**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus and proxima villains

OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
Why aren’t they villains ?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    because they aren't. mostly for game balance
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I assumed that's why you asked. Of course you could consider them Villains. Just not every Champ will have that Tag.
  • MrchampMrchamp Posts: 31
    Jesus every character that’s comes out now people gunna cry for their villains tag smh.
    Then why did you say they should respect their design and not backstab it? It's been said that there will be counters to Blade. No Champ will be a cure-all for any content. There's always something that works against something.
    edited April 2018
    It's not a nerf. Many things that don't logically make sense exist in the game because the internal balance comes first. They can give new Champs whatever Tag they want. The game doesn't revolve around Blade and who can trigger him. Not from a design perspective. You sound like something promised was taken away. No one ever said he would be guaranteed Villains moving forward. Some will have the Tag, some won't.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Of course they can do what they want.
    But before him they never missed the villain tag. To my recollection of course.

If the game doesn’t revolve around him then why change the tag if not for him ?
    Maybe he’s affecting more than he’s supposed to.
    Tags don’t work only for blade you know. The villainy node exists too. Now you can’t use corvus or proxima on that node.

Anyway, I get your point and I agree to some extent. Don’t think it’s the right way to do it but maybe it’ll work.
    Well, I'm not really implying they're doing anything. Just saying that not every Champ will be classified as a Villain.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    If they are villains they should be. If they are heroes they should be tagged as heroes. But just my opinion anyways.

It would be great to find the reason they did it. Maybe all this blade talk has nothing to do with it. And they have something new coming with the new tag.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    the fact they arent immune to bleed or poison means they can die by that so AA sounds good lol
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 363 ★★★
    Lol this reminds me of the generder neural debates I have at work.

I’m not a boy or girl, I’m spirited 😂😂😂

No simple your either a villain or hero lol

However completely agree, should be tagged either as hero or villain. For such nodes as villainy and yes for blade(I’m biased as I have him 😂).
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 363 ★★★
    Lol love it!! got my 1st flag on a post.
    Thanks random person 😎

FYI I love that someone flagged all posts agreeing they should have a villain tag Or maybe there spirited.
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    They should have villain tags. Same as Sabertooth. It will be a shame if this is the future direction of the game just to tone down the effectiveness of one overpowered champ.

It’s not just about Blade either. There are nodes where only villains gain power, nodes that increase crit rate for villains and synergies that potentially revive non-robotic villains. If you pull Corvus or Proxima you’d expect them to benefit from these but they won’t.

If there’s a worry about too many villains for Blade to cut down Kabam could always review some champs who currently have the villain tag and give them something else. Off the top of my head Magneto, Red Hulk, Rhino, Ronan and Taskmaster all have villain tags which could be changed to something else. Not saying they need to be heroes, but they could possibly create a new tag for ambiguous characters (like they did with mercenary).

I don't know. I suppose we will find out when they're added. There's also the possibility it hasn't been added. All I'm saying is it's possible they didn't Tag them as Villains. Things don't always make logical sense when it comes to fitting them into the framework of the game.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    I never had the need to use blade even for unc chap 3

I used SW, Vision, SL, CB and Quake for 3.1 and Magik, CB, Quake, SL, Thor/x23/Hype for 3.2

However, if NOT putting Corvus and Proxima was meant to "balance" the game, then that's just outright lame. Thanos is a villain, hence, whoever works with him are villains unless it can be proven both Proxima and Corvus are mercenaries similar to Yondu and his crew.

If kabam sincerely wants to balance the game:

1) please fix up the fighting bugs and compensate the players adequately,

2) please reboot or upgrade more champions (beyond Luke Cage, Red Hulk and Sentry)
    - Mutant: Deadpool (X-Force), Colossus, Magneto (both), Beast, Psylocke, Gambit, Logan, Cyclops (both)
    - Skill: Daredevil (Netflix), Black Panther (Civil War), Moon Knight, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Hawkeye
    - Science: She-Hulk, Spider Gwen, Ant Man,
    - Mystic: Iron Fist, Loki, Thor (Jane Forster)
    - Cosmic: Groot, Venom, Venompool, Carnage, Superior Iron Man, Kamala Khan, Captain/Ms Marvel
    - Tech: Iron Man, Iron Patriot, Hulkbuster, Vulture, War Machine, Howard The Duck, Punisher 2099

All those champions above need upgrading

3) please update the synergies. Many old champions do not have new champions in their synergy (apart from medusa, which is ridiculous)