**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

iOS Beta Test - Volunteers Needed.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
edited July 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hey Summoners!

Our team has been working hard to investigate and identify solutions for the reported overheating issue on iOS devices, and we currently have an update that we have been testing. Before rolling this update to the full player base, we are looking to find some volunteers that can assist in further testing. A few very important things to note:

1. Volunteers must be technically savvy. The instructions for how to download this beta and access it are slightly more complicated than the betas we have run through the in-game menu. It involves installing a separate app and following certain instructions.

2. Volunteers must have previously experienced or reported the overheating issue prior to this post.

3. Volunteers should be prepared to possibly download more than one update, depending on how the testing goes.

4. Not all volunteers that sign up will be selected, it will be first come first serve and once we reach our cap we won’t be able to notify everyone individually. If you’ve signed up, we will post updates in this thread and you should check in periodically.

5. This Beta does not include any new game content or champion changes - this is specifically for us to test possible resolutions for the iOS crashing & overheating issues that some users are encountering.

Last - we appreciate the flexibility and patience of everyone that volunteers. These small scale tests are an integral part of validating fixes by those experiencing the issue first hand, and the methods we have to use to get the test build into the hands of players outside of the app store is less formalized than the normal download process for a finished app.

You can find the application form here: http://bit.ly/iOSBetaMCOC

EDITED TO ADD:

Please note that this is an incredibly manual process, and takes some time for us to get players added in. We will be doing one batch this evening, and another batch tomorrow around mid-day. We will not be able to provide one on one troubleshooting for accessing the Beta itself, unless there are widespread issues preventing people from logging in.

For those that have been granted access, you will be added to the Beta forums. There are further instructions regarding how to access the beta test in this thread:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81271/ios-beta-test-instructions#latest

Comments on your experience should only be posted in this thread:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81275/ios-beta-discussion-please-only-post-in-this-thread#latest

note - you will not be able to access the above links if you have not yet been added. This is normal.
Post edited by System on

Comments

• RS2017RS2017 Posts: 7
    Hello
  • NerfwarriorNerfwarrior Posts: 5
    Thank you for working on this! Application submitted.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Very excited about this possibility.
  • ARWARW Posts: 2
    Want to sign up
  • Frajorode8Frajorode8 Posts: 2
    Hope to help and solve this
  • indranhindranh Posts: 1
    i already sign up, how to download the application?
  • TsmittTsmitt Posts: 41
    A good precautionary measure to take, I just signed up for it. Thank you Kabam team.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I am assuming this does not require upgrading to the iOS 12 beta…?
  • I submitted my name and I ask that I be chosen. I play the game on both a new Ipad where IOS 11.4 is installed. I also play on an Iphone 6 with IOS 12 beta installed. On the Ipad I don't have heat issues but the game crashes. On the Iphone 6 I have heat issues. Thanks and I'm willing to help.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    Signed up :-)
  • NnniteshNnnitesh Posts: 1
    Thank you for working on this! Application submitted.

Me
  • Bobo190912Bobo190912 Posts: 7
    I want to try this maj :hushed:
  • The_SQThe_SQ Posts: 2
    Thank god for the case on my phone without it I might have 2nd degree burns.
  • MA1972MA1972 Posts: 2
    Signed up!! Afete do a beta version update on iOS game stopped to crash and close but overheating still happening
    I am afraid it Doesn’t return to normal running and I never saw a bug like this in the game or I do not remember! I lost many time at arena with problems to have to restart and spending time and missing points
    How does it will be capmpensated?? A good question to be answered by kabam but as usual we do not expect to much from kabam !!
  • AncientrelicAncientrelic Posts: 34
    I signed up too
  • St4rlordSt4rlord Posts: 5
    I want in :)
  • Sent in my application for it
  • RebelCazRebelCaz Posts: 24
    If I can play normally again sign me up. Last 24 hours was horrendous
  • raza_cageraza_cage Posts: 1
    the overheating is happening on Android too. on Android the game also says that there is a network error and turns off even though I have full bars. please fix these issues on Android as well as ios
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    WiMak wrote: »
    I am assuming this does not require upgrading to the iOS 12 beta…?

No, it does not!
  • It needs to be done and I’m willing to help lol sign me up 👍🏾
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    no beta testing for android users? :'(
  • Got beta invite

• Drdre74Drdre74 Posts: 20
    Just signed up. Hope this is the cure for my sick iPhone. I haven’t been able to even do arena cause my phone crashes after a few fights.
This discussion has been closed.