**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Highest damage possible

CobraCobra Posts: 126
What is the biggest number in game as damage by unique hit? With all possible synergies, buffs and boosts? I think it is something with Starlord's sp2, or?

Comments

• charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Cobra wrote: »
    What is the biggest number in game as damage by unique hit? With all possible synergies, buffs and boosts? I think it is something with Starlord's sp2, or?

Duped proxima's l2,with 4 prowess and fury???
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Probably proxima sp3 full boosted with suicides
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    The highest damage is in the past, gone, and dead.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018

I’d be very interested to see the actual numbers from kabam to tell us how high Proxima midnight can get in the game, and how high Thor used to be able to. I’m not sure which could do more.

Technically Loki has the highest theoretical damage, he can do 7% of the health of a champion in one go. As long as Loki has more health than someone with 10 million health, Loki can do higher damage than anyone in the game.

I’d be very interested to see the actual numbers from kabam to tell us how high Proxima midnight can get in the game, and how high Thor used to be able to. I’m not sure which could do more.

Technically Loki has the highest theoretical damage, he can do 7% of the health of a champion in one go. As long as Loki has more health than someone with 10 million health, Loki can do higher damage than anyone in the game.

You have Hela sp3, which deals 7% of the target's missing HP per fury (max at 5 furys).

You have Hela sp3, which deals 7% of the target's missing HP per fury (max at 5 furys).

So Hela has the same max damage as Loki then. It’s “up to 7% based on number of fury, max at 5”

edited April 2018

So Hela has the same max damage as Loki then. It’s “up to 7% based on number of fury, max at 5”

Not exactly. Is 7% per fury that she has.
    So against an enemy with 10kk HP, with 9kk HP already lost (1kk HP remain), her sp3 with 5 furys would do 3.5kk damage
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    Starlord with a streak of 400 plus. My 4/40 2 bar does 19000 damage without a streak

Not exactly. Is 7% per fury that she has.
    So against an enemy with 10kk HP, with 9kk HP already lost (1kk HP remain), her sp3 with 5 furys would do 3.5kk damage
    Nope, it’s not per fury.

nowhere in her description does it say that it’s per fury. It says up to 7%. “Up to” means it does not exceed. It also says, based on number of furies. Which indicates that the fact it is “up to” means how many percent is determined by the number of furies. The max of which, is 7.

If it was 7% per fury, it would say so in the description. But it doesn’t, it says “this attack deals bonus physical damage up to 7% of the missing health” meaning the physical damage of the attack can not exceed 7% of the missing health.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    In a single hit, maybe pre 12.0 thor? look up mvinceable's 10-hit ko of rol ws

This thread.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/62590/savage-the-image-speaks-everything#latest
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★

Would be true if it wasn't capped. Also, if someone wants to do the math of how much damage a 5/65 star lord would do on sp2 crit after 400 hits, that would be appreciated. it's a shame that lol has a damage cap
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★

Loki is capped at 100k
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    If you manage to build up a crazy amount of furies on hela, she could have the potential to hit a large amount
    Also if we're going back pre 12.0 then it's undoubtedly star lord at his sig worked to an infinite combo

Loki is capped at 100k

Only in LoL.
  • CobraCobra Posts: 126
    So @Kabam Miike do you know the magic number?
    So @Kabam Miike do you know the magic number?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

The limiting factor on Thor was how many armor breaks he could simultaneously stack. Theoretically speaking, I believe 11.x Thor could actually deal a million points of damage in one hit. As in literally showing a seven digit number on screen.

I've never seen direct evidence of it, but its calculable. This video shows 129k from a special three attack using a 4/40 4* Thor and 5 armor breaks (it is either four or five depending on the order the stun works, I'm assuming conservatively):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrrqjiRSCc4

(advance to about 1:26 to see it)

This video shows someone able to stack seven armor breaks with 11.x Thor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noka07QBO9o

This implies that had the 4/40 landed that special three attack with seven breaks rather than five the damage would have been over 500k. Had the 4/40 been a 5/50 instead, the damage would escalate to about one million points of damage due to the increase in attack.
    But it is not present.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Cobra wrote: »
    But it is not present.

If you want to know what the actual maximum possible damage number you can generate in the game is under actual current game conditions, that is a complicated question. For example, while people above have noted that Starlord can theoretically deal a lot of damage with a high enough combo, to actually generate that combo he has to fight something with enough health to survive long enough to allow him to generate a high damage buff. But you can't do that in LoL where you have opponents with huge damage due to the LoL damage cap.

The actual number you can generate is probably highly situational, and it is possible no one actually knows what that number is because no one has analyzed all possible situations in the game to determine what it is. There's probably a limit programmed into the game, but that limit is probably higher than any real damage you could deal.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

Loki is capped at 100k

Only in LoL.

loki is now capped in the description
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    I would say definitely Hela with the maximum furies she can get. I tested her when she wash bugged, and with 42 furies I would hit at 128k without crits, 250k on the last hit of the sp2.

So yeah, definitely Hela with the max amount of furies
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    I am pretty sure Hela's regular damage is capped at 50K.per hit. Hard to tell if the sp3 does over 50k.
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Ok are we talking about most damage in one hit, or most continuous damage?
    edited April 2018
    Primmer79 wrote: »

Loki is capped at 100k

Only in LoL.

loki is now capped in the description

Really? Hate all these caps where kabam make a champion or a synergy without fully thinking it through and then having to go back and cap it because they’ve made it too powerful.
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    Just look at people fighting brian grants rocket racoon on the 6* boss rush i did over 600k with a r5 4* thor with 1 armor break
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Like stated above, it is very situational.

Are you using boosts? Attack + Champion + Special Boost
    Which synergies are active? Crit and/or attack team in the background?
    What are the node buffs? Power Shield (400% special attack damage)
    Any active buffs/debuffs in the fight? 8 Fury stacks with Xbones versus 5 armor stacks with Civil Warrior
    What champ is it against? Some champs have significantly more (or less) armor than others.
    What game mode? Monthly quest with no masteries all the way up to an AW defender with defensive boosts.
    Is there an active Class Advantage?
    What masteries are you using? Full suicides vs a "standard" build?

To keep it simple, most consider a solo fight against ROL Winter Soldier as the go-to, but even that isn't consistent due to class relationships.

I don't have much experience pre-12.0 since I started playing just before it's release.

The highest damage I've personally done is ~31k. That was with a 4* 5/50 Scarlet Witch's special attack 2. She had 2 fury buffs and a crit buff plus a class advantage against a random Hyperion in EQ. No synergies, no boosts, no node buffs.

If I had attack boosts, a stack of crit/attack synergies, and Power Shield on top of that I could have easily cleared 150k
    DNA3000 wrote: »

That’s another example, I guess, of infinite potential damage. Just wait, wait and wait for those aggression furies to stack and sorted, could get billions or trillions of damage. Assuming kabam haven’t put a max counter in, which now that I think of it, makes sense that they would.