**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Vision Cosmic Champ in Milestone Description [Mod Edited Title]

Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
Since when vision is a cosmic champ!!!xhyv58plm7v1.jpeg

Comments

• The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Maybe its means when you're fighting against them? *shrugs*
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    So then if you get matched up against them (arena) where you don't have any control over picking opponent you are screwed? Nice
  • shawnli87shawnli87 Posts: 99
    It’s a general disclaimer for ending fights with a special, because Vision’s specials themselves don’t cause damage.
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    shawnli87 wrote: »
    It’s a general disclaimer for ending fights with a special, because Vision’s specials themselves don’t cause damage.
    Hahahaha they are NOT cosmic champs in the 1st place you won't get points ei
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Viper83 wrote: »
    So then if you get matched up against them (arena) where you don't have any control over picking opponent you are screwed? Nice

WAIT! wait you think you can't control who you fight in arena???? just switch it out and have your cosmic fight someone else.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Cosmic Vision is BEST Vision
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    The previous vanquishing blow events gave some points for completing a fight and then a big bonus if for ending it in the SP2, medium hit, etc. Why did that have to be removed with now you only get points for ending the fight correctly AND per class champ? It was already a tough event to do beforehand, now it's even worse lol
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Agerd
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,557 Guardian

I think he means that the game was programmed to put that disclaimer into the panel whenever the event was the defeat with special 2 version, but the class of the event is chosen separately and the panel doesn't "know" that when it puts the disclaimer.
  • shawnli87shawnli87 Posts: 99

@Viper83 Seems like you’re confused on what “general disclaimer” and “fights ending with a special” mean. Obviously Vision is not a cosmic champ, but the text is most likely coded to appear any time there is a special as a last hit requirement.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all,

As others have pointed out, this is a general disclaimer that applies to all of the Mad Titan's Vanquishing Blow milestone events, much like the one above that clarifies that points can't be earned in Alliance Quest or Alliance War. Today may not be a Tech Champion event, but if there is a Tech Champion milestone in the future, keep in mind that neither Vision will help you earn points.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Why vision is singled out? Why he got the axe? Even if it was tech class? Poor visions lol.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    Why vision is singled out? Why he got the axe? Even if it was tech class? Poor visions lol.

Because visions specials don’t do damage. The power burn after the special does direct damage and they can’t code the game to account for that. This has been a thing since the first event of this type.
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Anurag1606 wrote: »

Because visions specials don’t do damage. The power burn after the special does direct damage and they can’t code the game to account for that. This has been a thing since the first event of this type.

I don't think it has to do with the fact that power burn does direct damage. I think it is specifically because the power burn's mechanics make the player not the actual source of the damage It happens quickly, but essentially the SP2 lands, no damage is dealt, the target (typically) gains power because of the landed attack, then a moment later from out of nowhere (basically) a power burn triggers and converts the target's power into damage. Because the damage doesn't come from the attacking Vision (in literal terms, I suspect the source of the damage is the target itself: it essentially commits suicide by debuff) the game doesn't credit the player with the finishing blow.
    edited May 2018
    You just said the same thing I did in many more words. The special does not cause damage, it causes power burn and power burn deals direct damage.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all,

As others have pointed out, this is a general disclaimer that applies to all of the Mad Titan's Vanquishing Blow milestone events, much like the one above that clarifies that points can't be earned in Alliance Quest or Alliance War. Today may not be a Tech Champion event, but if there is a Tech Champion milestone in the future, keep in mind that neither Vision will help you earn points.

May i ask why would Vision be benched? I dont see any reason for that
    You just said the same thing I did in many more words. The special does not cause damage, it causes power burn and power burn deals direct damage.

You said "the power burn after the special does direct damage and they can’t code the game to account for that." What I said was that it doesn't matter what kind of damage power burn does, that isn't relevant to the problem.
    It could do tickle damage, the point is that the special doesn’t inflict the damage but the power burn from the special does. I’m sure you can find someone else to argue semantics with though.
    It could do tickle damage, the point is that the special doesn’t inflict the damage but the power burn from the special does. I’m sure you can find someone else to argue semantics with though.

I'm not arguing semantics. I responded to the plain meaning of the words you typed, as I always do and always will. You explicitly stated that they "can't code the game to account for" the special doing direct damage. If that's not what you meant, that's not what you should have said, and certainly not what you should have attempted to double down on.
    They cannot code the game to account for damage that is not actually caused by the special itself. In this case it is considered direct damage. This is not hard to comprehend. Have a good day sir!
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Why will Vision not give us points? That doesn’t make sense.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    @Codornas bcz his super easy to kill loool
    Why will Vision not give us points? That doesn’t make sense.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit

Because Vision's SP2 can't kill anyone, because Vision's SP2 doesn't deal damage. So there's no way to knock out an opponent with Vision's SP2.

This is not some special rule the devs put in to penalize Vision. This is the devs reminding people that Vision's SP2 doesn't deal damage so it never is the cause of a knock out. This is literally no different than if the event required knock out with special one, and the devs said Spider Gwen is excluded.