**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are those recent changes to enemy AI intentional?

I've been playing this game for years. Recently i noticed a few rather radical changes to the behaviour of enemy AI which quite frankly has increased the difficulty of the game quite a lot and i haven't stumbled upon any information in the patch notes regarding these changes.

So, for a long time we've had the enemy able to charge a heavy from almost the opposite of the screen and able to "home in" on you and connect. This isnt something new, its been going on for a long time, and it isnt that huge a deal, although its damn annoying and counter intuitive in my opinion.

But the new thing i've noticed, especially if you fight with a small character like wolverine, enemies are now able to "home in" on you during one of their combo attacks even if you evade / swipe back during the first, second or even third attack. The enemy just continues the combo from miles off.

Now that is actually a pretty big change and it is extremely frustrating especially in AQ where you used to be able to play smart to avoid damage, now you have homing combos... Try dashing back with wolvie or anyone small against say Voodoo as miniboss in AQ and you'll see what i mean. It also means that huge characters are actually all of a sudden extremely easy to use to avoid damage compared to small. I mean, try Hulk and see how easy he evades with swiping back compared to small heroes.

Are those changes to the enemy AI intentional and going to stay? I hope for some constructive feedback.

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Exactly, been happening a lot lately. Either dash back is broken or like you said the AI is homing in.

First 2 hits - evaded and suddenly the third connects.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    I noticed this as well and started hitting block between dash backs and will catch them with a parry or get them to back off and not 'run' me down but it's annoying because they tend to do this the most from what I've seen, when you're trying to bait a special and so you end up just taking longer and longer to get the special out especially if you parry them.
  • 1ceman181ceman18 Posts: 32
    With drop rates probabilities being introduced and i'm guessing money spending dropping on crystal purchases, they (Kabam) need to make the money somewhere and that's where screwing with the AI comes in with players now having to spend the cash with alliance potions and revivals and those potions are freaking expensive.
    I noticed that AI invincibility during the Killmonger challenge and i'm guessing they were testing it out for release later. Lol
  • Yes its getting worse. Chalked it up to AQ fighting dirtier everyday (day 1 is rare, day 3 is expected, days 4-5 they will run you down mid-combo and probably hit you while they are stunned).

Random unstoppable and indestructible perhaps??? Blame MODOK lol
  • Kabam, any response or comment to my question would be highly appreciated.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    As stated by op i am also facing same issues where ai would just hit us with his full combo even if i evade successfully also i have faced 100% intercepts by ai when i dash forward with my champs it ai has got more smarter than it should dash forwarding for me is now a bad idea i hope kabam has a answer for this or maybe a fix in next update
  • theshiznit05theshiznit05 Posts: 107
    Fighting sentinels the dash back problem is painfully obvious.
  • 1927_2BPunished1927_2BPunished Posts: 60
    I am with you GWisdom
  • Just really wondering if its an intentional change that we have to accept or if it is a bug due to recent changes. Kabam, is it really not possible to get any response?
  • mespadamespada Posts: 59
    literally just had this happen against venom in 5.3.4 lol. it is what it is
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I havn't noticed any difference in the AI. Not saying you're wrong but it's the same for me as it has been.

Definitely something off. There is an instant Block. Can't get an L1, most of the L2s, or a Heavy off at all. Every Medium is whiffed. It's like the Champ can't Charge fast enough, and I eat a hit everytime. Two different speeds going on. I'm not entirely sure if it's the AI speed, the lag, or a combination of both. It's worse when the AI has a higher CR. Now, I'm not getting involved in the various conspiracy elusions on here. Pretty sure my position on that is clear. I don't support the whole idea that they're intentionally slowing people down. However, something is deinitely up.

Maybe it's a device thing? I've never had any lag issues but I know that others have. The game works well for me in general.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I havn't noticed any difference in the AI. Not saying you're wrong but it's the same for me as it has been.

Definitely something off. There is an instant Block. Can't get an L1, most of the L2s, or a Heavy off at all. Every Medium is whiffed. It's like the Champ can't Charge fast enough, and I eat a hit everytime. Two different speeds going on. I'm not entirely sure if it's the AI speed, the lag, or a combination of both. It's worse when the AI has a higher CR. Now, I'm not getting involved in the various conspiracy elusions on here. Pretty sure my position on that is clear. I don't support the whole idea that they're intentionally slowing people down. However, something is deinitely up.

Maybe it's a device thing? I've never had any lag issues but I know that others have. The game works well for me in general.

I'm skeptical it's the device. There has been a range of devices used reporting the same issues. It's not the device on my end. I just bought a new device and it's occurred on both the old and the new. All other Apps run perfectly fine, and the touch responds perfectly. The chances of it being related to that many different devices are just not that large. Pretty sure we can rule that out.
  • If it was device related I'd be inclined to believe there is a chance it could be an issue due to the display ratio. Im playing on a nexus 9 and its not a 16:9 display for sure. I know that my phone display is, and it has always had a longer sized fight scene than on my tablet. Even so, im disappointed in the lack of communication from those who would be able to clear it up for me...
  • Kamala Khan has been landing hits from pretty far. Leave it alone though, she should hit like that and now she's somewhat worth a fight LOL

Sentinel is either still working out some kinks or they are just designed to be extra difficult. SP1 and SP2 haven't been able to evade then block, or block then evade to avoid building analysis charges. I would expect similar effect as evading spidey sp1 where you can double dash back then block last web ball. For Sentinel I'm having to only block or only evade, every attempt at mixing gets hit.

Dear Kabam, I think the root of these sorts of complaints is AI being able to do things players cannot. If our champs and AI had equal abilities then we could all adapt and conquer. (reaction time, recovery time, extra reach, ignore hits from certain combos, AI miss combos every now and then, etc)

Overall, since adjusting the screen size pre-fight I'm still happy with the game
    I think they are messing with framing rates on animations... AI's light attacks (maybe others too but light attacks seem more noticeable) seem to speed up or slow down throughout the fight and really screw up your timing for parry's and intercepts. It's definitely made the game harder and frustrating at times but it's kinda fun too... maybe I'm a glutton for punishment? I dunno.
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/sKA8lNJ_WWg

Not fully related but is what it is

The ol' whiff trick... that's a good one. ACT 5.3 is where I noticed stuff like this the most recently. Glitchy animations and skipped frames - especially when you have the AI beat down below ~30% health.
  • The silence is unsettling... Kabam, still looking for an answer
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/ss1y-hUEi4o

AI Update - Now the AI can keep fighting after the game is paused by an incoming phone call. Because they are just that skilled.

Pause is different for the Ai