**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below. This thread is for Android users only.

Device and Model: (Example, Samsung Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example, 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. (Example, 17.1.5)
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• KlaywikiKlaywiki Posts: 41
    I forgot to note that around 75% of the time that the opponent dashes toward me I have lagged since the update.

-See above for info on device, etc
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Samsung Galaxy Tab E
    Android 7.0
    Version 17.2
    WiFi
    All game modes, worse in Arena Infinite Streak and Master and up.

There's quite a significant lag in controls. Periodically, Champs will lock in place after either side performs a Special. Controls will freeze at times. Sometimes the AI is moving much faster, and my side is much, much slower. The lag has been persistently worse, especially with harder content.
    Also, there is a decrease in Damge dealt that seems across the board, and Abilities will proc less. It seems consistent, with the usual decrease with Class Advantage. Noticeable this month. It's almost as if the Class Disadvantage Nodes have been applied to all AI. That's the feel anyway.
    Thanks.
  • LJTRLJTR Posts: 4
    Device and Model: Asus Zenfone 3 Max
    Device Operating System: 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: I can play most of the game with no lag at all with the exception of playing with or against some champions (Dormammu, Howard the duck, Hulkbuster, Modok and Falcon) and on the Sokovia map from age of ultron the game is only playable when im able to push the enemy against the right wall, right in the middle where the fight starts the lag is the worst.
  • vip662009vip662009 Posts: 32
    Device and Model: Moto G 5 plus
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: mostly playing on cellular
    Game Mode: All game modes except arena
    Description of the Issue: my champs (all of them) don't respond on my command against bosses and when opponent using SPL or heavy attack. My champ's response time is slower than the AI due to this can't intercept.
    On the Sokovia map from age of ultron the game is only playable when im able to push the enemy against the right wall, right in the middle where the fight starts the lag is the worst.

• charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Device and Model:Samsung Galaxy Tab A
    Device Operating System:Android 6.0.1
    WiFi
    Game Version Installed:Always up to date
    Game mode:Everywhere
    The controls sometimes are unresponsive mid-fight,This causes many problems,Especially in content like Act 5 and Wars.Too much Lag.Thats about it.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Device Operating System: Android 4.4.2

WIFI

Game Version: Always Up To Date

Game mode:Everywhere

I been experiencing lag in the arena while hitting the 'help' button for my champions and it usually takes around 5 -7 seconds to load, also I would experience lost of control over my characters and sometimes no control over them like a couple of times I started the fight my character would go into a permanent heavy attack which would end with me dying, and also at the beginning of fights it would sometimes lag to the battle and it would skip the classic '1...2...3...FIGHT' screen. So if you could help me with these problems I would be really grateful. Hopefully this helps.
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Device and model: LG Stylo 3

Device operating system: 7.0

Cellular or Wi-Fi: Both. Sprint User.

Game Mode: All

Description of the Issue: At the beginning of every fight, in every game mode the screen glitches. I can't make out what it is, but many others have complained about the same thing. While on Wi-Fi, I often have problems with the game staying connected. This however, is not a problem with my Wi-Fi because I can go on other applications just as large, larger, and smaller and not have any problems. While on cellular data, I have the same problem, just one miniscule difference: Takes longer.
  • FunerisFuneris Posts: 29
    Device and Model: Huawei Media Pad T3
    Device Operating System: Android 6.0
    Mobile Data/Wifi: Both
    Game Mode: All the modes
    Description of the Issue: loosing the control of the champions because of unresponsive commands sometimes just freeze, my champ don't do nothing just stays there and catch the attacks by the oponent, the heavy attack withouth touching screen and the decrease of habilities of all my champs.
  • Tdtm11Tdtm11 Posts: 9
    Acer iconia one 7
    android 6.0
    wifi
    Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest
    after 5 min Slow champ responses, sluggish hits, blocks and dash
  • BigKOBigKO Posts: 25
    Device and Mode Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505)
    Device Operating System: 5.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both (WiFi & Cellullair T-Mobile)
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: late response, can't block or parry game closes with the half life Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Story Quests and Event Quests penalty only Arena I get the chance to redo last match. VERY VERY PISSED ABOUT THAT using units and glory that goes to waste not getiing it back VERY VERY VERY PISSED about that. You guys should either reimburse items or remove the penalty this is just robbing my items which im not able to use

Device and Mode Iphone 5S)
    Device Operating System: 10.3.3
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: late response, can't block or parry game closes with the half life Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Story Quests and Event Quests penalty only Arena I get the chance to redo last match. VERY VERY PISSED ABOUT THAT using units and glory that goes to waste not geting it back VERY VERY VERY PISSED about that. You guys should either reimburse items or remove the penalty this is just robbing my items which im not able to use

FIX THIS MESS ASAP
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    Device and Model: (XIAOMI MI5)
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0 MIUI
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War in different moments.
    Description of the Issue: Lag is happening especially when there are many timers/buffs/debuffs happening. So it's particularly severe with monthly events bosses for example. Also I noticed the champ becomes unresponsive when has very low hp. For example I'm about to receive my last deadly hit, I swipe my finger to dash back - but instead it freezes for a fraction of second and receive the hit in the face! This happened so many times.
    Other issues:
    1. champ does a heavy attack while I swipe back to evade
    2. I block or evade and my champ just stand still
    3. sometimes I can't chain specials after a 4 or 5 hits combo - it's like the AI has super-speed recovering from my hits and blocking straight away!
    4. sometimes the AI is so fast that breaks my combos
    5. overall the AI has much faster reactions that I'm allowed to have....since I keep tapping on my touchscreen but the opponent can do more in the same fraction of time (attack, intercept, evade and counterattack).

You should provide some option to lower the resolution - remove the bg animations - have simple lights/shadows...anything that could improve the game response to users' inputs...because it's very frustrating as it is now!

Thank you for checking into these issues!
  • EbbollaaEbbollaa Posts: 1
    Device and Model: Samsung s5, Samsung s7 Edge
    Device Operating System: 4.1; 6.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both; T-Mobile
    Game Mode: Mostly Alliance Quest, Alliance War, and Arena
    the Issue: Voodoo's dash back is still very slow, often get caught by random AI dashing in even after being hit by a l2 special or l1 special. All other champion's controls randomly changes. I.E. when swiping right for a medium, champion stays still and charges for a heavy instead. Sometimes when holding down block, champions will drop block and stand still. Capt marvel and Iron man level 2 special are being easily blocked after M-L-L-L-M combo by AI. Alliance quest fights usually have a lot of lag when entering the fight or close towards ending the fight.
  • simun18simun18 Posts: 1
    Device and Model: Samsung Note 8
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both; At&t
    Game Mode: Event Quest, Alliance Quest, and Alliance War
    The Issue: Constant lag with dashing back. I've also received Dexterity, but still managed to get hit. I'm having trouble making it past Infinity Chaos 3.2 Master (which should not be an issue) due to the lag. When I dash or strike my character will also just stand still causing me to lose a fight or at least lose a lot of health.
  • SnapjaackSnapjaack Posts: 4
    edited April 2018
    Device and Model: Samsung S7
    Device Operating System: Android Version 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: BOTH, Telus (CDN)
    Game Mode: All game modes.
    Description of the Issue: Hickups when loading maps, hiccups at beginning of fights, occasional loss of champ control (Stark Spidey will charge up a heavy attack without prompt or release) DID not realize how bad it was until i played on friends IPHONE. The timing is different and i can actually dexterity on his device!!!
    Opened up a ticket a few days ago, but i did not have time to note all the specific times it has happened. I thought it was perhaps my phone so I reformatted, and it's still happening. ON OCCASSION- My game will be in turbo graphics mode. Everything is crystal clear, no lag spikes, no glitching. BUT: champs will be more volatile and will not block/will charge heavy for no reason.
  • Philly7788Philly7788 Posts: 18
    Device and model: Samsung Galaxy S8+

Device operating system: Android 8.0

Cellular or Wi-Fi: Both. T- Mobile

Game Mode: Mostly AW and AQ

Description of the Issue: game stops responding to inputs. At least once a day, and as often as 5 fights in a row, my champ will randomly stop attacking in the middle of a combo, no matter how many times I tap the screen, leaving me open for a 5 hit combo, which means death. Also while holding block randomly my champ will just lower their arms, once again leaving me open for a 5 hit combo, aka death. Once again, this happens daily. Potions and revives are way to expensive to keep having to buy them due to bugs in the game. It costs almost 500 units to revive and fully heal a champ, that's the equivalent of $20
  • CjlocoCjloco Posts: 13
    Samsung s6/ android 7.0/ both cell and wifi/app is up to date/experiencing lag issues in all parts of the game. Seems to be more prevalent in aw and aq but this might only be because they mean more than arena and questing. Seem to be happening when the back ground has more things going on as in movements for example (new thor ragnarok background) also happens when fighting with or against champions on fire(ghost rider and dormammu). Also champions that tend to have alot of words pop up on screen (antman, mordok). While in aq fighting iron man on path 4 of first section I have experienced lag 3 straight days. This doesn't matter the champion I am using against him ( scarlet witch, captain marvel, magik, Hyperion, wolverine are the champion I have fought him with). In alliance war against punisher (background had alot of movement). In arena fighting a joefixit he was able to fight of special between dash medium and light attack. Hope this helps.
  • SuckTheLemonSuckTheLemon Posts: 2
    Device and Model: Huawei Nexus 6p
    Device Operating System: Android Version 8.1
    Cellular or WiFi: BOTH
    Game Mode: All game modes.
    Description of the Issue(s):
    - sometimes the games becomes really laggy and feels like playing with 10-15 fps. This happens during one match(no relation with the opponent character) and then it works well for the next one.
    - sometimes I have troubles dashing back. This might be just me, but it happens more often after the update, so if other people have this problem, I think it's worth looking into it
    - The good ol' problem of excessively long loading screens.. really.. in arena the loading screen takes more than the fight itself.
    Hope this helps in any way :smile:
  • vampirexlord123vampirexlord123 Posts: 19
    Samsung galaxy core prevails with the latest Android updates 4.4.4 on WiFi with full bars. Game version 17.2. I've experienced lag, crashes, issues with in Game chat in all game modes. Arena, story, event, alliance war & quest. I've noticed that around 20-30 minutes in the game some or all these issues start to affect gameplay & I have to close the game or the game will do it for me, this way i can avoid losing a fight but it's time consuming at best. I've already filed 8 crash reports, 3 on the first day since I downloaded the update. You should be ashamed that it's taking this long & still no fix or clue in regards to the problem.
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    Device and Model: Elephone P7000,
    Device Operating System: 5.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. I'm on an ID contract, UK based.
    Game Mode: All game modes

Description of the Issue: rarely the game will crash during the fight loading screen leading to an automatic 50% health loss penalty in AW and AQ. The game doesn't give me the option to rejoin the fight using the in-game crash recovery software.

Sometimes my champs will become unresponsive or drop combo hits, on rare instances I have seen the AI do this too.

However those two issues have been in the game for a long time for me. The main reason I'm posting this is the huge change that happened only with the 17.2.0 update: something has screwed up the blocking/evade of my champs so I can no longer part evade something like Agent Venom's SP1 or Cable's SP1. I see that this has been officially recognised as a bug by the forum admin, and this only started happening after the latest update.
  • Device and Model: OnePlus 5, Samsung Galaxy s8+
    Device Operating System: Android O(8.0)
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue:Sudden lag in the middle of the fights,
    AI keeps intercepting through block,
    Hits not connecting,
    Inputs not getting registered,
    Instant timeout while entering a few AQ/AW matches. This may happen when a player gets out of mcoc, returns back after a minute and then instantly clicks on fight when the 1 minute pre-battle screen already expired,
    Sentinels in AQ
  • JoniemaximusJoniemaximus Posts: 21
    edited April 2018
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S5
    Device Operating System: 6.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both? WiFi home and work with Fiber optic speed, 02 network.
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War. but predominantly AQ and War
    Description of the Issue: Long loading screens followed by incredible lag that progressively gets worse match by match, blocks not registering. commands not registering the performing heavy attacks.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Device and Model: LG G6
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both (T-Mobile user)
    Game Mode: Any (arena, story/monthly quests, AQ/AQ, LOL, any daily quest, etc)
    Description of the Issue: game will randomly lag in the middle of battles and slow down, causing my hits to not be accurate and therefore start getting pummeled in the face and die. This has caused me to use units and spend money for units.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Android 6.0.1
    Game lag freeze during AW and AQ
    I have the most recent version of the game.
  • VerguldVerguld Posts: 128
    y2q1f9y0hv10.jpg
    cb9liksgmdre.jpg
    Device and Model:Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both and Verizon
    Game Mode: Story,event quest, aq,aw, and arena.
  • ZpliptzyZpliptzy Posts: 35
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy s8
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: I only play on Wi-Fi
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0)
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Severe lag in any mode after I've done an arena run, I highly suspect it's from alliance mates clearing my help. Even when my help is cleared, there's times when I'll swipe back for a dash back, and the game blocks if I'm lucky, very inconsistent parrys at times, sometimes it'll dash back randomly. Sometimes I'll swipe for an intercept, and it does a light attack instead, and I get comboed to the face.
  • jackie_boy87jackie_boy87 Posts: 10
    Samsung Galaxy S8.
    Android 8.0.
    Both wifi and cell coverage.
    Version 17.2.0.
    I experience dropped combos and blocks. The game has a slight glitch when trying to intercept an attack. Dexterity does not work consistently. Sometimes I want to use a medium attack and calls for a heavy. This happens across all game content. Long loading time between matches.
This discussion has been closed.