**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena

RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
Getting a little mad at arena streak formula. I am a pure arena grinder and I was working my way to get captain America and I just landed to 10,5 million points (more is needed I know) but since before 9million points I faced a DeathSquad out of nowhere at streak 265 O.o I used a champions of rank3 of 4* with PI over 9000 which would make it a safe win... but I lost my streak anyway but I wasn’t mad as the AI was just being insane and only wanted to safe it’s power to sp3 -.- I lost and I proceeded anyway to build a new streak with some units and it went all fine until faced another DeathSquad out of NOWHERE AGAIN at streak 37??? I still had 4* champs of rank4 so it’s just unusual that this DeathSquad came out of nowhere. I tried my best to bait their powers with no avail :/ I proceeded again cause the new captain America was my motivation to get him knowing he’s almighty powerful in there and there so I build a new streak formula with some units AGAIN... and DeathSquad at streak 40 and this time with 4* of r5!... R5... the highest PI to secure my win but no, I simply lost because the squad didn’t wanted to give in to baiting trick :o and it made my mad cause I used over 200 units to build streak 3 times.... 3times!! I never needed to do that as once was enough and sometimes second was needed but very rarely but 3 times?? Something is fishy here

Comments

• Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    Same thing happened to me last night. Was over 300 wins and ran into this out of nowhere...... if I had my 4/40's this wouldn't have been a problem. Spent units to find a new match but kept getting these same 3 teams all 5 times. I even waited 30 mins and tried to find a new match and got these teams again. So went with the gwenpool team knowing I can take her out but she ended up having quake and morningstar on her team. I didn't do so well against them lol. Bled to death from attacking morningstar and was then quaked to death by quake lol. gfoxfiyhto92.jpg
  • JoMama999JoMama999 Posts: 43
    Mods have stated several times that arena matchmaking has been impacted by rank 5 5*s. Now that some people have 2 of them, it occasionally causes death match if you are using low PI champs
  • RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    Then if the mods have already commented on this then it stands clear that this is not anything fishy and working as intended... in other words! I just need to improve my rooster to be at the same level to continue avoiding DeathSquad.
    Well that’s bad :/ what I meant to say is to have more 5* higher ranks champions to continue catching up or else you will most likely face a DeathSquad too often in the future.
    Then I have no idea what Kabam is doing
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 563 ★★★
    @Kabam_Miike this is a serious problem, really serious problem, we can't adjust all roaster, to get +10k teams, is ilogic Say that you Will lose all effort from +250 Streak without problems, to lose the Streak always at 45 Streak after deathsquads, for getting 2 5*@5/65, really, stupid?
  • HeyChasonHeyChason Posts: 4
    I got a deathmatch just now with a team of 5* R1...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Pretty simple guys, 3x 3/30(or 1/25)is no longer safe from death matches so you gotta field teams stonger than 3x 3/30(or 1/25).

P.S. Quietly laughing at those who laughed at those of us ranking 4 stars past 3/30.
  • KarimRagabKarimRagab Posts: 62
    edited May 2018
    ir9d6uh9ycid.jpg

Streak 30+, Why has this changed suddenly?! They should fix this...

@Kabam Miike Please tell us if this will be fixed?
  • This is not a bug. This is how the Arena Matchmaking has always worked, but something you didn't come up against because no summoner had two Rank 5 5-Star Champions. This will continue to change as summoners have access to more and more Tier 5 Basic Catalysts.

There will always be a way to maintain the "infinite streak", but it does mean that the method to get there and keep it going will continue to change.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I'm guessing the infinite streak has something to do with the combined prestige of your 3 attackers. If your 3 attackers surpass the minimum prestige for that arena, they will trigger the infinite streak. If they're below the minimum prestige, there is a high chance they will trigger the death squad. This minimum prestige might be determined by the collective average of the top player death squad prestiges, which is why as more people are getting 2 5/65 5*s and soon 3 5/65s, that minimum prestige needed will continue to rise.
  • SqueezzSqueezz Posts: 9
    Well that’s saying “sorry, not sorry, deal with it” ... guess we’ll have to think of new strategies
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    that same thing happened to me!! Just replace the five star colossus with a rank 3 lvl 30 four star one... very frustrating!!

so, no more r1 allowed to maintain the streak in arena? That's crazy stupid.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 563 ★★★
    This is not a bug. This is how the Arena Matchmaking has always worked, but something you didn't come up against because no summoner had two Rank 5 5-Star Champions. This will continue to change as summoners have access to more and more Tier 5 Basic Catalysts.

There will always be a way to maintain the "infinite streak", but it does mean that the method to get there and keep it going will continue to change.

Miike, it's a bug, more 5/65 characters can't be in middle of 1/25-3/30 heroes, Not all have resources(Money) to make these account upgrades.

And, why i say that is a bug? Because in infinity streak Start, you will find Kang and Thanos teams, and if you lose it from Deadsquads, you will find the same deadsquads in the restart of infinity Streak, You can Waste 50 units refreshing teams and you will get same Deadsquads, or, only 3 players of 120k have 2 4/55?

• SqueezzSqueezz Posts: 9
    If you want us to rank up our 4* champs to r4 at least gives more ways to get tier 4 basic catalysts, because it is impossible to rank up our 4* rosters when we have to also rank up our 5* and save to eventually rank up the 6*... there aren’t effective ways for us to get them all!
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    All those janky 5* I never wanted to take past r1 just got a lot more janky :# The t1a investment alone makes it prohibitive to take up these champs just for arena.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    If you follow their logic then anytime in the past that a new level of champ was attainable, let's say when people first started get R4 5*, then we should have been getting death squad matches. Did we? No, we did not.

Actually, when R4's first started to appear, I did see a change in how arena match making took place. It wasn't quite as dramatic, but it was there.

I have noticed twice in the last few weeks something happen in the arena where I got a much stronger match than I would have expected. In those cases I don't think that roster increases were responsible, because it wasn't consistent. In both cases, the same teams did not draw tough matches the following day under the same or similar streak conditions. I can't explain that with roster creep. I know that player roster composition affects arena match making exactly as Kabam is claiming. But I don't believe that can fully explain why the arena sometimes seems to generate death matches seemingly out of the blue, because it reverts back to not doing so after a while under the same numerical conditions. There has to be some other non-static element to this, either a random element or an oscillating one that determines the difficulty threshold per match that can sometimes by happenstance line up in a way to drop players below a critical threshold.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Another subtle money grab since you have to start all over and spend units if not use items to jumpstartthe streak once more.
    I don’t think it’s a money grab for now as it’s more understandable with more people having more 5*. 5-6* champions is a trend now