**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

50 million

For Proxima Midnight, so how does it feel to finally get a champion that high in arena making sabretooth second highest and bishop 3rd highest.

Whats next squirrel girl taking the throne next???? Lol

Comments

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I WANT HELLCOW!
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    IanMoone89 wrote: »

The day Squirrel Girl joins The Contest is the day I quit playing.

she was leaked to be released sometime this fall. but those are only rumors
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    They really need to increase the rewards to top 400. There really isn't an explanation for why then arbitrarily made it 150 which was less than the 200 for 4* arenas. And this is coming from a big time grinder who has won ever feature in arena scoring in top 60 in every new featured 5* arena there is.

Doesn't really make economic sense either, expand the rewards more people would be willing to spend to try to win one. But most know top 150 is near impossible so only 175-200 people are spending instead of 500-1000 but thats just my 2 cents.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    They really need to increase the rewards to top 400. There really isn't an explanation for why then arbitrarily made it 150 which was less than the 200 for 4* arenas. And this is coming from a big time grinder who has won ever feature in arena scoring in top 60 in every new featured 5* arena there is.

Doesn't really make economic sense either, expand the rewards more people would be willing to spend to try to win one. But most know top 150 is near impossible so only 175-200 people are spending instead of 500-1000 but thats just my 2 cents.

Great points, my alliance has a few arena grinders who have put up 30+ million a few times, but they stopped trying for 5* featured champions after Bishop's cutoffs hit 36 and 40 million. I did 28.5 mill for Luke Cage 1st round, but spending $ required to hit 40-50+ mil is not worth it, there are other ways to enjoy life than spending $1000s+ to get video game characters. If the featured 5* arena cutoff was increase from top 150 to top 400, I would consider changing my stance, as of now grinding for top 10% without spending units or $ is the way to go.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

If we are looking just at arena expenses, and that's not the only consideration, then increasing the number of rewards will likely cause more players to make the attempt and possibly spend, but it will also lower the amount of effort the top players will have to expend as well. There's no actual guarantee that this would result in more overall spending.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

If we are looking just at arena expenses, and that's not the only consideration, then increasing the number of rewards will likely cause more players to make the attempt and possibly spend, but it will also lower the amount of effort the top players will have to expend as well. There's no actual guarantee that this would result in more overall spending.

I disagree, we already know its $600 to guarantee a champ with only using units, and if you grind and spend like me its around $300 for a me. The top 100 are already going to spend the $600 to go for the champ regardless, they might cut it down to $500 but if the rewards were increased. Using math that means

100 x $600 = $60,000
    Now if we assume they cut it to $500 as cutoffs lower then 100 x $500 = $50,000, but 150 additional players may now spend $200-$300 to go for the champ. So even at 150 x $200 = $30,000

Total amount goes up to $80,000 from $60,000. or 20K increase. Crystals is where they make their money not the arena.

If they were smart they'd increase drop rates, I'd much rather spend money on crystals if I had a 5% chance to get the featured champ. I'd drop $400 a week easy (but arena is cheaper and guaranteed so I'm dropping $250 only now). Because of course you want the dupe. Now if they had a package that if you spend $200 you get the featured and a chance to dupe......in crystals I'd probably spend more cuz I want a maxed champ.

But thats just me.

I disagree, we already know its $600 to guarantee a champ with only using units, and if you grind and spend like me its around $300 for a me. The top 100 are already going to spend the $600 to go for the champ regardless, they might cut it down to $500 but if the rewards were increased.

You're assuming that even if the cutoff value drops the top 100 are still going to push as hard as they do now unnecessarily? That seems to be an unsafe assumption to me, especially given that all the data we have on top scoring in the 4* featured arena says otherwise. The top *ten* or so will drive for the highest possible scores, but everyone else drops off quickly towards the approximate consensus cutoff value. There is no reason to believe that the scenario you're describing would happen in the 5* featured arena.
    edited April 2018

You're assuming that even if the cutoff value drops the top 100 are still going to push as hard as they do now unnecessarily? That seems to be an unsafe assumption to me, especially given that all the data we have on top scoring in the 4* featured arena says otherwise. The top *ten* or so will drive for the highest possible scores, but everyone else drops off quickly towards the approximate consensus cutoff value. There is no reason to believe that the scenario you're describing would happen in the 5* featured arena.

The game’s top arena grinder posted a YouTube video of how he scored 100+ million in the 1st 5* featured arena. With that in mind, he finished 2nd this past round. IMO the game’s top arena grinders/spenders don’t care about scoring top 150, their goal is to finish 1st as often as possible so that they earn the game’s elusive arena titles. If that is even remotely true, then increasing the top 150 to the top 400 would likely have minimal negative effects on revenue earned from 5* arena. @Zuko_ILC you’re a serous arena grinder, what’re your thoughts on this?

Also, more players deciding to spend $/units to go for top 400 could have ripple effects of the same players deciding to spend additional $/units in other areas of the game (“foot in the door” effect). Emphasis on could, until actual changes are made all comments are speculation.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    For now on do 60 mill to be safe

The game’s top arena grinder posted a YouTube video of how he scored 100+ million in the 1st 5* featured arena. With that in mind, he finished 2nd this past round. IMO the game’s top arena grinders/spenders don’t care about scoring top 150, their goal is to finish 1st as often as possible so that they earn the game’s elusive arena titles. If that is even remotely true, then increasing the top 150 to the top 400 would likely have minimal negative effects on revenue earned from 5* arena.

I'm assuming this was intended to disagree with me in some way, but I cannot see how any of this directly contradicts anything I said in the post you quoted. Just to remind you, what I said was you might find a small number of grinders at the literal top, but that wouldn't likely extend to encompass the top 100. As counter to this statement, you apparently found one of the top ten I said you would find.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★

The day Squirrel Girl joins The Contest is the day I quit playing.

I always say this to my friends. Tbh Kamala Kahn, Spider Gwen and Modok already bugs me a lot
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★

Love to have Squarrel Girl in MCoC!!!
    Afterall, she is one of the few champs that can defeat Thanos!!! :D

40mucytanvnk.png

edited April 2018
    I'm assuming this was intended to disagree with me in some way, but I cannot see how any of this directly contradicts anything I said in the post you quoted. Just to remind you, what I said was you might find a small number of grinders at the literal top, but that wouldn't likely extend to encompass the top 100. As counter to this statement, you apparently found one of the top ten I said you would find.

Do you have evidence that only 10 players are competing for arena titles? My point was that the game's top arena grinder finishing 2nd in 5* arena shows that the #1 spot is up for grabs rather than guaranteed to be earned by the same player every round. 4+ players in one certain alliance have the Warbound title, it seems presumptuous to think that 10 players max are competing for the #1 spot in 5* arena. I would argue that the game's top arena grinder finishing 2nd in arena when a new champion is featured may give the impression that any motivated arena grinder can finish #1 any around, if they're willing to spend enough $.

On another note, what are your thoughts on the 2nd half of my last comment?
    On another note, what are your thoughts on the 2nd half of my last comment?

For reference:
    Also, more players deciding to spend $/units to go for top 400 could have ripple effects of the same players deciding to spend additional $/units in other areas of the game (“foot in the door” effect). Emphasis on could, until actual changes are made all comments are speculation.

Anything is possible, but I don't think it would be a materially meaningful effect. Usually, the gateway to converting players from free to play to paying customers are relatively small initial purchases. Someone willing to jump straight to spending tons of units on arena grinding is not usually the general target for conversion: you are probably going to hook those players either way eventually.
    Anything is possible, but I don't think it would be a materially meaningful effect. Usually, the gateway to converting players from free to play to paying customers are relatively small initial purchases. Someone willing to jump straight to spending tons of units on arena grinding is not usually the general target for conversion: you are probably going to hook those players either way eventually.

Makes sense. Your MMO experience far outweighs mine, MCOC is the only MMO I've played.

One thing I want to add is that the #1 spot in 5* arena awards twice as many 6* shards as top 150. 6* shards might be the most desired resource of end-game players, and certain champions added to the 6* featured crystal (Sentinel, Gladiator Hulk, Void, Killmonger, Bishop, Morningstar) would make a significant impact as Alliance War attackers and defenders. Motivation to improve AW attack and defense teams will continue to be high as long as AW offers the game's best rewards, and 5* arena is one the game's 3 options for obtaining 6* shards, the others being 5* dupes and Uncollected event quest. If certain top tier alliances are motivated enough to pay $ to hire AW mercenaries, the same might apply to a large number of top alliance members.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Time to make a basic 5* arena. And make the two 5* arenas mutually exclusive--enter one or the other.

Dr. Zola