**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

19.0 mcoc arenas

C_Hype84C_Hype84 Posts: 41
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Have you been grinding out arena day in and day out that you wish you could just hit the one milestone you’re actually going for and Kabam says “not today!!” Well ever since 19.0 they decided to change arenas and throw a curveball and send a death squad your way. Which I can understand, but to have 2 death squads within 3 matches is a little uncalled for. I just wanna hit the milestones in 4* feature. I could care less about getting the champs. Please put the kill squads in after the milestones because now I’m not going for it. I’m posting here to see if anyone else actually agrees with this or am I a loner?9dgix50f7vem.png
kafaskr9mrgz.png
Lol

[Edited by Moderation]

Comments

• LogarooLogaroo Posts: 100
    I think it has more to do with the PI of your teams and the fact that people now have multiple r5 5* post July 4 deals. I’ve encountered them myself when I used teams with a similar PI.
  • C_Hype84C_Hype84 Posts: 41
    I didn’t have an issue pre 19.0, but it’s an issue now all of a sudden? I can understand if you’re going for the featured champ to send a death squad your way, but during the milestones (which are already time consuming as it is) shouldn’t have a death squad.
    It’s just an opinion and I know they’ll never fix that and it makes arena grind a complete waste of time now going for just the milestones.
  • ProfbxProfbx Posts: 1
    Found a way to get around it. They changed the mechanics so the steak is now based on rating higher, and also a higher weight on 5 VS 4* champs. So, for instance, 27 fights in with a 3k rating 4* duped Luke Cage/Iron Fist and a 2.7k Iron Fist that would have gotten a normal fight now triggers the death squad, and a 2.7k avg rating 5* squad does the same. So now, for my low 5* characters I put them with 5k rated 4* champs. This will give a squad with an average 3.5-4.5k rating per character that you can easily take out. It takes a bit longer, but on the upside you get more chips?
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I haven't played an Arena since this mess started. No way I'll be able to grind enough to make it worth the frustration or possible damage. Missing out on thousands of 5 star shards.
  • BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    Death squads are not matched up based on your "milestone". It is based on the PI of your teams. 3/30s will not be safe anymore, at least low PI 3/30 teams won't be safe. This is not something that they can put a fix on because it's not broken: it is happening because many accounts now have 2 or 3 5/65 champs and the matches are found based on PI. Stop using low 3/30 champs that's all. Easy solution
  • luga123luga123 Posts: 8
    errrr I think you have to change tittle to : 19.0 MCOC Arena Infinite Streak Problems
    It be so hard to reach milestones coz most of champs for grind are 3/30s. This change will only benefit those who have large rosters, and those whales who has easy access to rank up their 4* and 5* champs, with the rarity to harvest t1 alpha and t4b it would be hard to rank up champs. I believe the balance is not right, and 4* 3/30 should still not face death match.

if you guys appreciate NOT to be able to use your 4*3/30 in arena grinding, post comment here
    qxzavt4mu5im.png
    4* basic arena streak is affected too!! So 3/30 champs in there are not safe either! What a joke
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    You need to use 4/40s after kang/thanos teams until streak of 21 or so. after that 3/30s are fine.

<edit> In basic arena.
  • ExtrmWillExtrmWill Posts: 9
    you cant use 3/30 champs anymore. more of my roster is just useless now. thank god i have over 100 4* and can only use about 30 in arena now.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Kabam never released an infinity streak guide. It was done by countless experiments by the community to figure it out. The equation that calculates an opponent for you is based on available champions that have fought in that arena. In arenas where r5 5* and 6* can participate, there are now stronger teams to pull from. In these arenas, the infinity streak requirements are now higher.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I never use below 4* 4/40s anymore.
    Djr17 thanks for pointing that out. I for some reason thought I was in the 20 streak already. I think my brain needs a rest from arenas. Lol
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 111
    This has to do with the end of season 2 and the July 4th offers. These pushed a lot of people to there second or even third max 5*. We saw this back at the end of season 1 in the featured 5* arena, it was only a matter of time until it spilled over to the featured 4* and even the catalyst arenas.

I’m slowly working on taking my 5* to R2 just to adapt to this change, and won’t bother with 4*. They just are not worth the rank up material just for arenas at this point.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Kabam never released an infinity streak guide. It was done by countless experiments by the community to figure it out. The equation that calculates an opponent for you is based on available champions that have fought in that arena. In arenas where r5 5* and 6* can participate, there are now stronger teams to pull from. In these arenas, the infinity streak requirements are now higher.

This is the best answer you'll get. This has been happening ever since people started to get r5 5*
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    You should be fine with 3/30 champions if you respec for suicide masteries, they give huge PI boost
    l1ps7l8k2avf.png
    Ok I did some tests for this arena and definitely having a PI of 10k plus seemed to keep me away from death matches. So I started taking my top, middle, and bottom champs that were available and made sure they were over 10k. So I’ll just do that from now on. Thanks for the info everyone
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Personally I just use maxed 4* with 2 5* r1. Haven’t got a “death squad” since doing that. Keeping pi up 9k-10k overall is smart for this arena.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    ExtrmWill wrote: »
    you cant use 3/30 champs anymore. more of my roster is just useless now. thank god i have over 100 4* and can only use about 30 in arena now.

Yes, you can. Just can't use a full team of your lower 3/30s without a 4/40 thrown in if you want to be safe. In the basic arena 3/30s are fine also because the max is still only 5/50. Not that I ever use 3/30s in arena anymore but it's not that different.
  • GeekArtsGeekArts Posts: 94
    edited July 2018
    I’ll be making an updated video guide soon (YouTube channel) , but The following teams should avoid the death squads:

2x 1/25 + 4/40+
    2x 3/30 + 4/40+
    2x 1/25 + 2/35+
    2x 3/30 + 2/35+
    1/25 + 3/30 + 4/40+
    3x 4/40+
    3x 2/35+

Avoid 3x 3/30s and 3x 1/25

Hope this helps

e6yc0tufj1n9.png
    66htv1gdijjk.png

x3l7sjutp4bm.png