top tier alliance. Good for you for what you're doing. Hope you're having fun (really).

The problem is that Kabam destroyed what were formerly good teams because of their synergy (e.g., Strange and Scarlet Witch or Cyclops/Black Bolt/Magneto or Hawkeye/War Machine) under the guise of diversifying player options for champ use.

Case in point:

yjgyywsd2h02.png

Surely I don't need to explain the pattern here. If I do, you might be a noob.

The new hot team to use, especially on Alliance War Attack mode, is what has come to be known as the "triangle of death." Blade, Ghost Rider, and Stark Spidey. This is a pretty sweet set up, I'm not gonna lie. Personally, I'm an Archangel man, but everyone has their kinks.

The problem here, however, is that Kabam, after making major alterations to the gamespace has now simply recreated the same problem as before. If you go into ANY top tier alliance, almost every avatar will be Blade. Kabam has claimed that they do not want to make any one particular champ a "must have" — and yet, Blade is oftentimes one of the only effective counters to a lot of the "BS passive damage" we encounter with certain mystic champs (Magik, Dorm, etc.). Combine him with Johnny Blaze and/or Peter Parker (MCU) and he's even better (and so are the other two). This used to be the case for a lot of other champs in the game. On the one hand, I don't disagree with the elimination of the old Leadership synergy that created "perfect block teams." On the other, it was not replaced with synergies to enhance those champs to "usable" levels in a diversity of game play modes.

This is great that we have a champ like Blade. DON'T NERF HIM. He still takes skill to use. I'd love to have him some day. But maybe, just maybe, we need other champs to be buffed up to help counter the BS passive damage nodes if Kabam is actually being honest about their desire not to elevate any single champ over the rest of the field.

Buff antman, problem solved
  • Like I said before blade affects diversity and it’s not in the best interest of the game. He needs to be nerfed
  • Jordan128 wrote: »
    They will be nerfed, then slightly re-buffed, then new god tiers will be released. Then they will be nerfed........ And then.......

This cycle will never end.

It’s part of their system. People went crazy over blade to spend money then they nerf. Then a new god champ comes out. Spend money to get. Nerf

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    @NutJob_Hero, the only diversity mechanic it would effect is if he was placed as AW defense. Just like Mordo, Spidey, NC, Juggs, Magik, Hype...
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    Hilarious comparing a synergy that allowed you to take zero damage with anything else.

Block proficiency was an accidental cheat code given to us by kabam. It created fraud accounts with players not nearly as good as they appeared. Still funny thinking about when Chloe introduced block proficiency reduction and players couldn’t beat it until kabam updated the game the final weekend of the event and broke their node, which allowed perfect block to work again and 3/4 of the community that couldn’t beat it finally did.

Compared to a synergy that lets the best champ in the game (spark) start with 3 poise that would take him 5 seconds to get without the synergy.

So let’s nerf blade because he regens even though the best regen in that synergy isn’t even blade’s.

Blade is the scapegoat of the butthurt.

Did none of you read where he literally spelled out: “DO NOT NERF BLADE”, or..? He’s saying other characters should be buffed to blade’s level. Blade shouldn’t be any less useful or desirable, he just shouldn’t be the end all be all of every aspect of the game. Isn’t that a good thing?
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    "Triangle of death" thats the worst one yet?
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    I don't understand. Everyone says mystic wars were a problem. Kabam releases blade to solve that problem.

Now blade is a problem? ffs people...

Both are problems. The way in which mystic dispersion interacts with masteries like Dexterity is absurd. Kabam claims they don't want things to feel like a "requirement" to have in game, but certain masteries are (like Dexterity, for an example). Additionally, it's not even consistent in game how "buff expiry" works. If you evade two attacks in a row, the crit rate buff "resets" and the opponent gets a mystic dispersion power gain. Yet, it doesn't work the same way with Hood's stagger/life steal, or with Dorm's signature degeneration debuffs. The game is currently inconsistent with Kabam's messaging.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Both are problems. The way in which mystic dispersion interacts with masteries like Dexterity is absurd. Kabam claims they don't want things to feel like a "requirement" to have in game, but certain masteries are (like Dexterity, for an example). Additionally, it's not even consistent in game how "buff expiry" works. If you evade two attacks in a row, the crit rate buff "resets" and the opponent gets a mystic dispersion power gain. Yet, it doesn't work the same way with Hood's stagger/life steal, or with Dorm's signature degeneration debuffs. The game is currently inconsistent with Kabam's messaging.

Shallow evading is hard to learn and much harder to master but it does pay off in other areas of the game, such as buffet nodes and LOL Agent Venom (intentionally bugged?).

Changing dexterity to re-activate/expire only when an attack connects could be the Occam’s razor of ending mystic wars.