**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Dups

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
Am I the only one? Can't pull one at all. Just opened another Crystal, MK. I don't care who it is, but it's becoming infuriating to keep opening them, which take somewhat longer to accumulate, and never land a Dup. I literally have hundreds of Sig Stones I can't use. Now, I know logic dictates that I'll open one eventually. However, there has to be an easier way. What do you all think about 5* Class Crystals? That would somewhat increase the odds. It would also allow us to fill a Roster of each Class. Just throwing out ideas because I almost threw out my tablet. Lol. Seriously. RNGesus hates me.

Comments

• KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    I pulled 25 5*crystals, have 24 champs
    I feel ya
    We do have pickup crystals, so im not too sure about your thoughts mate...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Pickup Crystals?
    Whatever that was called that costs 15000 shards
    Oh, yes. For sure. Featured. I don't care if they're new or not. The more Champs that are added, the more the odds decrease. Now, I know Shards are easier to come by now, but it's still longer to accumulate. I don't care what Champ I Dup as long as I can use the Stones. Lol. It's just frustrating is all.
    Hmm... you two sure have a point, and is very convincing
    If Kabam can introduce class crystals, one class per week or so, it might actually work out well
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I’ve suggested class crystals quite a few times actually. With over 110 odd champs there needs to be a way to limit the pool. And no, featured crystals are terrible.

Well, I'm officially sold.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    will you spend any sig stones on KK?
    duped jugs two days ago — would've take any new champ instead gladly. only around 10-20 champs need their dupe
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    It is frustrating not getting decent champs and/or awakening those you do have. I get champs pretty slowly as a solo player; so had essentially resigned myself to never Awakening one. I now have (only) 17 five-star champs and actually got a dupe last week; awakening the mighty Ant-Man.

Luckily his Dupe does actually make him a bit more useful (especially if I ever pick up a 4-5* Wasp or Doc Ock) so I'm actually relatively happy with my first dupe.

I do think some special crystals that have smaller champion pools would be appealing; and something I might be prepared to buy. 'Class' crystals would be one option as you suggest; or alternately Kabam could create more themed crystals like the Bloodletting crystal, the XL crystal, and the event-related crystals they've done before (X-Force, Civil War, Spider-verse, and GOTG crystals):

zh3306eyclfv.png

This was a decent offer on the Evangeline Lilly challenge:
    xda8ywvjwcr5.png

Thoughts on potential themed crystals -

Robotic/cybernetic champions (WS, Cable, Rocket, Nebula, Modok, Sentinel, Ultron, Doc Ock)
    Power Armour champions (Stark-tech, Pym-tech, Wakanda-Tech)
    Mercenary champions (MK, DPX, Killmonger, Domino, Rhino, Nebula, Taskmaster, Yondu, Electra)
    Utility champions (Doc Ock, GG, Venompool, Cable, Hood, CAIW, P2099, MS, GR, Rogue)
    Power Control champions (might be an expensive one, this! Nebula, Rogue, Psylocke, HE, Magik, Doc Ock, Vulture, WS, CW)
    Villainous champions (Obvious)
    Spiderverse champions (obvious)
    Tank champions (obvious)
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    HolyDrac wrote: »
    @TitoBandito187 I feel like you've been waiting for this day lmao

I’m living for it lol

Amazing

• Scurvy42Scurvy42 Posts: 53
    @GroundedWisdom

RNGesus may already be disappointed with your lack of faith, careful lest you suffer his vengeance! ;)

Maybe head down to coal harbour and offer a sacrifice to the Vancouver hq? Im not sure what would be appropriate, maybe some oct17th, or vij's takeout?

:smiley:
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    The term is "champing."
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Sitting on 45 5* and 15 of them are duped, while 4 of those are with gems. Out of the 45 I have 4 cosmic (ronan, groot, drax and Phoenix). I have 2 5* cosmic rank up gems (2-3 & 3-4) and 2 cosmic awakening gems. Last night I duped Phoenix.

I’d use more shards towards “class specific 5* crystals” if they were available.
    Jaded wrote: »
    Sitting on 45 5* and 15 of them are duped, while 4 of those are with gems. Out of the 45 I have 4 cosmic (ronan, groot, drax and Phoenix). I have 2 5* cosmic rank up gems (2-3 & 3-4) and 2 cosmic awakening gems. Last night I duped Phoenix.

I’d use more shards towards “class specific 5* crystals” if they were available.

Just an idea. Granted, I was frustrated when I posted this, but the idea certainly isn't mine. It's been suggested before. I could see a need for it.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    This is a problem I can only say I have when it comes to God tier champs lol..
    Let's see
    I pulled Storm and duped her 5 times!..
    I saved 4 5* crystals opened 1 CW, 2 CW, 3 She-hulk, 4 CW (talk about RNG at its finest)
    Next 2 crystals Ronan and Electra, Next 2 crystals Electra and Ronan :-/
    Pulled Loki and a few crystals later duped him..
    Mean while there's a mass amount of 5*s I don't have and my Blade, GR, Iceman and DV remain unduped.. RNG can be so cruel :-(
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »

Just an idea. Granted, I was frustrated when I posted this, but the idea certainly isn't mine. It's been suggested before. I could see a need for it.

Oh very frustrating, without a doubt. Grind arenas, do all the monthly event quests etc...for a small, tiny chance you’ll get something useful towards your roster.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    This is a problem I can only say I have when it comes to God tier champs lol..
    Let's see
    I pulled Storm and duped her 5 times!..
    I saved 4 5* crystals opened 1 CW, 2 CW, 3 She-hulk, 4 CW (talk about RNG at its finest)
    Next 2 crystals Ronan and Electra, Next 2 crystals Electra and Ronan :-/
    Pulled Loki and a few crystals later duped him..
    Mean while there's a mass amount of 5*s I don't have and my Blade, GR, Iceman and DV remain unduped.. RNG can be so cruel :-(

I would agree with this. It’s more of a question of duping awful 5*. Duping HB and Rhino 5 times each and not being able to dupe GP or Magik is baffling.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I just saw a post that I agreed with and made me chuckle, so wanted to give them props lol. To the OP, RNG is RNG is RNG. That's the foundation crystals have been built upon since the beginning of this game, and I've seen OP around for a while so he is probably a seasoned player. I don't quite get why we are making posts about crystal RNG in July 2018 lol. As more champions enter the basic pool, the harder it is to pull a dupe. But every new champ you pull increases your chances of pulling a dupe. And Kabam has been shoveling in more 5* shards in the game so you'll get more opportunies quicker. I'd be estatic to pull any new 5* champ after pulling to the sig 40-80 range of kamala khan, spidergwen, shehulk, falcon.
    I wouldn't say the problem is RNG in general. I get that it has a purpose. I just suggested the Class Crystals because it would be a way to increase odds while still leaving it to RNG. As more Champs are added, it will become harder. Not to mention it's important to have each Class of Champ. In any event, I'll get them eventually. I just wanted to put it out there.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    I wouldn't say the problem is RNG in general. I get that it has a purpose. I just suggested the Class Crystals because it would be a way to increase odds while still leaving it to RNG. As more Champs are added, it will become harder. Not to mention it's important to have each Class of Champ. In any event, I'll get them eventually. I just wanted to put it out there.

There are crystals in the game already that have a 1/6 chance in awarding who you want awakened. And you can get them pretty easily if you deserve awakened god tier 5*