**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Someone want to explain this logic to me?

ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
How can well timed block with a sword on a laser beam, flying knife, bullet, etc cause the shooter/thrower to bleed?

Maybe reflecting the knife or bullet back... but energy blasts and lasers?

Kabam logic.

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Its made from Vibranium... So it reflects everything.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Is a game that happens in a fictional universe. How do you expect anything logical?
    He simply has an ability to cause bleed on well-timed blocks. Notice that it doesn't say anything about "physical well-timed blocks".
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Iceman takes Coldsnap damage. I couldn’t explain this if I tried.
  • Mdntpny23Mdntpny23 Posts: 27
    You should have been around for the Magneto conversation a couple years ago. He used to be able to attack electro without taking damage. They changed it and have the excuse that it's a non-contact physical attack. That very classification doesn't make sense.
    Mdntpny23 wrote: »
    You should have been around for the Magneto conversation a couple years ago. He used to be able to attack electro without taking damage. They changed it and have the excuse that it's a non-contact physical attack. That very classification doesn't make sense.

Close, but Magneto was never able to not take Damage from Electro/Thorns. We just changed his basic attacks to deal energy damage. His attacks make contact, and deal energy damage.

Even these days there are still some weird Electro mechanics... Sometimes when using ranged special attacks he will damage you when he is hit by a projectile. I haven't fought him for quite a while so I guess it's possible that things have changed, however, I haven't read anything in the bug fixes from recent updates that tell me this has been fixed.
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    That was Dr Strange
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Some attacks seem like projectiles, but they are not. For example, hyperion sp2. The second hit is considered physical nad not ranged, and therefore it triggers static shock
    Some attacks seem like projectiles, but they are not. For example, hyperion sp2. The second hit is considered physical nad not ranged, and therefore it triggers static shock

Okay, then maybe the issue is that some attacks that should really be considered projectile attacks are actually not considered as such in the game. Hyperion's breath really shouldn't count as an attack that makes physical contact.
  • Bajan_SamuraiBajan_Samurai Posts: 107
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    How can well timed block with a sword on a laser beam, flying knife, bullet, etc cause the shooter/thrower to bleed?.
    We'll chalk that up to imperceptibly small shards flicked at the attacker on contact if it's well timed.

I'm interested in the Magneto and Dr. Strange side of the conversation too though. Considering how Mags is considered one of the underdog champs, I think it's worth revisiting how physical+energy attacks are treated.

Using Electro contact and Captain Marvel blocks as an example (even if this doesn't apply to thorns, although it should), both versions of Mags, as well as DS, should benefit from being treated as half physical drawback and half energy drawback instead of having both drawbacks.

That is, if DS or Mags hit Electro and do 1000 hit damage, they should receive 17.5% (35%/2) reflected contact damage, 175 health loss. Any other champ making contact (without another ability like Subtlety) would take 350 health loss.

Similarly, if they hit a blocking CM, they should do half absorbing % energy of what a pure energy attack otherwise would do. This mechanic would also extend to Ultron's energy absorption.

Just a thought on a simple thing that could make more sense and improve a less desirable, older champ.

Btw, GR's sp2 flame suffers the full electric feedback when hitting Electro even though it is ranged. I believe that definitely shouldn't work like that. The Sp1 chain making contact is sensible, especially being metal, but not a burst of flame.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    How can well timed block with a sword on a laser beam, flying knife, bullet, etc cause the shooter/thrower to bleed?

Kabam logic.

Game logic. All games simplify mechanics. They aren't physics and biology simulators. There are all sorts of ways to cause damage in the real world, but only two in the game: physical damage and energy damage. All energy damage is basically the same, all physical damage is basically the same. When the game creates a mechanic like Blade's well-timed block mechanic, it generally has to treat all well-timed blocks the same way because trying to account for every possible attack from every champion that exists or will exist is madness.
  • Dazman220Dazman220 Posts: 49
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Kabam logic.

Game logic. All games simplify mechanics. They aren't physics and biology simulators. There are all sorts of ways to cause damage in the real world, but only two in the game: physical damage and energy damage. All energy damage is basically the same, all physical damage is basically the same. When the game creates a mechanic like Blade's well-timed block mechanic, it generally has to treat all well-timed blocks the same way because trying to account for every possible attack from every champion that exists or will exist is madness.

The game has the mechanic of differentiating attacks from projectile attacks though. They could have it that only well timed blocks on non projectile attacks have the possibility of inflicting damage/bleed or whatever .

Thats not something i want to see implemented though lol.
  • Dazman220Dazman220 Posts: 49
    Also if you use blade vs abomination you can recieve a poison from one of your bullets from sp2 lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Dazman220 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Kabam logic.

The game has the mechanic of differentiating attacks from projectile attacks though. They could have it that only well timed blocks on non projectile attacks have the possibility of inflicting damage/bleed or whatever .

Thats not something i want to see implemented though lol.

Even when it is possible to do, it isn't automatically a good idea to do. There is a balance between how complex and detailed the mechanics are in the pursuit of fidelity of the source material, and how simple and easy to understand the game mechanics are for the average player. Where you balance these two is a highly subjective judgment call.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Dazman220 wrote: »
    Also if you use blade vs abomination you can recieve a poison from one of your bullets from sp2 lol

please, stop it!
    Abom cast poison whenever bleeds, even from masteries. his blood is radioactive or whatever, so just being around poisons you